XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Savedgame#1 Missions

• 3 weeks later...
I'd recommend to use the latest beta version of UFO2000. It has many features added including reaction fire, stun weapons and internet server support. Now you even don't have to know your ip address, using internet server makes it much easier to find opponents and play network games :)

I'd recommend to use the latest beta version of UFO2000. It has many features added including reaction fire, stun weapons and internet server support. Now you even don't have to know your ip address, using internet server makes it much easier to find opponents and play network games :)

So who's the host in those games?

What error message do you see?

Password should be at least 6 characters long and nobody must be registered with your name before.

Also, maybe you are behind HTTP proxy or port 2000 is closed by your provider?

Please provide more information, so we will be able to find a solution.

After login you will see a chat console with a list of players online (similar to IRC).

When you click on other player's name, he will receive a challenge and if he accepts it, the battle will start.

First mission:

Crashed Large Scout

First turn: I walk out of the skyranger and look around and see a floater hiding behind a building with his back turned to me. Out of tu's so i cant shoot it.

Second turn: 2 floaters appear form the orchard from the bottom left and each fires a shot. Nobody hit. The floater behind the building walks in and stops. My turn. One of my guys shoots at one of the floaters floatong above the orchard with 2 autos. All 6 shots miss. He has time for a snap shot now. He shoots and kills the alien. Another guy shoots at the one in the building with an auto and all 3 shots miss. The floater auto fires back and kills my guy. I send another guy in and he aims and misses but no reaction from the floater. I send another guy in and he gives him 3 snap shots and kills the alien. Then I send a guy into the orchard to kill the 3rd alien. He has enough tus to crouch and snap shot. He misses but goes unnoticed.

so far: 2 kills for and 2 kills against

Third turn:Another floater appears in the top left but doesnt fire.The floater i failed to kill last turn come over and kills another guy. My turn. I start off by throwing a grenade at the floater up top. Then I send 2 guys into the bottom left orchard but dont find anything. I move 2 guys toward th ufo and find the alien i was looking for behind the orchard. I crouch and snap shot but miss, and blow up all my cover.end turn

4th turn: Floaters kill 2 more guys. I send 2 guys after the southern floater and kill him. The northern floater survives the grenade and another bullet from my guys. end turn.

5th turn: Nothing happens to my guys. I shoot the northern floater a bit more and hit him 2more times and he ignores it. I approach the ufo door but not enough tus to enter.

6th turn: I see a floater in a barn for a split second. No shooting. I go inside the ufo and kill another floater. Up top i send a guy north in search of the iron floater and out of nowere comes a floater and shoots me for no damage. I shoot back and kill it. End turn.

7th turn: The iron floater comes out of a barn and kills another guy. i shoot and miss some more.end turn

8th turn: no shooting. I finally kill the iron floater!!!!!!!!!!! Just 1 more left. I close in on the barn with the sniper floater in it and end my turn.

9th turn: The sniper shoots at me and misses. Another alien comes into view. I shoot at the sniper and kill it. end turn.

10th turn: Alien shoots for no damage.Another alien comes into view over the ufo and gets shot(on my turn). I shoot at the last alien and miss, then duck back into cover. end turn

11th turn: we both miss. I send a guy to sneak around behind him. end turn

12th turn: He shoots and wounds me and i walk up to him and shoot him. End mission

post-89-1073168485_thumb.png

Good luck at your attempt :) . Although I wonder what the pistol is for... :wink:

The pistol is for the dude with the auto cannon as his side arm

I still wonder why do you need a pistol for a side arm. Unless you have only HE ammo to your autocannon :idea:

Your autocannon soldier is going to have to be one very tough person to carry all that. 1 Autocannon, 6 AC-?? clips, one pistol and three pistols clips. You'll need an absolute minimum of 63 strength in order to carry all that without suffering the encumberance penalty! :)

I rather like the pistols, actually. Try comparing the pistol's snapshot accuracy and speed with that of the rifle, then compare the damages. At the cost of -4 damage per bullet, you get to shoot up to 5 snapshots a turn, which is not such a bad tradeoff - especially if you use reaction shots a lot.

- NKF

Yeah, but who uses rifles anyway? I mean, the normal rifle is way too inaccurate and weak to be a mainstay weapon.

Edit: You obviously have to use them if you don't have a base... But still, rifles just suck.

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Well, pistols ARE pretty accurate, and sometimes manage to kill a floater in one lucky shot, but only have 9 bullets/clip, whereas the rifle has 20 :) . Ammo is not very abundant in the savegame...

serge : I just tried connecting again, and it worked, I don't know what was the problem....

Edited by j'ordos

12 bullets per clip, actually. For what you pay for, they really do have a big bang for your buck.

The rifles don't suck - none of the weapons suck. It's just a matter of scaling the right weapons up to the right enemies. Sectoids, floaters and snakemen have even less armour than your unarmoured troops - which make them prime candidates for using pistols (that's pretty much it, actually :) ). Besides, 60% is very accurate for a snapshot (but not as accurate as the plasma rifle's ridiculous but at the same time awesome 86% or the heavy plasma's 75%). Veteran soldiers with over 100+ accuracy can really score lots of excellent hits with the pistol/rifle per round. It's like the M4000 in X-Com apocalypse. Low damage, but with an insane rate of fire.

(There, the xcomufo.com forum has had its first taste of my pistol infatuation. How many XTC and XCommand forum visitors anticipated this? :) )

- NKF

I knew plasmarifles snap shot was accurate but I never knew pistol is accurate! I thought it hits nothing! Btw, M4000 is my favourite weapon in apoc. It just makes the battle worth seeing when the air is filled with bulleds! ^_^

My biggest problem with the pistol is its low damage. I perfer the laser pistol for several reasons

1: No ammo worries

2: Greater Damage

3: Auto shot

4: Reasonable accuracy

5: Fast firing

6: Looks

7: Weight (you don't have to lug around several million extra clips)

In apoc, the disruptor pistol is my favorite weapon. It has good damage, good range, good accuracy, good ROF, and you can use two at once! Although I usually move to pigs err devestator cannons when they become available.

(Toxigun is a very close second.

The laser pistol ranks very high on my list of favourite weapons (the fact it can kill everything but superhuman sectopods has nothing to do with it). But even so - it has its flaws.

The standard pistols compliment the laser pistols very well, actually. Look at it this way - what one gun lacks, the other makes up for. The pistol lacks power, but it has speed(snapshots only, however) and good accuracy. The laser pistol has good strength and a mad rate of fire (4x possible autoshots per turn) but has a hard time making long range precision shots. So, even though UFO wasn't designed for dual weilding weapons, you can actually get away with it with a laser pistol and standard pistol combo.

- NKF