XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Lrp

Guest drewid

where do you sing up for this game i browsed the whole site i think

and could not find where to register!!!

it looks like a decent game

drewid if you were able to sign up could you tell me how!!

thanks

later

xracer

where do you sing up for this game i browsed the whole site i think

and could not find where to register!!!

it looks like a decent game

drewid if you were able to sign up could you tell me how!!

thanks

later

xracer

maybe its a pen&paper thign?

Guest drewid

LRP is LIve Role Play. So a bunch of people get together at the weekends and go out into the woods somewhere or to some abandoned building and play at x-com "for real". Which sounds like a real hoot.

I guess other people would act as the aliens.

It's a cross between pen n paper and paintballing, which sounds like a hoot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I can't think of myself running after an alien suited idiot in the forrest :D Edited by Nyyperoid

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Last month my local game/hobby store did an XCOM-themed LRP in a paintball range(simulated indoor/outdoor area aobut 2 acres overall in size :) ). We didn't use costumnesa for the alines, other than a dark grey sweatshirt to note the difference. However, we did a series of three way battles - those of us wearing some kind of military-style camo(X-COM soldiers), the guys and girls wearing the dark grey sweatshirts(aliens) and others who were dressed however they showed up to play the role of paniced civilians. Man, what a blast. Th airsoft weaponry most of us were givin was awesome(full-auto, gas powered) while some of us had our own. Heh, four of us had some of the Pulse Rifle airsoft guns that Monsters In Motion sells. Man, it was a hoot to actually take mine off the wall and use it!

Bottom line, if you can find a dedicated group to do this style of LRP, and have a place that can at least simulate some kind of decent-sized indoor area(s) give it a shot! You don't need airsoft - in fact regular paintball guns are just as good.