XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - Alien Base

Blehm 98

okay, i am in dire need of a text to right, but i am a bit rusty, so please forgive any major mistakes:

Alien Base mission

The alien base mission is a newly discovered but long questioned alien mission. We have long speculated that the aliens have bases here on Earth, but now this is confirmed. After scouting out an area, the aliens send a [battleship], which then does a final survey and if the area meets standards, then the [battleship] lands and establishes a base. After landing, the craft immediately deploys digging machinery into a small hole excavated by the central lift system, which is also used to deploy the machinery. The machinery digs out a series of tunnels, at which point several sheets of [alien alloy] are dropped down into the hole and layed up against the walls of the tunnels, which are eventually converted into specialized panels used for a variety of purposes.

After base construction is near completion, the [battleship] will immediatly take off and exit into space. But the base is left with a large hole were the [battleship] once was, and the space in converted into a 2 level Command Center, which houses the bases commander and his second in command officers. It is in this chamber that the Communication machinery exists for contact with other bases, ships, and their "Home Base." Through this machinery the base may call for reinforcements, extra machinery to repair damages from X-corps attacks and other mistakes, and for supplies when needed. If an X-Corps soldier was to destroy this communications array, then the base would be left without supply and replacement troops, and it would slowly die. But all the arrays must be destroyed to be succesful. Once the arrays are destroyed, an X-Corps commander may order his troops to retreat, with full confidence that the base will never bother them again. It is believed that the alien commander may have special "psionic powers" from isolated reports during combat, but this is more likely just paranoia caused by the heavy combat going on inside the alien bases

so, what do you think about it?

okay, i am in dire need of a text to right, but i am a bit rusty, so please forgive any major mistakes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do have several active texts which have been commented and you still haven't rewrote them, so much for dire need.

edit: names have been voted, battleship is final, check the final names thread.ç

edit2: this isn't a mission type, it's an entry about the existance and purpose of alien bases.

Edited by Azrael

okay, got it covered somewhat - first of all:

Heavy plasma is going to be replaced with an old version from June, once i can get online on my back computer, the newer version has too many errors.

two: okay, i wasn't sure, so i put in brackets to be safe. i'll change it next revision

three: what do you mean? Even if that is so, it only will take some minor changes. I'll wait for more posts and then chop it up a little bit :Maniac:

okay, got it covered somewhat - first of all:

Heavy plasma is going to be replaced with an old version from June, once i can get online on my  back computer, the newer version has too many errors.

two: okay, i wasn't sure, so i put in brackets to be safe.  i'll change it next revision

three: what do you mean?  Even if that is so, it only will take some minor changes.  I'll wait for more posts and then chop it up a little bit :Maniac:

How about XC-11 and Harvester?

Anyway, there can't be an "Alien base mission", what could it be about?, bases exist, so the entry is about them. Aliens don't go around "Alien basing" population, as they terrorise population.

The CTD is based on the mission and what it does. if you want me to describe the base better, just tell me, i feel like i'm walking in circles(or i'm confusing the other websites i'm on with this one, i'm a bit preoccupied)

that's what this is. The aliens scout out an area, and this text documents both that and the construction of the base. If we say that we're doing a mission to drop reinforcements, once the planet drops the troops, is the missions over? no, the reinforcements must arrive to where they're needed (sorry, poor analogy)

add more about supply missions, how severe the mission is, and where you should really strike.

And a fluff text :P

edit: and drop the psy comment - only Gray and Cloak Commanders do psy. So better to leave it out. It doesn't fit in either.

Edited by mikker

That's what I was asking, but it would seem this entry is about the construction, purpose and how to destroy it? I still don't think it is a mission, what kind of mission?, base build?, base destroy?

Alien Base entry should be about purpose, construction (if you want to), as Mikker said Supply, species which inhabit it, other missions that are launched from there, how to destroy it (as I think you wrote there), perhaps if the base is capable of detecting and attacking X-corps craft.

okay azrael for the constructive info, i'm working on it

oh yeah, as for supply, isn't that a different mission though? I'll venture into it, but i won't go too far. also, about retaliation, i really wanted that put in, but i don't think it will be implemented(well hopefully it will) but if it isn't, then editing it out will be a little hard with the way i tend to implement stuff into CTDs though. I'll leave out Retaliation for the time being, and if anything happens i'll poof it in

Edited by blehm

Alien Base mission

The alien base mission is a newly discovered but long questioned alien mission. We have long speculated that the aliens have bases here on Earth, but now this is confirmed. As we know, the aliens may have any number of Research vessels flying around earth at any time, but it seems the purpose of these missions is to survey the ground, for reasons previously unknown. But now we do know the purpose. These missions are to look for certain areas on Earth that are strategically positioned, for further development. After an area is found that suits the alien’s needs, they will send in a large number of ships to get the specifications of the land, and, if need be, call in for a larger ship to survey the land. After this process is complete, the aliens will send a battleship to do one final survey, and if the area is favorable, it will land. After landing, the craft immediately deploys digging machinery into a small hole excavated by the central lift system, which is also used to deploy the machinery. The machinery digs out a series of tunnels, at which point several sheets of [alien alloy] are dropped down into the hole and layed up against the walls of the tunnels, which are eventually converted into specialized panels used for a variety of purposes. This process is relatively fast, and construction of a new base could take anywhere from 4-10 days, depending on conditions. Due to the fact that the battleship is completely defenseless except for several small teams of soldiers during this process, and the fact that the alien bases seem to be very similar to our bases, with defense systems, some sort of radar tracking, and launch of its own craft, it is imperative that you immediately attack the battleship before it has time to finish base construction and take off, at which point the base will be fully operational and the battlehip’s defenses fully functioning.

