XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Just Chiming In, New To Forum.

Richmore

Oh man does this project look sweet!!!

I found the site only today, I was blown away with how good the project looks, absolutely awesome.

I had been seriously starting to think about writing a game, I'm a software engineer so I'm not scared of coding but I've never touched on games code before. I thought I would give it a bash, as you do, ;) and figured I would work my way up to re-creating the greatest game ever - XCOM B) . Thats why a found this site.

This project looks exactly how I have wanted to see UFO re-done for years, so I figured I'd pay my respects to all you developers, well done people.

I'll be keepin my 'mince pies' on the site from now on.

Keep it up, the original was the greatest so with today's tech this is going to be just godamn brilliant.

Richmore.

Same here. Been thinking may be someone have a recreation of original x-com and found this site. Though I am not as enthusiastic of recreating it since I am not a programmer :P

Anyway, I am not sure where to post this, so I am just going to add it here.

I tried the progress download and found a few things that I would like to suggest.

1. In the X-Net Databse, Clicking on a subject button drop down more sub topics. But when the screen got filled, I have to scroll down to catch another subject button. So I think it would be good if the second click on the subject button would close the sub topics.

2. In the Statistics window, the dropdown menu are too transparent and I could hardly read the text.

3. Similar to statistics, when a message window open, eg "The bank said...", the bg transparency, imho, was not dark enough and I have a hard time reading the message. (Same with current R&D window)

BUG?

(This may be simply because my computer one step lower than requirement) When I click on "Abandon Game" button, sometimes my computer crashes before the confirmation window came out.

Wow. It's a relief that I actually voice these out :P Anyway, good luck :)

Edited by gu35s

Same here. Been thinking may be someone have a recreation of original x-com and found this site. Though I am not as enthusiastic of recreating it since I am not a programmer :P

[...]

Hi gu35s and thank you for your kind words! Actually, thank you both for your accolade - sorry Richmore that I missed your post in the first place!

We are always very glad to hear that the comunity approves and enjoys what we are trying to accomplish here. I think both of you could be a valuable addition to our team, so maybe think about joining!?! :Deal:

As for your hints gu35s, the progress release on the website is fairly old, so the first problem has already been fixed. As for the window opacity, that's a good idea, I will relay it to PRG.

Thanks for your kind wishes, and maybe we will meet some day in the workshops! :)

Best regards

Mad

Edited by Mad

As for your hints gu35s, the progress release on the website is fairly old, so the first problem has already been fixed. As for the window opacity, that's a good idea, I will relay it to PRG.

Oh. sorry bout that.

Oh, after I looked around the development images. I'd say the opacity of most windows are too low. Like in the equip window image: the weapon, slot, and battledress have such similar color that I almost missed the weapon entirely. Other than that, we'll see what happened in the next progress release :)

Um, sure I don't mind joining, but I am not sure how much I could help. I've been busy trying to get my website finished and better. Maybe you can take a look :) www.dck-design.com

Thanks,

Gu35s

Edited by gu35s

Oh. sorry bout that.

No need to be sorry, it's the latest PR. We just refrained from pulishing newer ones, because people always expect a playable demo, and until we can't provide sth. like this, we agreed to keep the current PR. :)

Oh, after I looked around the development images. I'd say the opacity of most windows are too low. Like in the equip window image: the weapon, slot, and battledress have such similar color that I almost missed the weapon entirely. Other than that, we'll see what happened in the next progress release :)

A lot of things are going to be different. :)

Um, sure I don't mind joining, but I am not sure how much I could help. I've been busy trying to get my website finished and better. Maybe you can take a look :) www.dck-design.com

looks very nice! You could join the CTD as web developer, since you seem to have some skills in that area. And since you have Maya and Photoshop skills, you might as well be a good addition to the artwork team.

So don't be shy, just write an application - as described here and give it a shot! :)

Best regards

Mad

Edited by Mad

Well. I am sure that I am not good enough to join anything, but I'll do my best. About Maya, I don't have the program :P I do own photoshop tho. Anyway. it's 5 am and I m still awake. Not good. I'll take a look at the application later when I wake up :) Thanks Mad