XCOMUFO & Xenocide

If The Aliens Are Based On Mars

Well in 2004 we recently just got a few probes on mars and more planned to land on mars

The threat on xcom originates from mars I am afraid this is going to require more explaining then a secret base on mars
For example like how the heck can an army be based there undetected and survive :huh?:

The only way I think of is a base underground with a temporal wormhole, which supplies are transported though i.e. food, Elerium ect

any ideas? Edited by hArk

Guess they have some kind of tech that prevents us from seeing them. They're having pyramids there so I bet we would have seen them already if they wouldn't have some tech for hiding stuff.

They have infiltrated NASA and it's european version! :] Thay want us to think that there is nothing interesting on Mars! But suddenly poeple have discovered Canals and Face on Mars. Aliens realized that they can be discovered too so they infiltrated nasa (and other agencies also) and they are trying to convince us that there is nothing on mars. But we know the truth :)

Last I recall, none of our probes are as good as stealth fighters. They're slow, bulky, have bad eyes, and anyone and their grandma could see them in the sky. I could hide from them, and the land rovers, just by putting an orange-red bag on my head. ^_^

Of course, if they did find any pics, it'd be all hush-hush. Nothing like that would ever be released to the public, and the discoverers would be shot. :flame::tongue: We'd then proceed to nuke the hel out of Mars.:)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Robo Dojo 58' date='Feb 10 2004, 09:14 AM']Last I recall, none of our probes are as good as stealth fighters. They're slow, bulky, have bad eyes, and anyone and their grandma could see them in the sky. I could hide from them, and the land rovers, just by putting an orange-red bag on my head. ^_^[/quote]
....or a few milimetre thick cardbox-camuflage mountain?

...or it might be an undergrround base, with the entrence discuised in the ground with the same color.

And how would we detect any level of traffic? You can have almost any amount of objects sized up to a couple of ten meters with seeing nothing at all (unless they use the Beagle II's frequency for chatter :)).

Not all anymore... The face has been re-filmed. Not much to look at though, only some small ridges which formed that facekind picture with certain light. Or the aliens have dismantled their monument. :P

It is true that about half of mars-probes have "malfunctioned" though...

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe have the dimension gate idea back from Apoc?

The "face" on Mars is like the bermuda triangle here on Earth, except that hidden there is a dimension gate that takes you to the city of Cynodia (or the alien planet that Cynodia is located).

The probes couldn't detect this because this gate required activation of some sort, like the understanding/operating of black holes and such, which only the last vessel is capable of.

• 9 months later...
Maybe we can sort of change the whole storyline a bit:

With the recent mar lander mission, the existances of aliens life form have been confirmed, along with the greatest threat humanity have ever faced.

Judging from the traffic of alien spaceship and alien activites, they have been very active on earth, from "alien abuction" to other horrors unknown. Their technologies are light years ahead of our own, and can present menace to the very existance of mankind.

To combat this new threat, the major industry and technologial country of this world have agreed to establish "x-com", a combined international effort to study, assess, and deal with this alien life form, using the best sciencist, engineers, and soldiers our world can offer.

All of this have been hidden from the public to prevent panic. Every "photo" has been alter to remove any sign of alien life form, in an effort to keep the peace and minds of the public, for as long as possible.

It is the hope of many that the aliens are not hostile, and that a peaceful solution can be reached, but other know that a violent solution might be nessecary....

Capturing a commander:

It is clear that the aliens are hostile, and their goals are nothing short of slavery of mankind. With our success our x-com have against the alien, the alien have realized that their existance is no longer a secret, and possibly determinded that humanity are becoming a threat.

All our recent effort to recon the alien mars base have ended fruitless, as the aliens are destroying every probe we have sent to investigate their base. Therefore, in order to create a concrete plan to end the alien threat, we must capture one of their commander, who will no doubt hold secret central to our success.

Cydonia or Bust:
After questioning the captured alien commander, we have found that their base of operational is indeed on mars, and more importantly, the location of their central master brain. The alien, along with any recon photo we have, have reveal a weakness in their defense, from which we can use to infilerate their base and destroy their master brain, ending the alien threat once and for all. However, we would only have one chance, for if the alien know we have the ability to launch a strike against their home, they will no doubt sent everything they have against us. Failure is not an option. Edited by LaserTag

the aliens began attacking us and we are to defend from them. We did not discover them till they started turning aggressive. We can't just rewrite half the CTDs to fit the storyline you just suggested

[quote name='Jonaleth Irenicus' date='Mar 14 2004, 06:31 PM']Maybe have the dimension gate idea back from Apoc?
[right][post="71982"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I would probably keep something like this for a version update/sequel to explain the next chapter (if the arena of play opens up to include accessing a portal back to where they came from). Mostly to explain too the not-so-thorough X-COM exploration of the place after the last mission (I often use the example that even though they picked up and used Psi, it only reveals alien intent if anything...One would still have to learn to read the languages displayed on any monitors there).

Anyway, whether its schematics uncovered or tech (fast engines) that explained their arrival here way in our past, or if they'd come via dimension gate technology, I think these are both logical areas to explore in a future plot.

One could also speculate too that, since the Apoc aliens appeared way different (not to mention in one of the descriptions in the game, it talks of a creature that dined on Sectoids for breakfast or something) than the first game's alien cadre, that these two alien groups were at odds and the classic group managed to capture one of the worlds with a working dimension gate that first sent them here. In other words, the Apoc aliens were probably the designers of the gate tech that the classic bunch stole in the midst of a battle long ago.

The first alien group from X-COM might have had to flee here to give themselves some time to regroup, perhaps destroying their only way back if they didn't have a way to secure their end in our system (not that it would have helped, they did show up again in Apoc after all).

Another theory I'd been kicking about...Perhaps the classic X-COM aliens were the conquerors of Mars long before we evolved, then something happened which forced the aliens and the brain there to hibernate (not unlike the alien ship which would later crash in our oceans for the TFTD stuff). Or something else along these lines, maybe the Martians destroyed themselves in order to destroy the aliens but failed, to kind of explain the barrenness of the planet as well afterward. Either explaination there would work I suppose.

The one thing I don't think I could buy is that the aliens from X-COM would have evolved here. Perhaps one of the species evolved there, but not all of them (if any were to be written in as having evolved there, my chips would be with the Sectoids...resemblances to humans and all).

True, and other planets don't have nearly the satelite coverage of them for surveillance as we have at Earth. Heck, for all we know, they only moved around during the sandstorm season. I hear some get so bad they envelope the entire planet for long periods.