After construction of the base is complete, the battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, at which point it will interface with the Alien communication systems and connect the newly established base to the Alien command system. At this point the base is fully operational. At this point, it is imperative that an X-Corps commander attack and destroy this base immdediately, as the new base poses an extreme threat to the X-Corps organization, and it gives the aliens a way to try and try to take over a country by tricking its leadership into signing a pact.

After the base is completed, as large Supply Craft will land at the base and deploy a large amount of supplies including weapons and food. At this point, the Base should be self-sufficient, and from then on, the Supply Ships will only come once every month, just to drop off some extra crew, maybe some replacement equipment, and weapons and ammo. If you intercept these craft during a supply mission, you could seriously weaken the base firepower wise, but the base can produce its own equipment meaning that it will maintain a powerful defense, but the base will slow down to accommodate the power needs of constructing its own weapons. Since the supply ships are carrying many supplies, capturing one could net you a huge amount of extra equipment to sell.

After base construction, there is a large hole where the battleship landed, and here the aliens make their command center, which houses the bases commander and his second in command officers. It is in this chamber that the Communication machinery exists for contact with other bases, ships, and their "Home Base." This communications array is capable of calling for reinforcements, but only one array is needed to maintain the base in an emergency, which means that the base is highly independent. If an X-Corps soldier was to destroy this communications array, then the base would be left without supply and replacement troops, and it would slowly die. But all the arrays must be destroyed to be succesful. Once the arrays are destroyed, an X-Corps commander may order his troops to retreat, with full confidence that the base will never bother them again. Another, simpler way, would be to hunt down all the aliens, and kill them all. If all the aliens are killed, then the base will be inactive, but the communications array will call for help to fix the base. For this reason, as an X-Corps task force is retreating, a large Detonation pack will be placed in the command center, which, when activated, will severely damage most of the base and destroy all of its Communication Arrays.

If there isn’t already a fluff, then I’ll include one next update

okay, don't comment on spelling mistakes, i typed fast and didn't even run a spellchecker, so just a friendly heads up

okay azrael for the constructive info, i'm working on it

oh yeah, as for supply, isn't that a different mission though?  I'll venture into it, but i won't go too far.  also, about retaliation, i really wanted that put in, but i don't think it will be implemented(well hopefully it will) but if it isn't, then editing it out will be a little hard with the way i tend to implement stuff into CTDs though. I'll leave out Retaliation for the time being, and if anything happens i'll poof it in

It is going to be implemented, just as in X-Com 1, what would be the purpose of the defense facilities if it wasn't?

Hmmmm, you could say, but just mention, that Alien supply missions help keep the base working, and that maybe retaliation missions are launched from there, I suggest you take a look at those entries.

LOL, i don't know the last time i saw teh supply ship CTD, but i have it on my back computer and somewhere in my PM box(over 70 now) from when i sent it to breuner back in june

• 6 months later...

BUMP

I shall ressurect this topic simply because i feel like writing some more

however, a few question

1) is alien ship retaliation going to be implemented

2) bases won't defend themselves will they?

3) is there a fluff text for this

4) I want to write a new one so bring in the comments, I rather like the current CTD staffing, even with the fact that i miss the old guys :(

ALIEN BASE

X-Net://Pegasus.net/Alien/Research/Alien Base

We have long speculated that the aliens have bases here on Earth, but now this is confirmed.  As we know, the aliens may have any number of Research vessels flying around earth at any time, but it seems the purpose of these missions is to survey the ground, for reasons previously unknown.  But now we do know the purpose.  These missions are to look for certain areas on Earth that are strategically positioned, for further development. 

After an area is found that suits the alien’s needs, they will send in a large number of ships to get the specifications of the land, and, if need be, call in for a larger ship to survey the land.  After this process is complete, the aliens will send a battleship to do one final survey, and if the area is favorable, it will land. After landing, the craft immediately deploys digging machinery into a small hole excavated by the central lift system, which is also used to deploy the machinery. The machinery digs out a series of tunnels, at which point several sheets of Alien Composites are dropped down into the hole and layed up against the walls of the tunnels, which are eventually converted into specialized panels used for a variety of purposes.  This process is relatively fast, and construction of a new base could take anywhere from 4-10 days, depending on conditions.  Due to the fact that the battleship is completely defenseless except for several small teams of soldiers during this process, and the fact that the alien bases seem to be very similar to our bases, with defense systems, some sort of radar tracking, and launch of its own craft, it is imperative that you immediately attack the battleship before it has time to finish base construction and take off, at which point the base will be fully operational and the battleship’s defenses fully functioning.

After construction of the base is complete, the battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, at which point it will interface with the Alien communication systems and connect the newly established base to the Alien command system.  At this point the base is fully operational.  At this point, it is imperative that an X-Corps commander attack and destroy this base immediately, as the new base poses an extreme threat to the X-Corps organization, and it gives the aliens a way to try and try to take over a country by tricking its leadership into signing a pact.

After the base is completed, as large Freighter UFOs will land at the base and deploy a large amount of supplies including weapons and food.  At this point, the Base should be self-sufficient, and from then on, the Freighters will only come once every month, just to drop off some extra crew, maybe some replacement equipment, and weapons and ammo.  If we intercept these craft during a supply mission, we can seriously weaken the base firepower wise, but the base can produce its own equipment meaning that it will maintain a powerful defense, but the base will slow down to accommodate the power needs of constructing its own weapons.  Since the supply ships are carrying many supplies, capturing one could net you a huge amount of extra equipment to sell.

After base construction, there is a large hole where the battleship landed, and here the aliens make their command center, which houses the bases commander and his second in command officers. It is in this chamber that the Communication machinery exists for contact with other bases, ships, and their "Home Base".  This communications array is capable of calling for reinforcements, but only one array is needed to maintain the base in an emergency, which means that the base is highly independent.  If an X-Corps soldier was to destroy this communications array, then the base would be left without supply and replacement troops, and it would slowly die. But all the arrays must be destroyed to be successful. Once the arrays are destroyed, an X-Corps commander may order his troops to retreat, with full confidence that the base will never bother them again.  Another, simpler way would be to hunt down all the aliens, and kill them all.  If all the aliens are killed, then the base will be inactive, but the communications array will call for help to fix the base.  For this reason, as an X-Corps task force is retreating, a large Satchel Charge will be placed in the command center, which, when activated, will severely damage most of the base and destroy all of its Communication Arrays.

