In a military situation, there is no room for anything remotely like a council. We are not talking about a situation where you should let a 'Grand Council' potentially override the supreme commander...
Added the Supreme Commander (suggestions for a better title are taken ) and Grand Council (I assume the Commander doesn't make all the decisions without *at least* consulting with someone).
Please make comments regarding THIS list, this has been open long enough, time to complete it
Xenocide High Command
- Supreme (high?) Commander
- Grand Council
The most you'd have is that the commander has a staff, basically say maybe four low ranking gofers, one or two intel people, a logistics officer, two liasons to the air and ground combat respectively(No naval part in Xenocide, else there'd be one too) and his executive officer. generally, I think the ground and air liasons are the commanders of the respective forces under his direct command, so in this case, assuming that the Commander of Xenocide is also the direct Commander of the ground forces, then there only needs to be a liason with the air forces.
Generally, I'm happy with this part, and see no need to change it. Aside from the re-ordering of the divisions mentioned by Asty earlier.
Research Division ("pencilnecks")
- Section 1: Xenobiology and Xenobehavioral Studies, aka "Xeno" (Alien studies and autopsies)
- Section 2: Interrogation and Intelligence, aka "I&I" (Alien missions; often coordinates with Section 1)
- Section 3: Alien Technology, aka "A-Techs" (Alien weapons and equipment research)
- Section 4: Integration and Development, aka "I&D" (design of new Alien-Terran weapons, facilities, and crafts)
Now, given that some of the materials required to manufacture some of the equipments and/or weapons are "irreplacable", I seriously doubt that there is much prefabrication going on. Especially given the fact that aside from a couple of profitable products, X-Corps is not likely to go into major manufacturing for commercial purposes. So, imho, Section 5 is not needed.
Engineering Division ("techies", "techheads", or "wizards"/"wizzes"?)
- Section 5: Prefabrication, aka "Prefab" (mentioned in the Workshop CT)
- Section 6: Armor and Equipment, aka "A&E"
- Section 7: Ammunitions (soldier weapons and XCAPs)
- Section 8: Heavy Construction, aka "H-Cons" (craft and craft weapons)
Personally, I'm not too sure that this should be an entirely separate division... At the most, this would be a mix of the heads of each individual departments and should be a subsection of High Command, under the logistics officer.
Administrative Division ("admin")
- Section 9: Xenocide Internal Investigation Department, aka "XIID" or "the coats"
- Section 10: Human Resources, aka "HR" (recruiting)
- Section 11: Finance, Accounting, and Inventory, aka "FAI" (money and materials)
- Section 12: Maintenance and Upkeep, aka "Maints" (facility, mess hall, computer, and sanitation people)
Also, I'd breakaway the XIID as it should be a entirely separate section that reports directly to the High Commander.
The main issues that I had with this division have been addressed in the rough draft that I posted yesterday. Basically, we have the ground forces, air force, the people incharge of logistics and the medical department. IMHO, soldiers and pilots should fall into their respective sections.
Military Division (high rank: "brass", middle rank: "collars", low rank: "grunts", "flyboys", "airheads"?)
- Section 13: Logistics and Operations, aka "Logistos" (ground ops)
- Section 14: Surveillance and Intercept, aka "SurvInts" or "Servants" (Neudars and flight ops)
- Section 15: Repair, Maintenance, and Resupply, aka "RMR" or "Reamers" (craft and weapons)
- Section 16: Medical, aka "Docs" (coordinates with Sections 1 & 2)
Soldiers (grunts) and Pilots (flyboys/airheads) are not a part of a specialized section.