XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Bug - Stunned Aliens vanish and are not really stunned

In my current game I have the problem that aliens can't be stunned by my stunrod.

They will fall over, but they vanish instead of laying on the floor. The little [1] icon vanishes for a second, then turns back on.

It is not possible to step into the square where the alien was supposed to lie.

The cursor does not flash yellow when hovered over the square where he alien is supposed to lie.

On the alien turn, the alien re-appears and take action as if nothing affected it.

At the start of the game I did not have this problem, but now I do.

Have you seen similar?

I am running the windows version and using the Extender.

In addition I have used Jenna's editor to edit soldier attributes. Just setting rookie stats to highest normal values, nothing crazy.

I think there may be a link between when I used the editor and this issue appearing, but I can't be sure and I can't see how they should be connected.

Have you experienced something like this?

Looking forward to anyone's input.

X

Looks like you've found the solution. It's not so much a bug, but a limitation of the game engine. What's happening is that there are too many objects in the battle. I forget the exact number, but there's a limit of 160 ~ 170 objects.

Normally when the battle starts, everything is fine. But corpses/unconscious bodies are created on demand. In some cases when there are to many objects in the battle, the game will run out of room and will start to make some items disappear. Bodies are usually the first to disappear. Destroying stuff frees up the table for more bodies.

I find this happens the most on base defense missions, and especially if you play on superhuman or the harder Xcomutil experimental difficulty levels where the aliens use up most of their half of the object table.

- NKF

I always experience this bug, when I do milking alien bases missions ^_^

NKF already explained the limits, which causes loot disappearance

my guess is there is a limit of 'square items' that can be displayed/created on map

try to throw a corpse on the same map square which is already occupied by heavy plasma

and you will see that graphics displayed has changed to corpse

for milking I use 1-4 squares of map to store ALL loot on the same square

this allows me to get much more loot

'stun bug' you found is specific ONLY to stun rod

if you use small launchers everything is ok

symptoms include:

- aliens cannot be seen visually ( the graphics is not painted )

- but the flashing number is still there ( your [1] )

- you can 'stun-rod' the alien again and again ( unlimited times )

..everytime 'alien fall' animation is displayed

..but the 'invisible' alien is still there

try small launcher instead ( or explosives as you already did :D )

there exists also bug if you stun mind controlled alien ( by any method )

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Known_Bugs

yarrow

Edited by yarrow

I'm only in early March and do not have stun launchers yet. I need the commander alive, the rest will die.

I'll just have to try and blow him up in different ways until he falls over unconscious.

Thanks for the help!