XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mapping Problem

Junkhead

I tried making a map, and I followed every instruction in the mapping manual to the letter, and the map will not show up in the mission planner. I've checked all my stuff 3 times, and I can't figure out what's going on! Can you guys help me?

Attached is the .lua file and the map files. Please, tell me what's wrong, I really want to make a map and contribute to this great game :)

EDIT: Apparently the zip file attached was corrupt, so I compressed the file as a 7zip under an SFX archive (self-extracting, so you don't need any additional software to extract the file)

EDIT2: Ok, the problem is resolved now. As Hobbes said:

Got it. First need to rename all of the map files with the format 'whateverXX.map', with XX being 00, 01, 02, etc.

And the 'blanks.*" line on the .lua should be the first terrain listed.

So, for anyone else having this problem, make sure you rename the files accordingly and that the blanks file is listed as first in the LUA.

Also, I've uploaded my first draft of the map here, if you want to play it. A second draft is in the making.

newmaps.exe

Edited by Junkhead

I can't load the maps in MapView - they don't display properly at all! I can't even get them to show up even when double-clicking on them.

The .lua appears to be in perfect condition, however.

Got it. First need to rename all of the map files with the format 'whateverXX.map', with XX being 00, 01, 02, etc.

And the 'blanks.*" line on the .lua should be the first terrain listed.

Thanks for the help, I owe you one most definitely. The map works now. I'm working on a second draft for it now, and I've uploaded the correct working version above, for anyone who wants to test it out.