XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Map Editor...

alexrieper

Hey, soz i didnt really know if this wos the right place to put this but anyway...

I've downloaded a couple of map editors for X-com Apocalypse,(TacEdit and XME) but all i wanted them for is to 'place' items into maps.

For example when you raid places theres equipment lying around... i was wondering if there was an editor which lets u place your desired items there.

The reason i want to do this is because i want to put a few of those items which were taken out of the game and it seems the Mind Shield is the only one that i can find from raids, i also didn't want to use an editor to just give me them, rather earning them from raids... so i wudnt have to cheat or have to come out the game wenever i wanted new items.

So is it possible to place items on the floor in map editors? THnx

[quote name='alexrieper' date='Aug 13 2004, 01:16 PM']Hey, soz i didnt really know if this wos the right place to put this but anyway...

I've downloaded a couple of map editors for X-com Apocalypse,(TacEdit and XME) but all i wanted them for is to 'place' items into maps.

For example when you raid places theres equipment lying around... i was wondering if there was an editor which lets u place your desired items there. 

The reason i want to do this is because i want to put a few of those items which were taken out of the game and it seems the Mind Shield is the only one that i can find from raids, i also didn't want to use an editor to just give me them, rather earning them from raids... so i wudnt have to cheat or have to come out the game wenever i wanted  new items.

So is it possible to place items on the floor in map editors? THnx
[right][post="90381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
AFAIK, that is unfortunately not possible. The midnight editor has a feature where you have to pay money (xcom3 money, not real money :) ) to use cheats, you can try that...

Most of them wouldn't have worked the way you want them to in any case. The only objects you might find to be of any use would've been the dimension destabiliser and probably the tracker.

To tell the truth, I wish there was some way to get the dimension destabiliser in the game. I've tried it a few times with the help of XED and am rather impressed with it. It doesn't work as a weapon, but it saps enemy shield energy amazingly well. I had a soldier wear four shields. Two or three shots from this weapon wiped all of them out. It's an interesting alternative to the toxigun, although it forces you to think of different methods of harvesting shields. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you.

- NKF

[quote name='NKF' date='Aug 14 2004, 11:48 AM']Most of them wouldn't have worked the way you want them to in any case. The only objects you might find to be of any use would've been  the dimension destabiliser and probably the tracker.

To tell the truth, I wish there was some way to get the dimension destabiliser in the game. I've tried it a few times with the help of XED and am rather impressed with it. It doesn't work as a weapon, but it saps enemy shield energy amazingly well. I had a soldier wear four shields. Two or three shots from this weapon wiped all of them out. It's an interesting alternative to the toxigun, although it forces you to think of different methods of harvesting shields. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you.

- NKF
[right][post="90462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The tracker gun has a use too? Could you explain?

As far as I can tell, it plants a bug on the target and makes blips appear on the scanner that you use the tracker gun with (and makes the target start smoking). Personally, I find the motion tracker that's already in the game more than adequate for this purpose.

Most of the time the aliens will just rush at you and get slaughtered. No sense in planting a bug on them. ;)

This would've probably have been for scenarios where you need to track someone suspicious back to their hideout, or follow a politician, etc. (for some reason I keep thinking 'Batman' when I think about the tracker gun) Whatever it was the designers had originally been planning for Apocalypse.

- NKF Edited by NKF

[quote name='NKF' date='Aug 14 2004, 12:02 PM']As far as I can tell, it plants a bug on the target and makes blips appear on the scanner that you use the tracker gun with (and makes the target start smoking). Personally, I find the motion tracker that's already in the game more than adequate for this purpose.

Most of the time the aliens will just rush at you and get slaughtered. No sense in planting a bug on them. ;)

This would've probably have been for scenarios where you need to track someone suspicious back to their hideout, or follow a politician, etc. (for some reason I keep thinking 'Batman' when I think about the tracker gun) Whatever it was the designers had originally been planning for Apocalypse.

- NKF
[right][post="90464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yeah, too bad that didn't make it in the game, but that's been discussed over and over again :) . Didn't know the tracker gun actually worked, but like you said, motion scanner works well enough and I would have rather had that shot be a devastator beam or something like that instead :)