XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Results Of Build From 5-12-2003 Code Rk Released

cyberdrift

Hi all,

I am including a document here. I tried to put everything in a plain ASCII txt files, so, hopefully, there is not too much trouble reading them. It is the results of trying to build the various projects. Haven't had any time to try and interpret what it all means yet, but I know people are getting anxious and I wanted to provide an update.

Build.txt

The abreviated version:

7 DevCPP projects were found.

..\examples\compiler\devcpp\configfile\configfile.dev builds without a problem and puts outputs in the right place.

..\examples\compiler\devcpp\fonttest\fonttest.dev

You have to build xenoengine.a first, but it builds without a problem and puts outputs in the right place.

..\utility\compiler\devcpp\mathlib\mathlib.dev

It had hard coded paths that had to be modified, but once modified, it builds without a problem and puts its outputs in the right place.

..\utility\compiler\devcpp\misc\Miscelaneous Release.dev

It had hard coded paths that had to be modified, but once modified, it builds without a problem and puts its outputs in the right place.

..\utility\compiler\devcpp\networklayer\networklayer.dev

Builds without any problems and puts its outputs in the right place (although it didn't follow the convention of pre-pending "lib" to the output filename.)

..\utility\compiler\devcpp\qa\QA Release.dev

Builds without any problems and puts its outputs in the right place.

..\xenoengine\compiler\devcpp\Xenoengine Static Release.dev

Builds with warnings. Final entry in log is not "Build completed successfully" (probably due to the warnings), but the output is created in the right place.

The result of the builds are executables for the 2 projects in ..\examples and static library files for the others. All are stored in the ..\bin directory of the appropriate area in the project. The executables initiate and immediately exit if I try to run them.

The obvious first question is: Is this the expected output for all the builds? Do we want to make networklayer.a conform to libnetworklayer.a? Are we ok with the warnings being generated in Xenoengine?

The second is: What is needed next? I know that, at a minimum, Debug versions of the project files need to be created. RK has mentioned wanting a better solution for including the 3rd party libraries.

Edited by cyberdrift

Guest blaa

I saw 'built with errors' near the top (which strikes me as an impossiblility but anyway . . ) did "make clean" fix them. I see no error listings only warnings listed.

BTW, there's a job for our junior programmers; clean-up the warnings.

There were warnings only on xenoengine. The errors were in me typing something in Wordpad late at night. :blink:

By default I do a rebuild all, so I don't usually do a "clean" first.

Edited by cyberdrift

The warnings are mostly because of cohersive type convertions (maybe GCC added some more that i wasnt aware of)... Both examples are supposed to work in this way:

The MISC one if i remember ok it is supposed to close with an assertion, take a look at the main it should read after creation of the configfile object

advAssert (false, "I should read this");

And the other one is supposed to create a fullscreen window and draw some text in the screen... (strange it works flawlessly in borland)...

Greetings

Red Knight

As I mentioned in other thread, I am taking an assignment to make FontTest working on Windows. That is as soon as code will appear in CVS.

EDIT: I will start now anyway, but you won't see results until CVS will be fixed.