XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Improved Explosion

Judeau

that'd be a perfect alien grenade explosion. i like it but i think the current explosion sprite looks better over a full range of weapons (Demo pack and rocket etc)

Hmmm. Not bad. I think it'd make a nice effect for stun weaponry, myself, if you turned it blue. Big kinda EMP-ish shockwave that allows you to tell stun from standard explosion other than just lots of smoke. :)

Yes, we really could use something like what Exo2000 is talking about with a separate animation for stun. :)

it will be possible to define explosion animations with the weapon's LUA soon.

Nachtwolf's patch for weapon effects animations will be committed once SVN repository is up again (unfortunately webserver and SVN repository are not working now and I did not see lxnt.info admin online since that time - maybe he is having Christmas holidays now).

About sounds - that should be quite a simple addition, at least for sound effects in wav format, in order to support ogg, some more coding will be required and probably addition of 'alogg' library. Also to make code completely correct, we will have to implement type checking for resources loading in lua code (currently the only resource is graphics sprite, if we add a new type for sound effect, we will have to add some special checks in order for add-on makers not to mess with that as improper unexpected type of resource will crash the game), some code for identifying object types is already added to lua binding, it uses C++ RTTI, but that needs to be finished and tested.

actually, yes exo. thats be great, ive got tonnes of death sounds for my various creations.

As for size, compact where possible, but impo size isnt that important anymore

more n more ppl have broadband and even a 56k can d/l at an adequet speed now

Edited by Sporb

there could even be a special 'if' statement that causes a funny sound when you inflict a large amount of damage. like the goob sound in wolf3D (kill X amount of nazis and the next one uses a special goobsound (fart)) praps it could be a croud clapping or somthing amusing. You see, i like to add some humour to things to lighten the mood in an intense battle, it makes it less hardcore and re-introduces the fun-ness aspect.

its all relative really, first we need sound support.

Edited by Sporb

there could even be a special 'if' statement that causes a funny sound when you inflict a large amount of damage. like the goob sound in wolf3D (kill X amount of nazis and the next one uses a special goobsound (fart)) praps it could be a croud clapping or somthing amusing. You see, i like to add some humour to things to lighten the mood in an intense battle, it makes it less hardcore and re-introduces the fun-ness aspect.

its all relative really, first we need sound support.

Could you gimme a link to that sound? I've heard about it a few times but haven't actually heard it.

Anyways, yeah, that's a pretty cool explosion.