XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Call For Moderators

stewart

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin1 is Micah. Admin2 is me, Global2 is me, Moderator2 is me, forum2 is me, banned2 is me, validating2 is me, ingaol2 is me, nearly all2 are me.

Dan2 is not me.

and BTW to answer your question, no.

Admin1 is Micah.  Admin2 is me, Global2 is me, Moderator2 is me, forum2 is me, banned2 is me, validating2 is me, ingaol2 is me, nearly all2 are me.

Dan2 is not me.

and BTW to answer your question, no.

I'm sorry I'm interrupting, but why would you need so many 2, isn't Stewart enough? I don't really know how all these multiple accounts/passwords can be useful. To me it would be at least confusing :huh?:

We're pretty close to 5000 members, I hope we won't miss this event! :beer:

Edited by dan2

All the (whatever) 2 accounts are for testing purposes, eg access restrictions - it wouldn't do to let all the applicants loose on some *TOP SECRET* forums, now would it?? :naughty:

Ooops, did I let something drop..... :rolleyes:

All the (whatever) 2 accounts are for testing purposes, eg access restrictions - it wouldn't do to let all the applicants loose on some *TOP SECRET* forums, now would it?? :naughty:

Ooops, did I let something drop.....  :rolleyes:

By the way, why are all X-Com2 forums (with the exception of technical support) *TOP SECRET*? They're considered restricted forums to unregistered people. Maybe if they read what's in there, they might ask more about the game.

I guess.

Once an account is created, is it possible for Stewart to change its access restrictions to his will? Then only an extra 2 account would be enough, if the change is simpler than entering new id/password for so many accounts. But since I don't know for sure what I'm talking about (I'm just making theories) I better shut up :)

The Star Chamber is the forum of Global Mods... ancient secrets which neither you nor me should ever ever see...

The Morgue is where threads go when they are deleted, only Micah and Stew can go there.

The Star Chamber is the forum of Global Mods... ancient secrets which neither you nor me should ever ever see...

The Morgue is where threads go when they are deleted, only Micah and Stew can go there.

So, the threads to be deleted go from "Alien Containment" to "The Morgue" and then they're deleted. Interesting and also safe.

Now I understand why would Blehm or you are willing to get those high prized passwords, to see with your own eyes those ancient treasures. :Whisper:

I bet there are just a few old dusty threads inthere. :pink:

I wanted to reply to your log, but I got access denied. At least I can read it. Sigh :sorry:

no, deleted threads usually go to AC, but if moved to morgue or in special forums they are deleted to Morgue

no, i just want to mod everything

and to add calendar updates :)

i know azrael

hmm, after i can get full access and time back, i'll catch up to you Azrael, remember, i've probably made over 1200 posts, but stewart and micah turned off the post counter for those 2 months

No, it was turned off earlier on because people were spamming the forums with 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10! I've just raised my count by 10!

posts, which they responded to by turning off teh counters

No, it was turned off earlier on because people were spamming the forums with 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!  I've just raised my count by 10!

How about instead of being ranked by the number of posts you make to be ranked by how many replies you get or your post to be ranked by others or by how much you explain in your posts (like in kilos of relevant text). For sure NFK would get one of the highest. If the text is just gibberish, then the moderators will chop it out and you can even go back down with your rank. Of course, quotes should be omitted. Would it be too hard to implement?

Edited by dan2

To force them to register :devillaugh:

Well duh, and it's worked too. We became the largest XcomFan site on the net less than one year after Micah setup these forums; this is one of the reasons why.

To force them to register :devillaugh:

So, if I'm curious to find out what's in "The Star Chamber" or in "The Morgue" what am I supposed to do, become a star? And if your answer is yes, how?

How to become Globals? J'ordos and RustedSoul are good people to ask.

It is now strictly The trash-can forum. I used to communicate to Micah through it but now I do not. Instead I use the admin testing forum.

So, the threads to be deleted go from "Alien Containment" to "The Morgue" and then they're deleted. Interesting and also safe.

Now I understand why would Blehm or you are willing to get those high prized passwords, to see with your own eyes those ancient treasures. :Whisper:

I wanted to reply to your log, but I got access denied. At least I can read it. Sigh :sorry:

Let me check.

no, deleted threads usually go to AC, but if moved to morgue or in special forums they are deleted to Morgue

Calendar? Let me check.

Deleted threads go to the Morgue blehm.

