XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Quick Random Question

GreatGold

The Xnet database menu is a java applet that someone else has the license rights to, the rest of it is html code. With some complex html coding, animated gifs, and some image maps, I could create that menu using just html, but it's way too much effort when it's not going to be implemented that way in the game. Right now it's all in html simply for presenting the UI, and once it's where most everybody likes it, the programming gods will decend and convert it to code I guess....

Guest drewid

I use Paint Shop Pro at work too mostly. and a little photoshop sometimes.

Paint shop pro 6 or 7 is just as good for most games related stuff. (duck, incoming!).

Being able to load and save photoshop PSD files is the key requirement really.

Not being able to save in psd is the gimp's biggest letdown. However it can open them and save in its native format which I think is .xcf (any linux nuttters want to confirm that?)

At the end of the day as long as everyone can open it and work on it any prog that supports layer is ok as our output is going to be .png anyway. Check the alpha for examples. :)

Guest drewid

I really like the new brush and selection modes in PS 7. I'm gradually using it more for specific stuff.

Still expensive for what it is though.

Now if someone would only do a pc version of dpaint 5 :D

Edited by drewid