XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Azrael's Log

Guest Azrael Strife

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- YES!!, I'm back in action, everything checks and I've downloaded Microsoft AntiSpyware to prevent further incidents. Time to keep playing Pardus, KOTOR 2 and Call of Duty :P.. oh yeah, and work on Xenocide :D

- I just had to moderate a cute little drunk topic, I've informed Red Knight and the situation has been dealt with.

- Red Knight has asked me to update the Xenocide FAQ, I'll request Astyanax's annoying services to aid me in this :D, proofreading will be halted until we are done with it.

- Astyanax and I have developed a quasi-acceptable list for Phase 2, we will continue working on it.

- Revised Tzuchan's Plasma Systems text, looks like it's getting close to complete, should not be long.

- I'm downloading the demo of Star Wars: Republic Commando, can't wait to try it! :Hyper:

- The FAQ is still there... staring at me, I'll start now with it.

- I could not run P.Release 399, I had a problem with a .dll file, posted in the Help Desk in seek of aid :D

- I haven't run into Astyanax today, quite strange I could say, he must be busy :)

- In Pardus I've abandoned the Xenocide Alliance and joined another alliance called DABOO Corp.

- I have not seen Micah in a while as well, I wonder if he is on vacations or something.. Edited by dipstick

- OMFG, Republic Commando is a [b]must[/b] for FPS lovers like me!, released on March, can't wait. KOTOR 2 is excellent, would be nicer if Bioware had developed this time, full of bugs and a good but inferior story than the first one.

- I'm (trying) updating the FAQ, however my lack of programming skills is giving the hardest time!, I understand half of what's in the programming forums, no wait, I don't get anything that's in the programming forums, so it's hard to know what to put in, I think I was able to update the most notorious things, I don't know however how good can I do yet :(
Thanks to Vaaish and Rincewind I think I got most things about their respective departments.

- Two more for the CTD, mad and Mark, Mark is also the writer of Chronicles of Garas, online comic-book based on D&D, check it out! [url="http://www.chroniclesofgaras.com/default.php"]http://www.chroniclesofgaras.com/default.php[/url]
One recruit for PRG, kamikazejay. Edited by Azrael

- Started working on the FAQ, update most I think, guyver6 helped me further later with the system requirements, I hope I do it all right.

- I'm playing Poker hold'em in yahoo and about to go to sleep, stayed a little longer to see if I saw Astyanax, ...ohhhh, three jacks!

- Did a little promotion of Xenocide in Chronicles of Garas today, let's see if that draws some people.

- PAGE 4!!! :party: Edited by Azrael

- Made a list of inactives today, that was dreadful, it was difficult to assign departments to those that were never actually involved more than posting in the recruitment center, but there it is the list.

- Scheduled meeting of the Inner Circle of Proofreading to the weekend.

- Moved a bunch of incomplete texts back to active, they need much work. Edited by Azrael

- Red Knight has posted a thread for all members to post, all that don't post will be considered inactive.

- Looks like my beautiful Alien Goal text is coming to its end, the grand balance created is being destroyed... it's so sad.

- Micah has reappeared, unfortunately looks like RL isn't giving Micah much free time.

- Posted in the Docs page "Who are we?", I don't know if it's good, but it's there.

- Posted final FAQ, updated to the best of my abilities, and thanks to Vaaish, Rincewind and guyver6 who responded to my doubts. :)

- Updated members list in Docs, added Rincewind and kafros.

- Five polls have concluded, the results are:
"Starfire" Interceptor (inspired by New Fighter Craft)
"Eclipse" Heavy Transport Craft (Inspired by New Fighter/Transport Craft)
Alien Origins (Inspired by...guess)
Thanatos: Project Xenocide (Inspired by Cydonia or Bust).
The Martian Solution has been inconclusive so there will be a showdown among the most voted. I'll ask everyone to vote as no one seems to :)

- Updated the names in their respective threads.

- New polls to be opened in a week.

- dipstick will be helping Vaaish as an Art assistant ("bring me the coffee, dippy!" :whip: :P)

- For Red Knight: murió Pappo!!! OMG
RK Edit: Si lo vi en la tele, se pego un palaso. Edited by red knight

Guest Azrael
- Proofread "Alien Composites", it may change as I proofread the others.

- My time has suddenly become real limited, as I start college, this week I have an introductory course which takes about 4 hours, but can be longer, once I start I'll have my time schedule real tight.

- Downloaded Magic: the gathering with Manalink and I'm really looking forward to humilliate Astyanax on it :P

- Shinzon has been promoted to full Xenocide member! :party: Have you seen those beautiful laser pistol textures??

- Play CTD's favourite game!, Spam The Dipstick!, the game consists on dipstick finding from 10 to 20 private messages each day! So far Astyanax has the lead, but will he be able to contend against the abilities of Azrael?