. . . and deleted posts. Micah and I see ALL. :NyaNyaNya:

No, it was turned off earlier on because people were spamming the forums with 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!  I've just raised my count by 10!

Imagine that. :OhBrother:

You have to be a full member of project Xenocide to have reply access to that forum Dan

You should be able to, what happens when you try?

access denied?, weird.

The explanation came quickly from Stewart:

"You have to be a full member of project Xenocide to have reply access to that forum Dan".

Well, at least I can read your journal, so that's almost fine.

When I'll reach 1000 posts I'll ask j'ordos of how to become a star, but this will take a while. Maybe you should.

I forgot: What happens with my previous coments about an improved scoring system, any of those may work?

Edited by dan2

Dan locate the recruitment center and post.

J'ordos and RustedSoul are good examples of folks who quickly earned GM status. Of course I set the record for that but in my case I was tricky :Coffee:

I would go to the recruitment center, but I don't have much to offer. I know only BASIC and PASCAL, but I doubt they're still used anymore for today's programs. I know even a bit of Assembler, but I found it's quite tedious to use it for complex programming. I know a lot of chemistry, but that's not really relevant for Xenocide, is it?

I know the magnesium fueled torpedoes in TFTD are bogus, because even if magnesium is able to burn in water steam, liquid water would quench it far to fast to allow burning. Alcaline metals are far better in providing gases for propulsion, but for sure no burning under water. Maybe chemical burns.

I'm pretty bad with music, my writing is as you can read it in my posts, so my usefulness is rather limited, isn't it?

I would go to the recruitment center, but I don't have much to offer. I know only BASIC and PASCAL, but I doubt they're still used anymore for today's programs. I know even a bit of Assembler, but I found it's quite tedious to use it for complex programming. I know a lot of chemistry, but that's not really relevant for Xenocide, is it?

I know the magnesium fueled torpedoes in TFTD are bogus, because even if magnesium is able to burn in water steam, liquid water would quench it far to fast to allow burning. Alcaline metals are far better in providing gases for propulsion, but for sure no burning under water. Maybe chemical burns.

I'm pretty bad with music, my writing is as you can read it in my posts, so my usefulness is rather limited, isn't it?

Not necessarily, you can comment on the work of others and help improve the texts/music/graphics.

Rincewind was the fasted senior member, he was made senior extremely fast

yeah, RS became a global in less than 3 months... it took me 9 to reach full member, although dippy did refer me in june

Yes, it does, judging by how much stuff i really did for teh project those few months, it does

also, stewart, check dippy's inbox, i clearly stated that i asked him instead of RS because RS has been pretty inactive for a while now

blehm, why the heck do you want to mod the Workshops?, you barely spend time there so you don't fully know what's happening, or what's to do. If you want to have something to do, just go there and work, you have active texts, or just comment on others, what we need is more hands, no more mods.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it does, judging by how much stuff i really did for teh project those few months, it does

also, stewart, check dippy's inbox, i clearly stated that i asked him instead of RS because RS has been pretty inactive for a while now

First, Xenocide issues are handled in the appropriate manner. If you had issues you would have asked me first. Second, I think I dont have to tell you how much either Rincewind/Guyver6 did ( they both deserved to be a senior in the programming department but there was a single opening ). Third, it doesnt matter how many mini-projects you do, it matters the quality, the complexity (you have to score multiple hits if the complexity is low), how you work as a team and more importantly that they are completed properly. So that is the way I use to approve or not the recommendations given by senior members (that sometimes are even backed up by full members). If it took 7 month for you and only 3 months to other is maybe because he has fulfill that contract in half the time that you did, dont you think?

Greetings

Red Knight

blehm, why the heck do you want to mod the Workshops?, you barely spend time there so you don't fully know what's happening, or what's to do. If you want to have something to do, just go there and work, you have active texts, or just comment on others, what we need is more hands, no more mods.

I couldnt have said it better, Xenocide do not need more mods, it needs more work done, there are multiple uncompleted tasks to do in the bugs.projectxenocide.com database.

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

• 2 months later...
The language forums need moderators. In addition to the regular mod duties we'd like you to try to promote activity in your forum; (obviously you need to be able to read the language, using bablefish doesnt count) any takers?

I assume globals take all forums kafros :P We can mod all :D

That said, I do not mind being lead on the french forums - I can manage french reasonably well (just don't ask j'ordos' opinion on the matter LOL I think that the education system here is rather lax on standards....)