XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mutants?

I'm just trying to spark ideas here. What about mutants? If we're making new aliens we might as well add mutated humans - humans with extra heads or arms or feet, or even eyes and ears, which give them certain advantages and disadvantages compared to regular humans. Mutants could be recruited in the X-Corps and its allies just like hybrids and cyborgs.

A mutant with three arms can fire three pistols at once and more easily carry large weapons but it would be easier for it to be critically wounded.

A mutant with two heads can more easily spot hostile units and would be an excellent scout but it would be very much more easy for a hostile unit to get a critical headshot on it.

A mutant with three legs might be faster than a regular human and might have a greater maximum carry weight.

Hmm, I don't know about mutants but a whole new alien race with 2 heads and 3 legs would be ok. I mean who says 2 headed and 3 legged alien is a "mutant" if it has been like it for 100 000 years? Also adding too much of different creatures adds a lot of work for artists and creative text writers.