XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Music From C.E. Is Different From The Dosvers

Guest mike[F]

I think it's because the newer version plays it through your Windows MIDI setup. I don't really think there's a way to get round it. One of the tracks sounds absolutely horrible though, to fix that I copied one of the other ones over it, and it seemd to work fine.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried that too but it didn;t work. I am using ther gold edition, and the sound effects (like aliens sounding the same when they die), and the music are terrrible!

I got the sound folder from the other version and copied it into the directory of t he new version (the files had the extension .cat instead of .mid), but no luck.

does anyone have any suggestions?

:huh?:

Hmm. this is an old topic as well....anyway, I just noticed that it didn't copy over any files (I didn't check, duh. :hammer: )

When I delete the .mid files from the new version and play the game, I only have sound effects and no music, I may have to stick to the bad sound :boohoo:

It could be that the midi mapper is misconfigured or muted. Check its settings in the control panel: sound menu and in your volume control. Fiddle with all the device volumes....