Update: Ouch, Astyanax has just lost a point to Azrael! :D Edited by Azrael

Guest Azrael
- Paradigm Shift: Offensive Operations has defeated my Alien Stronghold Location :(, that's the new name for The Martian Solution.

- Opened six... or so polls for Facilities, will leave them for at least a week.

- Tomorrow I start college! My time availability will be severely reduced :(, I'll drop by as much as I can, but I still don't know how hard will college be, I suppose very. Wanna know my Faculty's (unofficial) motto?? It's "GRAPPA, LIMON, ORGÍA, IN-GE-NIERIA!!" translated it would be something like "GRAPPA, LEMON, ORGY, ENGINEERING!", a lot is lost in translation :P

- Mailed the UN this last week, the wimps didn't answer me, cowards! :devillaugh:

- Red Knight is moving to Buenos Aires, so for now Rincewind is on the throne (no, not that throne) :)

Shoot, after tomorrow, my time availability will be increased. Face it, Az, you're just trying to avoid me! :P

[quote]Wanna know my Faculty's (unofficial) motto?? It's "GRAPPA, LIMON, ORGÍA, IN-GE-NIERIA!!" translated it would be something like "GRAPPA, LEMON, ORGY, ENGINEERING!", a lot is lost in translation[/quote]
Are you sure that a lot isn't [b]added[/b] to the translation? :sly: I'm kind of curious what [i]exactly[/i] it is you'll be studying! :)

Anyway, best of luck in for your new school year, Az!

Guest Azrael
[quote name='Astyanax' date='Mar 7 2005, 05:39 AM']Shoot, after tomorrow, my time availability will be increased.  Face it, Az, you're just trying to avoid me! :P

[quote]Wanna know my Faculty's (unofficial) motto?? It's "GRAPPA, LIMON, ORGÍA, IN-GE-NIERIA!!" translated it would be something like "GRAPPA, LEMON, ORGY, ENGINEERING!", a lot is lost in translation[/quote]
Are you sure that a lot isn't [b]added[/b] to the translation? :sly: I'm kind of curious what [i]exactly[/i] it is you'll be studying! :)

Anyway, best of luck in for your new school year, Az!
[right][post="113237"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
Nah, in spanish it rhymes too :D. So they let you out of your cave today? :P

Looks like I will have to keep you two in order..... *sigh*

Work!!!!! (even if you only have 2 mins - look at the forums!)

That said, Azrael seemed to be on here 24/7 at one point.... :sly:

Guest Azrael
[quote name='dipstick' date='Mar 7 2005, 01:23 PM']That said, Azrael seemed to be on here 24/7 at one point.... :sly:
[right][post="113263"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I was testing my new broadband :P
And I do work, I just like to do it behind the scenes :)

Guest Azrael
- I see Astyanax's been let out of his cage again today, as I see him reading my log right now... :rolleyes:

- I'll start working on the XML Tech Tree, HTML will be left aside :), I'll require help as I don't know squat about XML :(

Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean that I haven't been reading the forums, dipstick. I actually like what I'm seeing- lots of friendly interactions (especially the new recruits!), and writing going on- perfect for the CTD! =b

As for me, I just got done with my Berkeley interview! Woohoo! I'll hear from them in a week or two, so keep your fingers crossed for me. :D

Currently, I have a minor case of food poisoning (bleh), so I won't be too productive today.

Btw, how was your first day, Az? Edited by Astyanax

Guest Azrael
[quote name='Astyanax' date='Mar 7 2005, 11:48 PM']Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean that I haven't been reading the forums, dipstick.  I actually like what I'm seeing- lots of friendly interactions (especially the new recruits!), and writing going on- perfect for the CTD! =b

As for me, I just got done with my Berkeley interview!  Woohoo!  I'll hear from them in a week or two, so keep your fingers crossed for me. :D[/quote]
:fingerscrossed:

[quote]Currently, I have a minor case of food poisoning (bleh), so I won't be too productive today.

Btw, how was your first day, Az?
[right][post="113326"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You and the things you eat :OhBrother: , I warned you against raw Human flesh, when will you learn, maybe you should try tzuchan's Beans and SPAM recipe?

First day was nothing like highschool used to be, teachers give flash lessons, go through each topic in matter of minutes and resolve and explain exercises in seconds, but it was very interesting, looking really good, in my first day I had to do physics excersises!, a photocopy full of exercises per week.

*sigh* I should've known better to snack on anything aside from the texts... :P

Btw, I know a kick-butt SPAM & kimchee recipe... :naughty:

Anyway, glad to hear that your classes are piquing your interest.... I expect those lemon orgies of yours stimulate [i]plenty[/i] of discussion... :P Edited by Astyanax

Guest Azrael
- Moved most of the Tech Tree to XML, it's taking time because of my unfamiliarity with the code, and it took me extra time cause the darn thing wouldn't validate! Finally Centurion and Rincewind helped me and got it running.

