15 replies to this topic

#1 c4t

c4t

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:24 PM

Im sure this has been brought up before. but incase it hasnt, it would be cool if there were girl civillians, children and such. also it would be a cool feature if you could somehow give a civillian a gun. here ofcourse there would be some rules. one civillians are easy to minipulate, so a sectoid or eth. could easily manipulate it and turn it against xcom. i dont see eths much on terror, but sectoids usually come. also, their aim and bravery would be very bad. and they wouldnt be under your command. or would they? , nah. i think its that they do what they usually do except they have a gun in their hands. and they go berserk a lot. but then this would bring up can they reload. and can the children have them? oh, and also, i was just on a terror mission last night (just go this game back, again) and i was being a little pussy and i had 3 of my soldiers hide in a second level bedroom, and there was a civillian there. one, they dont seem to acknowledge your presence, like they still run around and stuff, i think they should settle down once your there. i love hiding snipers in rooms and then shooting on unsespecting sectoids. week little things. oh, and sorry i am like taking up a whole bunch of space and writting every idea that comes into my head. i should wait and put it all in one post, but they keep coming in and im afraid ill forget and im to lazy to write down.

:girl: + :boy: + :beer: = :happybday:

:laser: mmmmm. laser massage
Rawr.

"Please, think of the kittens."

#2 revenant4

revenant4

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:39 PM

I'd be too worried they would shoot ME when I turn a corner because they freak out...and shoot b4 they think... :D

#3 Cubik

Cubik

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:43 PM

The civilians and that they should have guns have and are being discussed. Good point with aim and bravery.

#4 Fred the Goat

Fred the Goat

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:02 PM

Well, there were male & female civilians in the originals. I remember being amazed at how many girls wear bikinis at midnight, no matter how close to the beach their condo is.

Kids with guns? Sounds like Palestine. Good thing the peace talks are starting up again. I have to say, though, it just doesn't sound realistic. "Hi, we're from X-Com, the extraterrestrial combat force. Here, have a plasma cannon. Shoot anything with big eyes. Yeah, that's the trigger. No, the...the little one with the light...yeah, that was it...maybe you'd be better suited for a tazer."

#5 c4t

c4t

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:28 PM

/me laughs. yeah, kinda stole the idea from tactical ops ( i believe its a mod for,, uhhh. unreal tournoment?) anyway, when rescueing the hostages you could throw down your secondary fire arm and they would pick it up. nice description on the gun thing, i could really envision what was happening
Rawr.

"Please, think of the kittens."

#6 DG_Slider

DG_Slider

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:06 PM

I would just like to see a way to get a civilian and control them. Like after standing adjacent you can move them. They would take away the rediculous AI they had in the origial and simulate you telling them where to ge for safety.

:hammer:

Edited by DG_Slider, 02 September 2004 - 11:15 PM.

#7 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:10 AM

Or just plainly talk to them...
"Get out of the way, idot!! I'm trying to protect you!!"

Oh, and here comes the language barrier... Anfd the look a power-armor can give our guys... :D
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"

#8 Guest_alex the greater_*

Guest_alex the greater_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:17 AM

yah how bout evry solder has 1 or 2 languidegs his native languige and english (unless his native languideg is english in which case he just speaks english) and each cyvalyin can speak one languide and if you speak the same languige as a cyvalyn you can give him/her orders (but he might no lissin to you) but if you dount have a langudg in commin and all your troops are wharing fly suits thing might get ugly

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:35 PM

C'mon, the civies won't listen to you if you're wearing power armor, they'll be even more scared to death... :huh:
Just make them panick anf run away screaming if they see an alien or XCOM soldier wearing power armor, and that'll be fine... :D

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

#10 Guest_alex the greater_*

Guest_alex the greater_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:02 PM

actuly the power armor consept for xeno has a transparint faceplate

#11 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:51 AM

actuly the power armor consept for xeno has a transparint faceplate

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that would help, I suppose... Kinda like the Tftd Ion armor??

#12 Guest_alex the greater_*

Guest_alex the greater_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:12 PM

just look at the screenshots of the solder invintory screen

#13 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:25 AM

where?

[edit]
Oops, nevermind... I fouond them :D

Edited by Paladin, 09 September 2004 - 07:26 AM.

#14 inoxllor

inoxllor

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

XCOM could also temporary recruit Civilians in the area.

#15 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

a year old revive of a year old revived thread? Nice job there guys.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#16 shevegen

shevegen

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

Why not?
Old ideas can be good ideas.
And reviving is better than silence :)