Added paragraphs, fixed spelling errors, fixed header, fixed names. :)

You have to make sure that this topic "colaborates" with Alien Supply (see the Tech Tree).

In addition, have a look at my Alien Breeding CT, about Alien cloning... (crew). You will understand what I mean once you read it :)

And, in order to answer your questions:

1) Yes

2) No

3) I will check the fluff texts thread

4) No comment

V1 must be very similar to the original ;)

Edited by kafros

POST MORE, I NEED SOMETHING TO BASE MY WRITINGS ON

because, if everyone thinks it is good, i'll type up kafros' edition and make it better, and then i think it will be open for proofing

• 2 months later...

This text needs some serious and extensive rewriting, on general aspects:

- Use of language: this does not fit a scientific report, this reads like a personal letter. Terms should be as accurate as possible.

- Passive voice: this is a scientific report, as I said above, so "they will send in a large number of ships" is incorrect, something like "a large number of ships will then be sent to..." is what we need here.

The use of language is the main problem here.

IMO this whole text should be rewritten from scratch.

---------

ALIEN BASE

1We have long speculated that the aliens have bases here on Earth, but now this is confirmed. 2As we know, the aliens may have any number of Research vessels flying around earth at any time, but it seems the purpose of these missions is to survey the ground, for reasons previously unknown.  But now we do know the purpose. These missions are to look for certain areas on Earth that are strategically positioned, for further development. 

1. This will sound silly if the player has already seen and destroyed alien bases but has just researched one.

2. Exactly which ships are the "research vessels"? "flying around earth" makes them sound as if they were just travelling around. IIRC scout ships did this "survey", in that case, they are not research vessels, merely scouts, also "missions" is not mentioned before, so it is incoherent to talk about the surveying ships and later "these missions".

After an area is found that suits the alien’s needs, 1they will send in a large number of ships to get the specifications of the land, and, if need be, call in for a larger ship to survey the land.  After this process is complete, 2the aliens will send a battleship to do one final survey, and if the area is favorable, it will land. After landing, the craft immediately deploys 3digging machinery into a small hole 4excavated by the central lift system, which is also used to deploy the machinery. The machinery digs out a series of tunnels, at which point several sheets of Alien Composites are dropped down into the hole and layed up against the walls of the tunnels, which are eventually converted into specialized panels used for a variety of purposes.  This process is relatively fast, and construction of a new base could take anywhere from 4-10 days, depending on conditions.  Due to the fact that the battleship is completely defenseless except for several small teams of soldiers during this process, 5and the fact that the alien bases seem to be very similar to our bases, with defense systems, some sort of radar tracking, 6and launch of its own craft, it is imperative 7that you 8immediately attack the battleship before it has time to finish base construction and take off, at which point the base will be fully operational and the battleship’s defenses fully functioning.

1. Use passive voice, "large" is subjective.

2. Passive voice, do the Aliens *always* send a battleship?

3. This definitely does not seem like the correct term.

4. What central lift system?

5. Why similar? what defense systems?

6. if you are ennumerating facilities, this does not sound correct.

7. "you"?, this is a report, there is no "you".

8. Does this always happen?

After construction of the base is complete, the battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, 1at which point it will interface with the Alien communication systems and connect the newly established base to the Alien command system.  2At this point the base is fully operational.  At this point, it is imperative 3that an X-Corps commander attack and destroy this base immediately, as the new base poses an extreme threat to the X-Corps organization, 4and it gives the aliens a way to try and try to take over a country by tricking its leadership into signing a pact.

1. 2. "at.. point" is repetitive.

3. How many X-Corps commanders are there? there is only one (the player), and/or a soldier with the commander rank, in which case it is not necessary to send the commander.

4."a way to try and try"? this is not correct. Also, infiltration and terror missions do this, this is not mentioned and the whole sentence is weirdly put out.

After the base is completed, as large Freighter UFOs 1will land 2at the base and 3deploy a large amount of supplies including weapons and food.  4At this point, the Base should be self-sufficient, and from then on, the Freighters will only come once every month, just to drop off some extra crew, maybe some replacement equipment, and weapons and ammo.  If we intercept these craft during a supply mission, 5we can seriously weaken the base firepower wise, but the base can produce its own equipment meaning that it will maintain a powerful defense, 6but the base will slow down to accommodate the power needs of constructing its own weapons7Since the supply ships are carrying many supplies, capturing one could net you a huge amount of extra equipment to sell.

1. use of "will", no.

2. land on, not land at.

3. supplies are not deployed, they are delivered.

4. If it's self sufficient, it does not need Alien Freighters (whole name).

5. Probably in V1+, not in V1.

6. Not correct.

After base construction, 1there is a large hole where the battleship landed, and 2here the aliens make their command center, which 3houses the bases commander and his second in command officers. It is in this chamber that the 10Communication machinery exists for contact with other bases, ships, and their 4"Home Base".  This communications array is capable of 5calling for reinforcements, but only one array is needed to maintain the base in an emergency, which means that the base is highly independent. 6 If an X-Corps soldier was to destroy this communications array, then the base would be left without supply and replacement troops, and it would slowly die. But all the arrays must be destroyed to be successful. Once the arrays are destroyed, an X-Corps commander may order his troops to retreat, with full confidence that the base will never bother them again.  7Another, simpler way would be to hunt down all the aliens, and kill them all. 8If all the aliens are killed, then the base will be inactive, but the communications array will call for help to fix the base. For this reason, as an X-Corps task force is retreating, a 11large Satchel Charge 9will be placed in the command center, which, when activated, will severely damage most of the base and destroy all of its Communication Arrays.