- Dipstick is getting the lobotomy I've been suggesting to him :P, unfortunately he has to go back to the hospital.

- Red Knight is running around with the enterprises that want to hire him, he has made a decision and starts working on monday, he is even luring more people towards the project :naughty: Edited by Azrael

Guest Azrael
- Praesul has entered the forums! (yes XA members, [b]that[/b] Praesul :P)

- Kikanaide has returned and has been promoted to Full Project Member, he has posted also his Heavy Plasma text.

- I've posted the new agendas, we'll try to focus on the active facilities, for now.

- Heavy Plasma Clip has been completed.

Guest Azrael
- Poll results: Missile Defense Array, Plasma Defense Array, Laser Defense Array, Base Access Facility, Research Facility, no need to tell which inspired by which. All moved to The Archives.

- dasMikechen has entered the forums! (for XA members in Quana-Phic, yes, he's also that dasMikechen)

[quote name='Azrael' date='Mar 13 2005, 04:35 AM']- Praesul has entered the forums! (yes XA members, [b]that[/b] Praesul :P)
[right][post="113902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[quote name='Azrael' date='Mar 16 2005, 10:45 PM']- dasMikechen has entered the forums! (for XA members in Quana-Phic, yes, he's also that dasMikechen)
[right][post="114363"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]we're being invaded by Pardus members! OMG Edited by SupSuper

Guest Azrael
[quote name='SupSuper' date='Mar 16 2005, 11:22 PM'][quote name='Azrael' date='Mar 13 2005, 04:35 AM']- Praesul has entered the forums! (yes XA members, [b]that[/b] Praesul :P)
[right][post="113902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[quote name='Azrael' date='Mar 16 2005, 10:45 PM']- dasMikechen has entered the forums! (for XA members in Quana-Phic, yes, he's also that dasMikechen)
[right][post="114363"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]we're being invaded by Pardus members! OMG
[right][post="114385"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
We are being invaded by DABOO members, more specifically :P, oh wait, or should I say, [i]you[/i] are being invaded? :naughty:

Guest Azrael
[quote name='dipstick' date='Mar 17 2005, 10:56 AM']stewart had better double check the lock on the pardus forums.... :D

Apart from that, any help is welcome.
[right][post="114427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

*mumbles* We will crush you and your pathetic Starbase <_< ... hmm?, oh, yes, today.

- Opened five new polls, the remaining facilities.

- Xenium-122 has been completed!

I have the following listed as having pardus access: BloodyHeart, Deathskull, dipstick, fidel_, Hailfire22, j'ordos, Kirill, Paladin, SupSuper, Tsereve, Zoojie; please confirm.

Yeah, Do you think I'll get more readers if I multi-color the link?
Speaking of which, since I'm posting in one of the more well read threads,

/me stands up on a soapbox

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to unveil to you all, THE one, THE only,
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7183"][color="blue"]Anti[/color][color="orange"]-Astyanax[/color][color="red"] Gun[/color][/url]

[quote name='kafros' date='Mar 18 2005, 09:08 AM']Hey, you forgot me!!! :'(
[right][post="114568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I dont show you with access someone else will have to confirm that.

Guest Azrael
- Haven't really done much these past days, I'm on holidays and resting from college, which this following week will be harder than ever!

- Posted my progress with the XML Tech Tree, still have a thing or two to add, but it's looking pretty good for someone who knows squat about XML :P

- Now these are texts I need to point to those who don't scout the CTD threads:
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7192&hl="] Xenocide Internal Investigation [/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7183"] Anti-Astyanax Gun, X-Net Entry [/url]
Please read :)

- Due to severe time issues, the Proofreading Taskforce will be reassembled, a new team is to be formed shortly.

- Opened a thread for new name suggestions for Blaster Bomb Launcher and Bomb.

- Jenny's birthday! :party: ...was like some days ago, forgot to post here :(

[quote name='stewart' date='Mar 20 2005, 05:23 AM'][quote name='kafros' date='Mar 18 2005, 09:08 AM']Hey, you forgot me!!! :'(

[right][post="114763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]i can confirm it, he's a XA member :)

Guest Azrael
[quote name='stewart' date='Mar 18 2005, 02:05 AM']I have the following listed as having pardus access: BloodyHeart, Deathskull, dipstick, fidel_, Hailfire22, j'ordos, Kirill, Paladin, SupSuper, Tsereve, Zoojie; please confirm.
[right][post="114521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Mar 22 2005, 10:20 PM'][quote name='stewart' date='Mar 20 2005, 05:23 AM'][quote name='kafros' date='Mar 18 2005, 09:08 AM']Hey, you forgot me!!! :'(

[right][post="114763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]i can confirm it, he's a XA member :)
[right][post="115023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Not that I don't love having you people around... but could you *please* discuss irrelevant things via PMs? :OhBrother:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Azrael
- I've opened voting for the new name for Blaster Bomb/Launcher.

