XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hidden Weapons?

I like the holy hand grenade and the golden toilet on mars..

Oh, i have it, at Cydonia, there should be a hidden zoo with humans on displays and small golden toilets for them to use

And there has to be a hidden mission where you can use like gerbils for blaster ammo

• 2 weeks later...

What if you saw a Warthog parked in a garage on Cydonia?

Or an Energy Sword on an ancient display rack?

Or a taxidermied Alien from the movie Aliens?

Or the MIB Stinger pistol? :D

Just some interesting ideas.

Ok, one more.

Old Mars Rovers sent up from Earth.

What if you saw a Warthog parked in a garage on Cydonia?

Or an Energy Sword on an ancient display rack?

Or a taxidermied Alien from the movie Aliens?

Or the MIB Stinger pistol? :D

Just some interesting ideas.

Ok, one more.

Old Mars Rovers sent up from Earth.

Those idea will result in only one thing: copyright infrigmentation :NoNo:

The mars rover idea, however, is brilliant. Take designs from them up there today or will be there in a few years. Exelent gimmick.

Or just the pitchfork :)

Also, concerning the debate over cheats: Whether we make them or not, someone's going to create a program like XcomUtil or XcomShel that does it.

Also, concerning the debate over cheats:  Whether we make them or not, someone's going to create a program like XcomUtil or XcomShel that does it.

Nobody will need to. The only thing somebody needs to do, is to fetch the sources from SVN, create his own development environment, modify the sources direcly and compile his own version :)

- Garo

Cheats should be added. I usually don't use cheats in a game, but there are many examples of games where bugs occur that can only be fixed by, A: cheating, or B: starting the whole game over and praying it won't happen again (examples are the missing people in Morrowind or the missing Paul Denton in Deus Ex if you destroy the chair he's sitting on earlier, and broken doors that won't open in Red Faction.). It's also needed sometimes to remedy momentary stupidity (accidentally dying for some ridiculously stupid reason and not recently saving) or to balance out the effects of low framerates. Cheats can also quite often help programmers test various parts of the game, and furthermore, some more interesting cheats can be fun to play with (for example, zero gravity ragdoll corpses in Hitman 2). It is ridiculous to not include cheats, because it alienates the people who want to play with cheats. Additionally, some people like to play through a game a second time with using cheats whereas the first time was cheat-free (me). Also, some people just suck at certain games, they need something to help them. It isn't like this is a multiplayer game, other people using cheats will not affect your gameplay.

An example of how bad things could get by not having cheats, is the half-life mod invasion (or something along those lines), where they hardcoded out cheats. Nice. Now, this was no problem, if it was just that the game wasn't:

-so frickin' hard,

-so frickin' filled with unlogical puzzles,

-so frickin' buggy.

It was one of the games with the best content, but one of the worst ever in my oppinion.

• 1 year later...

i was thinking with the easter egg weapons, toys, ect. you will have to find them becauxe in x-com 1 didnt you get all objects on battle feild at end?

Edit: bum i didnt notice Jun 22 2005 last post

Edited by kashyyk

It doesn't hurt to put these things in. I never use cheats, but I have found that I hate starting the game over. I've had to do it in a recent xcom game becuase for some reason I would recover live aliens but they would never get to the base. I only needed 1 more to get cydonia or bust... and i had to restart.