1. "large hole" sounds really silly.

2. "there" in either case, not "here", this is a scientific report.

3. This makes the commander sound as an animal, it does not live in the command center, it is only found there in the base missions, I assume it hides there, and/or gives orders to the soldiers from there.

4. "Home base" sounds not right to call the main alien base/stronghold.

5. This implies the aliens can call reinforcements during a base assault.

6. I don't think this was true in X-Com 1, it is not here, in that case.

7. Rewrite, this makes it sound trivial.

8. Was this true in X-Com1?

9. use of "will".

10. Machinery? that's no way of terming Communication equipment. Computers aren't usually called "machinery".

11. There are no "large satchel charges", and in any case, a satchel charge is not the only way to disable them.

I'll look at what you wrote and type something up in a few hours, at the latest tomorrow, i promise it won't wait a few months like some other texts have :)

After an hour of writing, thinking, and reading, i have come up with the following :) :

ALIEN BASE

The entire purpose of the X-Corps project is to fight the aliens, or more definitively, their ships. X-Corps scientists and commanders have always found it hard to believe that the aliens have their ships fly to Earth from wherever they come from and back routinely. The most logical solutions were that the aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. We have managed to successfully extract information from one of the alien’s Squad Leaders that in fact the aliens do have fixed bases on Earth. We were told that there is no mothership however. The following document explains everything we have learned.

The first step in the long process of base construction, surveillance, is also the longest step. The aliens will first send in alien research vessels to get the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. After the aliens have enough information to make a basic map with all the information they need, they will start sending in progressively larger vessels to do more and more detailed scans and scouting of the area. Once the aliens decide that they have enough information to build a base in peace without outside disruptions, they will send in a single modified Battleship and have it land in a predetermined location. It will then excavate a large amount of dirt, leaving them with a hole that is approximately 20m x 20m x 6m. This ends the first step and begins the second step

The second step is the actual construction of the base, which itself only takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the environment and any other unexpected events. The battleship will deploy several teams of alien engineers and workers to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex complete with almost everything the aliens could need. After the general excavation is done, the battleship will drop large blocks of alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels, and onto the roof of the tunnels. After this the ship will drop any remaining supplies it has, and it will then begin construction of the command center, which is the original hole. This ends the second step.

In the third step the aliens will complete their base, adding in any extra wall pieces and furnishing it. They will also install the power sources and plant the foliage that will provide the aliens with air and food. The most important part of this step is construction of the command center. The command center is most complicated part of the process, and involves installing extremely sensitive computer and communications arrays into the second level. The equipment must be installed perfectly and connected to the power source very carefully, to ensure that the equipment will not be damaged or corrupted. After all the equipment is successfully installed, it must be calibrated to a certain criterion(?), with permanent damage and file corruption the result of being anything over .05% off. After the system is completely online, and calibrated correctly, the third step ends and base construction is completed.

At this point, the battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, at which point it will make contact with the newly established base’s communication systems and then introduce them to the alien command network. After this, the base is able to contact any alien ship, base, or if need be, their command base, whenever they want. It is through this network that the aliens will call in for supplies and more troops to be deposited at the base. If the communications array were to be damaged beyond repair, the aliens would be unable to contact anything that is outside the range of their short-range communications equipment.

Due to the nature of the alien base, it is mandatory that it be destroyed as soon as possible because it will give the aliens ships a repair center, it will offer a remote command outpost, and it will give the aliens advance troop deployment areas. The way an alien base is stopped is by dropping troops directly into the alien base, and either neutralizing the entire base’s staffing, or by destroying the communications equipment and computers in the command center. If you wish to take the latter route, the soldiers must completely destroy every one of the black columns on the second level of the command center, or the aliens will call for help and the base repaired. Due to the fact that the base is a forward command post, there will be high-ranking alien leaders there, which gives X-Corps troopers an extremely good opportunity to capture them.

However, there is an alternative route that doesn’t involve direct combat with the base. For most bases, there is a supply ship that will deploy supplies once a month, usually within 3 days of each other (relative to the last month’s supply drop). We do not know much about the these supply missions, but it is obvious that they aid the base, perhaps so it can use its resources for helping along the alien invasion instead of self sustenance. Whatever the case, striking these supply ships will not only weaken the base, but will give us access to whatever the aliens have on board.

Bold means i am unsure how to type the sentence...

As you can see, i did a total rewrite, but tried to keep azrael's points in mind so i hope it will do :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. X-Corps have been puzzled by the evidence that Aliens have established flight routines around the globe. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Leader interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation hasn't been attested. Now, we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, which includes 3 stages.

The first stage, and co instantaneously the longest, comprises of the surveillance and construction site preparation procedures. The Aliens will first send in Alien research vessels to get the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do more and more detailed scans and scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to build a base in peace without outside disruptions, they will send in a single modified Battleship and have it land in a predetermined location. It will then excavate a large amount of dirt, leveling the ground and providing a hole that is approximately 20m x 20m x 6m.

The second stage is the actual construction of the base, which only takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the environment and any unexpected events. The Battleship will deploy several teams of Alien engineers and workers to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex complete with almost everything the Aliens could need. After the general excavation is done, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. After this, the ship will drop any remaining supplies, and the construction of the command center is initiated.

In the third step the Aliens will complete their base, adding in any extra wall pieces and furnishing the interior. They will also install the power sources and plant the foliage that will provide the Aliens air and some supplies. The most important part of this stage is construction of the command center. This is the most complicated part of the process, and involves installing extremely sensitive computer and communications arrays into the second level. The equipment must be installed flawlessly and connected to the power source very carefully, to ensure that the equipment will not be damaged. After all the equipment is successfully installed, it must be calibrated to a certain energy input rate, or else permanent system corruption will take place and eventually waste the equipment. After the system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is completed.

