XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Horror Story

I just played Xcom all morning, and then a horror story happened... IT CRASHED TO DESKTOP and since I just started playing again, I forgot, I SHOULD HAVE SAVED!

Just wanted to vent =)

-Andy

I just played Xcom all morning, and then a horror story happened... IT CRASHED TO DESKTOP and since I just started playing again, I forgot, I SHOULD HAVE SAVED! 

-Andy

Your story proves one more time that saving is useful.

I don't get it when people say you shouldn't save, it's saving your own time and effort.

So, you need a savegame or you'll start all over?

Nothing wrong with saving. Save all you want and as often as you want. It's the reloading for profit that is generally discouraged.

- NKF

Wait, you can *profit* by playing Xcom?!?!?

You can profit for sure by playing Xcom, even if the profit is not financial in its nature. You can profit even more if you learn how to play it without using some of the features that make the game easier (like save/load, alien technology, mind control). But, of course, in the begining make sure you save from time to time, it's not tricking the game, it's saving yourself from frustration

You profit in knowledge, not currency. ;)

I mean, by sacrificing a soldier just to find the location of the aliens and then resurrecting that soldier by reloading the game, you get an unfair advantage in that you now know where the enemy is so you'll know how to deal with it so that you don't get killed in the process.

That's not to say don't do it. The most important thing above all else is how much fun you're having. If it's no longer fun, especially if you're brand new to this game, there's no much point in going on, is there?

But once you think you're really good at the game, it pays to test yourself and push your boundaries even further just for the sake of proving that you can. Trust me, you'll find it so much more rewarding after you've proved that you can attempt the ridiculous and actually succeed at it.

So, no, nothing wrong at all with saving. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF