XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cant Get Xcomutil To Work

petpre61

hi!

I am using the gold edition from tftd on win xp sp2 and everything works fine. recently i wanted to try the xcomutil to get the improved gauss and stuff. so installed the files in my tftd directory and ran xcomusetup. the thing asked me if i want the floader graphic stuff done and no matter my choice (y/n) after I had to hit any key the program stopped. running the whole thing with runxcomw doesnt work either.

I tried xcomutil with xcom eu and it worked fine with the same program. I ran xcomusetup could choose between several options and when I run the game with runxcomw i can see the changes....

Maybe u guys can help me out.

thx Pete

If you run xcusetup for a second time, you don't get the options?

Try creating a file called 'tftd4win.xcf' in the TFTD folder, and in it you type: 'TFTD for Windows'. Maybe that works...

Moved to xcomutil forum

Try creating a file called 'tftd4win.xcf' in the TFTD folder, and in it you type: 'TFTD for Windows'. Maybe that works...

Moved to xcomutil forum

no i dont get the options if i run it a second time.

there are two files in my tftd folder:

xcom4win.xcf

tftd4win.xcf

when i delete xcom4win.xcf i can run xcusetup again and the program stops like I told in my first post.

when i solely delete the tftd4win and leave the xcom4win.xcf then I get this message:

xcomutil setup for xcom/ufo... and it freezes

when I try to run it a second time a window pops up and I tried to read the stuff it says - I could get some read failure in ...\MAPS\XBASE_00.MAP

thanks for moving

Moved to xcomutil forum

no i dont get the options if i run it a second time.

there are two files in my tftd folder:

xcom4win.xcf

tftd4win.xcf

when i delete xcom4win.xcf i can run xcusetup again and the program stops like I told in my first post.

when i solely delete the tftd4win and leave the xcom4win.xcf then I get this message:

xcomutil setup for xcom/ufo... and it freezes

when I try to run it a second time a window pops up and I tried to read the stuff it says - I could get some read failure in ...\MAPS\XBASE_00.MAP

thanks for moving

okay now I got the full message when I run the setup:

XCOMWIN 1.0 version of game detected

Patch Applied: Ship statistics set from XCOMUTIL.CFG

Read failure on UFOEXE\..\MAPS\XBASE_00.MAP

Error executing XCOMUTIL, XCUSETUP aborted

I hope this helps to solve my problem...

This can probably be solved very simply, once I understand the actual problem. Please send me your phone number via chat or in a personal message and I will call you to help resolve this. I use Lingo for my home telephone service, so I can call anywhere in the US, Canada, or western Europe for free.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ran into that problem too ; I deleted the part about the new laser weapons in the .bat, and it worked. Later on, I found out that desactivating the Num Lock key made everything work fine, and that I didn't need to delete this part anymore... Very strange !

Hope this helps...