At this point, the Battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, in order to make contact with the newly established base’s communication systems and then help to establish a communication link to the Alien command network.

----

Uuuuuuuuu, I still have skills babe! B)

Let the brain juice flow around B) B)

I am a wacko ^_^

Edited by kafros

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. X-Corps have been puzzled by the evidence that Aliens have established flight routines around the globe. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Leader interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation hasn't been attested. Now, we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, which includes 3 stages.

The first stage, and co instantaneously the longest, comprises of the surveillance and construction site preparation procedures. The Aliens will first send in Alien research vessels to get the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do more and more detailed scans and scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to build a base in peace without outside disruptions, they will send in a single modified Battleship and have it land in a predetermined location. It will then excavate a large amount of dirt, leveling the ground and providing a hole that is approximately 20m x 20m x 6m.

The second stage is the actual construction of the base, which only takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the environment and any unexpected events. The Battleship will deploy several teams of Alien engineers and workers to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex complete with almost everything the Aliens could need. After the general excavation is done, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. After this, the ship will drop any remaining supplies, and the construction of the command center is initiated.

In the third step the Aliens will complete their base, adding in any extra wall pieces and furnishing the interior. They will also install the power sources and plant the foliage that will provide the Aliens air and some supplies. The most important part of this stage is construction of the command center. This is the most complicated part of the process, and involves installing extremely sensitive computer and communications arrays into the second level. The equipment must be installed flawlessly and connected to the power source very carefully, to ensure that the equipment will not be damaged. After all the equipment is successfully installed, it must be calibrated to a certain energy input rate, or else permanent system corruption will take place and eventually waste the equipment. After the system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is completed.

At this point, the Battleship will take off and attempt to leave the atmosphere immediately, in order to make contact with the newly established base’s communication systems and then help to establish a communication link to the Alien command network.

----

Uuuuuuuuu, I still have skills babe!  B)

Let the brain juice flow around  B)  B)

I am a wacko  ^_^

The general use of language is still incorrect.

Please note that you can write this from scratch, you are not bound to blehm's last draft.

Sorry if I don't provide examples of the incorrect use of language, but it's too much and last time it took me like 30 minutes, so if you can spot it without me pointing them, that's better :D

The use of "will", for example.

You could at least say that it is better than before :Cry: :P

Definitely, I forgot some "will"s...

Sorry kafros, hadn't had time at the moment, just wanted to remark that you could rewrite it the way you wanted, in case you didn't know :) It does look better than before :) take care of those "will" and I'll try to post something more useful next time :)

You could at least say that it is better than before :Cry: :P

Definitely, I forgot some "will"s...

Sorry kafros, hadn't had time at the moment, just wanted to remark that you could rewrite it the way you wanted, in case you didn't know :) It does look better than before :) take care of those "will" and I'll try to post something more useful next time :)

1) I see :) , but I think we could just improve the existing version

2) B) :NyaNyaNya:, I feel better now

3) I will try to improve it further, but comments are (as always) welcome ^_^

I consistently fail to see how the usage of a particular word is severely detrimental to a text, to the point of cataclysmic and irreverisible damage which causes the entire text to be rewritten.

Up to this point I have not seen this thread, I do not know why, possibly because I cannot read, possibly not, but Blehm has written a perfectly acceptable structure of a text. I admit that it lacked some finesse, but a little less harping on, and a little more constructive criticism would have been helpful. Despite this, Kafros, you have made an excellent revision, and I hope that this text continues in this fashion to completion.

More specifically to the text, I wonder how we actually are able to research this information. Do we get it from the research of a Navigator? If so, caution needs to be advised when discussing things that a Naviagator would not necessarily know, for example the power source connections.

I would also suggest a little more in the way of padding out. One example would be an explanation as to why a Battleship is used to construct the base, not a specialised type of craft, or a Supply Ship.

Finally, what does ' co-instantaneously' mean? By implication it is two things that make each other happen at the same time? In that context, the meaning is unclear.

Apart from that, I think it is a good text.

Why do I get the feeling that I constantly have to defend myself whenever you make a post in here? Let's see what can I say this time.

I consistently fail to see how the usage of a particular word is severely detrimental to a text, to the point of cataclysmic and irreverisible damage which causes the entire text to be rewritten.

Ooh! I love the drama, read this post to see when I pointed out the incorrect use of the language phrase per phrase, that took me over 30 minutes, and when I am on exam period, I tend to be less thorough.

Also, read this long time ago posted post, when I am telling kafros that he can rewrite it from scratch if he wants to, I clarified that because in the past in certain threads I asked them not to be rewritten as they only needed minor corrections, and because most people (like me), enjoy more rewritting something completely to fit their style rather than adding one or two phrases here and there. I hope I was clear that it is not a biblical catastrophe.

Up to this point I have not seen this thread, I do not know why, possibly because I cannot read, possibly not, but Blehm has written a perfectly acceptable structure of a text.  I admit that it lacked some finesse, but a little less harping on, and a little more constructive criticism would have been helpful.  Despite this, Kafros, you have made an excellent revision, and I hope that this text continues in this fashion to completion.

You obviously haven't read the thread, read the post when I go phrase per phrase.

More specifically to the text, I wonder how we actually are able to research this information.  Do we get it from the research of a Navigator?  If so, caution needs to be advised when discussing things that a Naviagator would not necessarily know, for example the power source connections.

Correct, from a navigator, I'm also considering the possibility of obtaining this as a bonus entry from a captured Alien Leader.

Seriously dipstick, we're buddies (or at least I think so), so please, could you stop hitting me with that pitchfork? :rolleyes:

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. The evidence that Aliens have established flight routines around the globe has puzzled X-Corps. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Navigator interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation has not been attested. Now, we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, which includes three stages.