- Opened a new thread for new name suggestions for human weapons.

- Moriarty, dan2, tzuchan and Astyanax compose the new Proofreading Taskforce.

- Gave final proofreading to Grey, it's finished.

- Rescued [Fusion Missile] from Unsorted and moved it to Active.

• 1 month later...
Guest Azrael
Time to revive this :)

- Well, a long time ago I HAD opened the poll for Fusion Bomb and Launcher. The winning names were "Gravity Distortion Launcher" and "Gravity Distortion Drone", thank you to all participants :D

- Closed the Submission of names for human weaponry, I'll open new polls soon.

- Gave final touches at Heavy Laser, Heavy Plasma Clip and Plasma Pistol Clip, which the Proofreading Taskforce (Astyanax and dan2, currently) had already worked on, moved them to finished.

I've been catching up with all the stacked work and I still have a lot to do, but for now, I must sleep, slept 3 hours last night :(, goodnight :wave: Edited by Azrael

• 1 month later...
Guest Azrael
[quote name='blehm' date='Jul 5 2005, 08:27 PM']I have not yet updated mine in a very very very long time
[right][post="124172"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You never did much...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Azrael
I meant YES, you know it, you love it, you can't live without it, The Log is back! :rave3: (and my shameless plugs of the sites I go around :P)

- Asked Stewart to do a small forum modifications, they are meant to fix some irregularities in the CTD Forum layout, these should be more logical and will make me happier :Hug:
- Updated (or will do in a few minutes) the news in the [url="http://www.projectxenocide.com"]main site[/url].
- Updated the CTD [url="http://www.projectxenocide.com/ctassets/creativetext.html"]Asset List[/url], will stay that way for a long time, until we add more texts someday it will be like that, no more green to show proofreading, as proofreading progress is very damnable variable :P
- [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8322"]Stewart is back[/url] after a nearly one month absence due to RL issues :D , we still wonder where did the other Sith Lord go :WTF:
- Happy birthday, Qonfused, where did you go? :( [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8370&view=getnewpost"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost[/url]
- My camping with my faculty was delayed, due to a huge storm that created a HUGE mess at my country, destroyed a lot along its path with winds of over 200 km/h, there are trees everywhere as the storm wrecked them, lots of streets closed, a mess. Tomorrow I'll find out whether I can go or not to the site.
- Filed some active texts into the Bug tracker and assigned them to the respective writers. Mad: please get an account :P
- Important Announcement: [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6231&hl="]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6231&hl=[/url]
- [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8364&hl="]"No, we won't do it"[/url] <_<
- Posted the XCAPS texts that were stored in the server, they need a lot of tweaking, and dusting...

you reopened this.... like a can of beans with the cap taken off, and then superglued on, then taken back off with bolt cutters

and what did you mean i never did much, i did a ton for the CTD, just i didn't get around to posting in my log much

Guest Azrael
- Seems like I have an intruder at my Log, one more intromision and I will consider deploying defenses :)

- Forum reorganisation's suffering a slight delay, should be packed up tomorrow, hopefully, as I moved a lot of threads to an undisclosed location I hope I won't forget :rolleyes:

- I have made it my new objective to learn 3d Studio! Of course my objectives tend to change rapidly as I see how many options 3ds has :P

- Star Wars Republic Commando blows, I thought it was awesome but it is repetitive and boring :(, also Empire Earth 2, which I was looking forward to it sooo bad, on the other hand, Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich is very nice and entertaining :)

- red knight will from now on be known as "fred the knight" :D

- Got TortoiseSVN and got it running, now I can check the newest art models with 3ds, of course I haven't figured out how to look the textures (the ones done, anyway), so the XCAPS model looks black where it is textured.

- [url="http://www.fallen.se"]The Fallen[/url] will commence testing in October 1st :D

Guest Azrael
- New progress release! it looks very nice, updated news.

- CTD, Art and Sound now have SVN repositories! I guess I'll have to learn how to work with that now :)

Guest Azrael
- Still trying to figure out SVN for CTD, haven't had much time to test it, I guess I'll have to read the manual :D [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8418&view=getnewpost"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost[/url]
Three recruits so far: dipstick, j'ordos and alok, come on and join!

- Trying up Ur-Quan Masters, also known as Star Control 2, a great example of how games do not need uber graphics to be good games, haven't played it much yet, but it really looks like a fun and good game, and it's open source :D