XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Some Assistance Requested...

Micah

A few updates to xcomufo are long overdue, but I either can't find the stomach (Apoc) or the time (TFTD) to do them, so I'm soliciting assistance for the following pages:

Apocalypse

I have played this game a total of... 15 minutes, if you include the demo (12 of this was spent trying to launch a vehicle WITH soldiers in it) so I don't know where to start of most of these pages.

Game Info Page - images and some commentary.

Strategies Page - this can be a random collection of tips, or a comprehensive step-by-step survival guide.

Saves Page - Just link to the forum?

TFTD

Strategies Page - this can be a random collection of tips, or a comprehensive step-by-step survival guide.

Saves Page - Just link to the forum?

Only the actual content (text, images) are needed. I'll do the layouts similar to the UFO Defense pages.

I'll be updating all the faq pages with some of the recent fixes that have surfaced. Off the top of my head, I know I need to add info about dosbox. Can anyone think of anything else? Does Apoc work with dosbox?

I could help out with the Apocpaedia.

I wanted to know, what picture format do you want? Apoc has over a hundred entries for it's Apocpaedia, so it's going to be huge.

I could get the files in .PCX format, using Apoc's built-in screenshot feature. (Alt-P or Ctrl-P, I forgot which) Then .rar them and send them to you.

There aren't much editors for apoc, those there are can all be found here (well, almost all of them perhaps :) ) : http://www.dwcs.net/xcom3/

For the strategies, there's a 'beginner apocalypsts!' thread that has pretty much what you want I guess... http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2318

for the images I could recommend ACDSee, it has an 'explorer' where you can just mass resize/convert the images.

apoc is runable with DOSbox, but it's not guaranteed to work. Check the compatability page here : http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?letter=X

you could check this thread for DOSbox : http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2989

Edited by j'ordos

I could help out with the Apocpaedia.

I wanted to know, what picture format do you want? Apoc has over a hundred entries for it's Apocpaedia, so it's going to be huge.

I could get the files in .PCX format, using Apoc's built-in screenshot feature. (Alt-P or Ctrl-P, I forgot which) Then .rar them and send them to you.

I got them all, thanks.

Deimos: I'll run the conversions, no problem.

J'ordos: I use a handy program called xnview :)

Facehugger, Crus8r, and Supsuper are doing some really nice work on their online games. Maybe you should link the pics and commentary to their threads.

Strategies are scattered all throughout the forums. Maybe a few volunteers could provide some links to those posts. (Especially NKF's posts. :beer: )

SupSuper's online flash game IS part of xcomufo. It's up in the menu.

I think he means the "forum members in x-com game POSTS"

Supsuper plays enemy unknown with our names in it.

Crus8r plays tftd with our names in it.

Facehugger plays apocalypse with our names in it.

You're in at least one of them so you should know about these :)

Edited by Puasonen

Well, I err haven't been able to get apoc to work the past couple of days. Not that it really matters as the only computer that will run it has no modem at the moment (stupid DSL not working! I'm stuck with a 56k until saturday! :()

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there Micah. I've played Apoc through and through about 4 or five times, and I'd be more than happy to help you out with some content and strategies. email me to let me know where you are exactly and I'll pick up the pace with ya.

-Arky

commanderx.xcomufo.com

I just looked at this thread properly.  I could also help with Apoc, but also start an Interceptor one for total coverage?  PM/Email me if you so desire one :D

Hmm.... I will keep it in mind...

Hey there Micah. I've played Apoc through and through about 4 or five times, and I'd be more than happy to help you out with some content and strategies. email me to let me know where you are exactly and I'll pick up the pace with ya.

-Arky

commanderx.xcomufo.com

You've got mail :P