The first and longest stage comprises of the surveillance and construction site preparation procedures. First of all, scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Once it lands, a large amount of dirt will be excavated, leveling the ground and providing a hole that is approximately 20m x 20m x 6m.

The second stage includes the actual construction of the base, which only takes 2 weeks depending on the environment and any unexpected events. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex complete with most of the needed supplies. After the general excavation has been completed, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. After this, the ship will drop any remaining supplies, and the construction of the command center is initiated.

During the third stage, the base is completed. Extra wall pieces are added and the interior is furnished, and the rooms become ready for variable uses. In addition, power sources are setup and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the base. The most important part of this stage is construction of the command center. It is at the same time the most complicated one, as it involves installing extremely sensitive computer and communications arrays into the second level. The equipment must be installed flawlessly and be connected to the power source very carefully, to ensure that the equipment will not be damaged. After all the equipment is successfully installed, it must be calibrated to a certain energy input rate, or else permanent system corruption may take place and eventually waste the equipment. After the system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is completed.

At this point, the Battleship takes off and ascends into the upper atmospheric layers in order to make contact with the newly established base’s communication systems and then act as a node to establish a communication link to the Alien command network.

“2 weeks for a whole base?! I want to use this Alien know-how and build a giant shopping mall in no time!”

– Private Joe Greens

Edited by kafros

• 1 month later...

Ok, just a few anotations... :)

[...] Once it lands, a large amount of dirt will be excavated,[/color] leveling the ground and providing a hole that is approximately 20m x 20m x 6m.

Why? I mean, 20x20x6 is too small for the whole base, so please explain why they dig it in exactly this size. Plus, how do they excavate the dirt? It's a battleship after all. So there is no tractor beam or drilling equipment mounted to it. (But, this is a general Problem I see with all of this: We never ever find any "pioneer"-equipment...

During the third stage, the base is completed. Extra wall pieces are added and the interior is furnished, and the rooms become ready for variable uses.

Repetition of "and".

[...]

The equipment must be installed flawlessly and be connected to the power source very carefully, to ensure that the equipment will not be damaged. After all the equipment is successfully installed, it must be calibrated to a certain energy input rate, or else permanent system corruption may take place and eventually waste the equipment. After the system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is completed.

Sorry, but for me this sounds like a "Howto build my own command centre". This might be something a technician from earth, with love for all this shiny equipment, might say, but this is not the "apropriate language" for a scientific report on the "Alien Base".

At this point, the Battleship takes off and ascends into the upper atmospheric layers in order to make contact with the newly established base’s communication systems and then act as a node to establish a communication link to the Alien command network.

Too much detailed information?

---Edit---

quote chain broken... again... <_>

Edited by Mad

• 4 months later...

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. The evidence that Aliens have established flight routines around the globe has puzzled X-Corps. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Navigator interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation has not been attested. Now, we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, which includes three stages.

The first and longest stage comprises of the surveillance and construction site preparation procedures. First, scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Once it lands, a large amount of dirt will be removed by using gravitational waves, providing a leveled hole that is approximately 50m x 50m x 9m.

(ZOMBIE!? I need your light on this)

The second stage includes the actual construction of the base, which only takes 2 weeks depending on the environment and any unexpected events. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex complete with most of the needed supplies. After the general excavation has been completed, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. After this, the ship will drop any remaining supplies, and the construction of the command center is initiated.

During the third stage, the last steps for the base’s completion are executed. Extra wall pieces are added, the interior is furnished and the rooms become ready for variable uses. In addition, power sources are setup and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the whole construction. The procedure ends once the base’s command center is online. A large gravity lift is mounted on the lower floor, leading to the second floor where computers, electronic equipment and communication arrays are installed. After the whole system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is completed.

“2 weeks for a whole base?! I want to use this Alien know-how and build a giant shopping mall in no time!”

– Private Joe Greens

i believe it is closer to 20m x 20m

and 9 meters deep is assuming that there are... 5 meters of dirt overhead? That sounds about right

I believe alien bases are 50 tiles square. Assuming 1 tile = 1 meter, it should be 50 meters on a side. Height wise, there are only two levels to an alien base. Assuming a level = 2 meters then the total height is 4 meters. (I know, it's kinda scrunched with ~6 feet of height, but 3 meters is too tall). As for how deep underground these bases are - use your judgement.

There were no hangar structures in alien bases in X-COM, so an alien base built deep underground may be a good thing - it would explain why it is so hard to locate it without actual patrols directly overhead. (X-COM bases need to be built closer to the surface as the hangar has to be able to launch it's aircraft safely. Even with VTOL, the ships need a qualified pilot to keep from crashing). Alien bases have no hangar structure and thus can be at any depth. Supply ships only really bring small things like nourishment, weapons and reinforcements. ^_^

- Zombie

I believe alien bases are 50 tiles square. Assuming 1 tile = 1 meter, it should be 50 meters on a side. Height wise, there are only two levels to an alien base. Assuming a level = 2 meters then the total height is 4 meters. (I know, it's kinda scrunched with ~6 feet of height, but 3 meters is too tall). As for how deep underground these bases are - use your judgement.

There were no hangar structures in alien bases in X-COM, so an alien base built deep underground may be a good thing - it would explain why it is so hard to locate it without actual patrols directly overhead. (X-COM bases need to be built closer to the surface as the hangar has to be able to launch it's aircraft safely. Even with VTOL, the ships need a qualified pilot to keep from crashing). Alien bases have no hangar structure and thus can be at any depth. Supply ships only really bring small things like nourishment, weapons and reinforcements. ^_^

Actually, you can see a human soldier occupy a whole tile. I guess the average man needs half a meter width in order to stand still, leaving some space between his legs. So, 50 tiles x 0.5 metres per tile = ~ 25 metres... Let's give some more space and make it 30x30. I totally agree with the height you propose.

