What Patches To Download For Ufo V1?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Avenger_*

Guest_Avenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:01 AM

I dug up my UFO: Enemy Unknown to play again. It's Version 1 (with 3.5" Floppy Disks), and I do recall some bugs when playing way back (namely some y-axis problem and some cursor type problem where selected objects would drag all over the screen in different colors).

What patch will I need to play this bug-free? I've seen patches for XCOM, but will they work for UFO as well? I'm just looking at d/l'ing patches/utilities (no cheats) that will make the game run smoothly and more easily. I've heard of a utility that makes equipping your squad easier before battles as well. What will I need?

Thanks in advance.

#2 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:24 AM

Install UFO 1.2 then Xcom 1.4

I'm attaching 1.2 as it's not on xcomufo's download page.
[attachment=5426:attachment]

If your runing this on a fast XP system you may want to look into DOSBox as a way to make the game work. All versions of UFO Dos will be unstable on XP without it.

You can find dosbox at http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

-Blade FireLight
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.

#3 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, BladeFireLight. I'll add it to the download pages.

Avenger: We also have some handy instructions for getting UFO running with dosbox here:
http://www.xcomufo.c...?showtopic=2989

#4 Guest_Avenger_*

Guest_Avenger_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2004 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for the help! :D

I'll download both patches and start er' up. I don't have XP though, what I do have is Win 98. Are there stability problems with '98 as well?

I can't wait to play this over again (it's been too long), but on Veteran or Superhuman difficulty. What a classic... I even played it through bugs and all the first time around!

Reply to this topic