XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XCOM LP: The Diary of Barbera Crossert.

Well, after reading through a few well constructed lp's of both Enemy: Unknown and Terror From the deep, I decided to throw my own hat into the mix.

Here's the rundown...

The story will be followed through the eyes of two characters: Christipher Williams and Barbara Crossert. While I will add names from those who post here, the story will mostly involve these two. I'm not saying I'm isolating them, just that I already have a spine of the story in place prior to missions.

In order to make this lp unique from others (besides the story) I will impose some rules on myself that all but gurantee deaths and or headaches (and thus amusement for you, the reader):

-One, needless to say, Superhuman difficulty. Please note, I've only have beaten Beginner and went deep into Veteren, so new territory here.

-Two, For the most part I will not save/reload to prevent deaths and mission losses. Even b.s. deaths (the funniest kind) will be allowed. The obvious exception is the protagonist (like any science fiction/war movie). While I will try to protect the protagonist, if it's obvious that she won't succeed, she will promptly gather survivors and jet off rather then me using save/reload immortality and soloing, thus losing the mission.

-Three, I am a firm believer of explosion spammage, thus (unless one of your characters wishes it) I will not use explosive heavy weapons outside of the tank, blaster launcher, and Auto Cannon. I do this to make it harder on myself and actually have to fight 'around' obstacle rather then blowing them up with a rocket.

EDIT: I admit, the infamous 'genocidal rocket reaction shot that wipes out half the squad' is one of the funniest deaths there is, I must stand resolute here. I'm aiming for a suspenseful run that puts soldiers in the most dangerous spot possible.

-Four. Normally, cruel commanders don't allow armor till a rookie becomes a squaddie. I won't allow armor till a rookie becomes a sergeant. Moving On.

-Five I will NOT research Laser first. I may even hold off till after february (by then Armor and other tech will be researched). This will change up the usual 'rush to laser path' that these lp's usually end up doing.

-Six. I am usually not kind to low bravery, low psi soldiers. The tend to take... 'riskier'... positions.

-Seven. I'm using Xcom Util, thus the Skyranger will always be re-arranged so that high reactions and low rank goes first. That being said, rank (and psi) will not save you from 'field work'. If the mission is long enough, everyone is getting their hands dirty.

-Eight. While I know how to play with tactics (I do read the wiki), this lp will be similar to the slap dash tactics used by Kikoskia. (If you don't know of his X-co lp's, go to youtube and search his name. They are quit funny. And often quite bloody). I do this to avoid missions from stretching out AND to increase soldier turnover rate.

Joining:

To do so is simple what I require is

1. Codename of your character

The Battlescape name your character goes by.

2. Which stat you prefer to be high

As new recruits roll in, I'll will assign forum posters tgo them based on the requested stat based on first come, first served basis. If, for example, you request your character to have a 60+ Accuracy, then the first soldier who has 60+ accuracy will be assigned to you, regardless of his other stats.

3. Personality of your character.

If you prefer for me to play your character a certain way, here's where you tell me. Do they waste TU's charging out into the void? Do they shoot any Alien on sight? Do they run for the nearest cover? The more descriptive you are, the better I can portray your character during updates.

That's it for now. Any Ideas and/or questions? (This will start after I get my first seven signups)

Ah, heck.

If I inspire something, I got a duty to show up and die, don't I?

Gimmee a guy with good twitch reflexes. Reactions seem to be the hardest to build.

For names, I'm going a bit cliche. Can't hurt to have some of the classic nicknames ready.

Frank "Doc" Jones. Not exactly the sort to like being shot at. But, well, got a job. And if that means ducking plasma fire to scout out an alien spaceship?

Then someone else can do it.

just a heads up. I'm still doing this, but I'm moving it to the following forum:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=523249

Don't worry, Chia. You're on the list for the initial seven. The forum is free. The reason for the move is due to some of my friends telling me that it'll be slightly easier to post screenshots in hte posts there.

One comprimise: use the rocket launchers, but stick mainly to small rockets. Of course, the heavy cannon is better in that case, but the rocket launcher is still good for precision.

I'll throw myself in to help bulk the squad out.

Name - Norton Krumpet Fingersham

Field Name - Brick

Preferred stat: Strength

Personality - A good handyman who likes landscaping and grenades. In some cases, both at the same time! Artillery support for the front-liners basically. A nearly religious groundpounder - can't handle flying. Heights are no problem, but the wobbly levitation caused by the flying suit anti-grav units causes nausea.

- NKF

If the Skyranger was able to fly back home, then I say it was a relatively good start to the campaign. Or worse, what could have happened if we'd ventured into a TFTD LP first thing. ;)

- NKF

Well, like they say. Any mission you walk away from...

Well, for X-Com it's any mission anyone walks away from.

(For what it's worth, my first ever superhuman mission wiped half the squad from 1 sectoid. Of course, it was night. Second try, I managed to get six guys and the tank back from a large scout. Life is weird.)

Yeah, it was VERY brutal for me. >>;

And my fault, Chia. You did say he was a coward. I accidentally got his personality mixed up with another character. My goof up.

If you want, you can create another character that I can put onto the firing line.

• 1 month later...

Name - Amelia Weezia

Field Name - Mia

Must be a female character XD

Preferred stat: Throwing Accuracy (and 30+ strength, if that's allowed)

Personality - Daredevil who won't sit quietly. Prefers the explosive sound of grenades instead of the bangs of guns. Will always enter a battle with 3 or more grenades attached, that kill (no smokeys). Will only use pistols, calling them easier to use (any type of pistol).

• 4 months later...