But, some questions pop in my mind:

1) What about tall soldiers and Mutons?!?!?! They can't frog-walk around the base (or can they? ^^)

2) So, what do the Alien Freighters do when supplying a base? Land near it and then the Aliens move stuff into the base?

3) How do the Aliens access the base? They probably use a gravity lift, right? Is it camouflaged? If yes, how? At what altitude should the Interceptor be in order to discover such an entry? How will the altitude selection be programmed by the PRG-D?

well, you could go with 2.5m as the height. It would be best to say that for certain creatures there are modifications, but 2.5 meters should fit everything. Of course some people are that tall or taller, but i doubt they'd make good soldiers anyway, and hopefully mutons won't too tall

But, some questions pop in my mind:

1) What about tall soldiers and Mutons?!?!?! They can't frog-walk around the base (or can they? ^^)

2) So, what do the Alien Freighters do when supplying a base? Land near it and then the Aliens move stuff into the base?

3) How do the Aliens access the base? They probably use a gravity lift, right? Is it camouflaged? If yes, how? At what altitude should the Interceptor be in order to discover such an entry? How will the altitude selection be programmed by the PRG-D?

1. Probably not. But height is relative in the original game. (Units have a height rating, but there is no indication of how high a "story" is.) Besides, all units are short enough to walk around without their heads being seen skimming along on the floor above. *whoooo, Zombie makes ghost noise* Specific height can be determined at a later date when the logistics and statistics are sorted out. 2.5m is ok for now.
  2. see 3.
  3. The aliens access their base the same way X-COM agents do (it's an assumption, but a valid one). They go to the lift areas (green floor rooms) and enter there. Camo? It probably is to some degree as a base is sometimes hard to find. How? Dunno, but I assume that the entrances are made to look like the natural surroundings. Altitude didn't matter in the original game. If you hovered overhead (and nearby) for a while, you would find it eventually. ^_^

- Zombie

ALIEN BASE

The first and longest stage comprises of the surveillance and preparation procedures. First, scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Once it reaches its destination, it floats some meters above the ground and a large amount of dirt will be removed with gravitational waves, providing a leveled hole that is approximately 35m x 35m x 30m. This will provide the Alien engineers the space needed in order to construct the base and give them the ability to build the base deep in the ground.

How are these "clever missiles" that can penetrate bunkers and attack underground targets called? How deep can they enter?

The second stage includes the actual construction, which only takes 2 weeks correct? depending on the environment and any unexpected events. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed and start building. First, a radar array is installed for automatic intruder detection and prompt warning so that the building site is camouflaged in time. They work in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex, complete with most of the needed supplies. The actual base has a volume of 25m x 25m x 2.5m. After the general excavation has been completed, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. Once completed, the ship will drop any remaining supplies.

During the third stage, the last but vital steps for the base’s completion are executed. Extra wall pieces are added, the interior is furnished and the rooms become ready for variable uses. Power sources are set-up and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the whole construction. Two rooms serve as gravity lifts in order to permit access to the complex. Afterwards, the base’s command center needs to be built. A large gravity lift is mounted on the lower floor, leading to the second one where computers, electronic equipment and communication arrays are located. After the whole system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is nearly completed.

At this point, the Battleship takes off and covers the whole site with dirt, while the engineers work on the surroundings in order to prepare a natural-looking environment for effective camouflage. In order to detect an Alien Base, our crafts must execute advanced surveillance and spying techniques at sites where a base is suspected to be located. Photographs and data will be provided to X-Corps experts for analysis. The Intelligence Division advises that increased Alien activity will be detected around established Alien bases.

– Private Joe Greens

----------

Many, many additions and a few minor improvements. At least, this CT now sounds better, if not far more believable

Edited by kafros

Some ideas

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. The evidence that Aliens have established flight routines routes around the globe has puzzled X-Corps. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Navigator interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation has not been attested. Now, we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, which includes three stages consisting of three stages?.

The first and longest stage comprises of the surveillance and preparation procedures. First, scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Once repeated use of "once"; As soon as? it reaches its destination upon reaching its destination?, it floats will float? some meters above the ground and a large amount of dirt will be removed with using? gravitational waves, providing a leveled hole that is approximately 35m x 35m x 30m. This will provide repeated use of "provide"; rephrase using "allowing the alien engineers to...?" the Alien engineers the space needed in order to construct the base and give them the ability to build the base deep in the ground repeated use of base, you should rephrase this into one sentence.[/color]

The second stage includes the actual construction, which only takes 2 weeks depending on the environment and any unexpected events there are no unexpreceted events. it makes the player feel he can influence the building, which is not the case.. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed and start building. First, a radar array (radar? I think they are far beyoynd this technology. Plus it would make them easily discoverable.)  is installed for automatic intruder detection and prompt warning so that the building site is camouflaged in time why so that?. They work in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex, complete with most of the needed supplies. (built this into the first sentence using "working") The actual base has a volume of 25m x 25m x 2.5m. After the general excavation has been completed, the a? Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs. Once completed, the ship will drop repeated use of "drop" any remaining supplies.

During the third stage, the last but vital steps for the base’s completion are executed. Extra wall pieces are added, the interior is furnished and the rooms become ready for variable uses. Power sources are set-up and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the whole construction. Two rooms serve as gravity lifts in order to permit access to the complex.  Afterwards, the base’s command center needs to be built will be established. A large gravity lift is mounted on the lower floor, leading to the second one where computers, electronic equipment and communication arrays are located. After As soon as?  the whole system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is nearly completed.

At this point, the Battleship takes off (will take off?) and covers the whole site with dirt, while the engineers work on the surroundings in order to prepare a natural-looking environment for effective camouflage. In order to detect an Alien Base, our crafts must execute advanced surveillance and spying techniques at sites where a base is suspected to be located. Photographs and data will be provided to X-Corps experts for analysis. The Intelligence Division advises remarks? that increased Alien activity will be detected around established Alien bases.

– Private Joe Greens

• 2 weeks later...

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. The evidence that Aliens have established flight patterns around the globe has puzzled X-Corps. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Navigator interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation has not been attested. Now we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, consisting of three stages.

The first and longest stage comprises the surveillance and preparation procedures. First, scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Upon reaching its destination, it will float some meters above the ground and a large amount of dirt will be removed by using gravitational waves, providing a leveled hole that is approximately 35m x 35m x 30m. This will allow the Alien engineers to construct the base and give them the ability to build deep in the ground.

The second stage includes the actual construction, which only takes 2 weeks depending on the environment and any unexpected events, involves working in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex, complete with most of the needed supplies. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed, and the operation is initiated. First, a detection array is installed for automatic intruder detection and prompt warning so that the building site is camouflaged in time. The actual base has a volume of 25m x 25m x 2.5m. After the general excavation has been completed, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs.

Player: "Buhuhu! Why can't I stop them from building their base?! :(". There must be a reason, and the reason is that they perfectly camouflage the building site.

You are right, "RADAR" is a specific technology... I thought of "Radar" as a "detector/detection device". Detection array sounds better.

During the third stage, the last but vital steps for the base’s completion are executed. Extra wall pieces are added, the interior is furnished and the rooms become ready for variable uses. Power sources are set-up and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the whole construction. Two rooms serve as gravity lifts in order to permit access to the complex. Afterwards, the base’s command center will be established. A large gravity lift is mounted on the lower floor, leading to the second one where computers, electronic equipment and communication arrays are located. As soon as the whole system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is nearly completed.

At this point, a Battleship will move to the building site and cover it with dirt, while the engineers work on the surroundings in order to prepare a natural-looking environment for effective camouflage. In order to detect an Alien Base, our crafts must execute advanced surveillance and spying techniques at sites where a base is suspected to be located. Photographs and data will be provided to X-Corps experts for analysis. The Intelligence Division remarks that increased Alien activity will be detected around established Alien bases.

My original scenario was that the same Battleship aids the builders all the time. But, building a base needs around 2 weeks, so the battleship can't stay there... In addition, it can be destroyed before the end of the building period. So yes, "a" is better.

– Private Joe Greens

Edited by kafros

• 4 weeks later...

Some anotations, usual color scheme

ALIEN BASE

The inceptive purpose of the X-Corps project is to repel the Alien threat and protect humanity at all cost. Thus, the interception of Alien ships is a primary tactical objective. The evidence that Aliens have established flight patterns around the globe has puzzled X-Corps. The most logical solutions were that the Aliens had a mothership in orbit or fixed military bases on Earth. From the information analysis of an Alien Navigator interrogation, it has been corroborated that Aliens indeed have established bases on Earth, although the mothership speculation has not been attested. Now we are aware of the modus operandi Aliens follow in order to establish their bases, consisting of three stages.

The first and longest stage comprises the surveillance and preparation procedures. First, unnecessary repetition of "first" scout ships are launched in order to examine the general lay of the land, locate human settlements, and document notable features. Larger vessels are progressively sent in to do detailed scans and further scouting of the area. Once the Aliens decide that they have enough information to start constructing without outside disruptions, a Battleship is launched and moves to a predetermined location. Maybe rephrase. "Once the Aliens have enough information to successfully establish a peremiter and build a base, a battleship..." Upon reaching its destination, it will float some meters above the ground and a large amount of dirt will be removed by using gravitational waves, providing a leveled hole that is approximately 35m x 35m x 30m. This is very detailed information limiting our level designers. i don't think it is needed. This will allow the Alien engineers to construct the base and give them the ability to build deep in the ground.

Proposed rephrasing: Upon arrival at the predetermined site, it will hover over the ground, using gravitational waves to excavate a deep leveled whole designed to contain the future underground base.

The second stage includes the actual construction, which only takes 2 weeks depending on the environment and any unexpected events, involves working in order to excavate a massive underground tunnel complex, complete with most of the needed supplies. Several teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed, and the operation is initiated. Proposed rephrasing: The second stage, usually taking two weeks, includes the actual construction with excavation of a massive underground tunnel complex. For this severyl teams of Alien engineers and workers are deployed. First, a detection array is installed for automatic intruder detection and prompt warning so that the building site is camouflaged in time. Proposed rephrasing: "One of the first tasks is the installation of a detection array, allowing automated intruder detection and propt warning leading to a instantanious camouflaging of the building site." The actual base has a volume of 25m x 25m x 2.5m. (as above mentioned, might be too much detail.) After the general excavation has been completed, the Battleship will drop large blocks of Alien alloy sheets to be laid along the walls of the tunnels and onto the roofs.

During the third stage, the last but vital steps for the base’s completion are executed performed?. Extra wall pieces are added, the interior is furnished and the rooms become ready for variable their various? uses. Power sources are set-up and foliage is planted in order to provide suitable air and energy to the whole construction. Two rooms serve as gravity lifts in order to permit access to the complex. Afterwards, the base’s command center will be established. A large gravity lift is mounted on the lower floor, leading to the second one where computers, electronic equipment and communication arrays are located. As soon as the whole system is online and calibrated correctly, the third stage ends and base construction is nearly completed.

At this point, a Battleship will move to the building site and cover it with dirt, while the engineers work on the surroundings in order to prepare a natural-looking environment for effective camouflage. In order to detect an Alien Base, our crafts must execute advanced surveillance and spying techniques at sites where a base is suspected to be located. Photographs and data will be provided to X-Corps experts for analysis. The Intelligence Division remarks that increased Alien activity will be detected around established Alien bases.

– Private Joe Greens

Edited by Mad