XCOMUFO & Xenocide

OK, I think I've come up with a scenario solid enough to tackle a lot of plot holes and problems.

Billions of years ago, the aliens decide to conduct an experiment. They wonder whether all life is destined to create intelligent life forms through evolution. They find a suitable planet (earth) and plant the planet with simple one celled organisms (prokaryotes).

In time, they set up the out post of Cynodia to observe the progress of the experiment. Periodically, they take certain samples of living organisms to understand the nature of the organism's evolution and the planet's progress. They try not to interfere with the planet as much as they can, because that would be disrupting the experiment, so they do not destroy that big meteor that wipes out all the dinasours (they see that some organisms will live through the cataclysm, so they don't see any reason to stop it from happening).

Then humans come along, an intelligent race with a society structure much different than that of aliens. While the aliens are based on a hive like society, humans are divided, and much more individualistic.

As time goes on, the aliens observe the humans make war on one another. After World War II, the aliens realise that the individualistic nature of humans (as well as their divided culture) will jeapordize the experiment: the humans will manage to destroy themselves completely, maybe the whole planet as well. In order to get them unified, the aliens plan this grand act: a continous assault that will ultimately force humans to work together and bring the divided cultures together against the "common enemy".

Unfortunately, instead of setting differences aside and working as a race (as opposed to working as different cultures), the humans keep their different "countries" organisation and form a special combat unit to fight off the aliens: X-Com. The aliens, because of their hive nature, can not figure out why this grand assault should not work, and believe that eventually the different cultures/countries will realise just funding an organisation to fight aliens is not enough, that the world needs to unite against the enemy.

The aliens also don't think that X-Com has the slightest chance of defeating them because it is not a "unified" force.

This scenario explains a lot of things I can think of:

-Why can the aliens accomodate in our world: Simply because they chose a world (the earth) with similar terra properties to their original planet.

-Why do they conduct abduction missions: Because they want to learn about the progress of their experiment (so they abduct humans and animals alike).

-Why do they conduct terror missions: Because they think the more the humans fear the aliens, the faster they will unite under one rule with a single purpose.

-Why don't they just blow the whole thing up: Because it is their experiment, and they have put A LOT OF TIME into it.

-Why did they suddenly go aggressive right about now: Because they have realised, after WW II, that the strange nature of humans may destroy their experiment. This grand assault is actually a slap on the hand (from their perspective).

-If the new game has it, why do they attack special sites (like statue of liberty, museums, and Eiffel Tower): Because they believe these are symbols of individuality or cultural/national difference.

I am sure my scenario has a lot of problems, but I am not good at criticising myself, so any response (up to and above flaming) is welcome.

OK, but why alert us to their presence(sp?), couldnt they have used another life form (perhaps on earth to unite us? by showing their existance they have jepordised the project by altering our knowledge, letting us steal tech.

Maybe there was another reason for them jepordising the mission, maybe they were desperate for supplies, due to some war or something?

My explanation would be that we were created as an experiment to create a 'superior species'. The aliens decide to harvast us every so often to take samples etc. They decide to take us over before we are fully evolved so they can control us but wish to do so slowly as to not affect the process.

Maybe tou could explain how they have done this before with the dinosaurs (that one in TFTD, and a similar one in UFO)?

Big prob 4 them though, we become equal to them (not quite superior yet)

The thing is, that is truly a surprise attack: the aliens do not expect the humans to ever get enough knowledge to actually launch a frontal assault on Cynodia. They think that as long as the humans remain divided as they are, they will never have enough resources or strength to drive the aliens away.

The aliens have planned it like this: they will defeat X-Com, or outnumber it, so at last all the countries set their differences aside and pour all their resources and manpower to defeating the aliens. The aliens have planned a grand finale for this moment: they will act out a cataclysmic defeat and leave the experiment to go on.

I am aware that this kinda disagrees with the attack of humans on Cynodia, but it actually agrees more than any other scenario I've heard so far. The attack on Cynodia is a desperate attempt, it's like Aragorn riding out to break the siege in LOTR or something. The aliens do not expect it, do not think humans are capable of doing it (as long as they remain divded that is).

And the aliens in Apoc are the slap on the head I believe (though that's totally another issue). Remember that those guys had Sectoids as captives/slaves.

Don't they know we will change back afterwards? Well, maybe they can't see that angle. You see, they are a hive based society. They believe that's the best way for a race to function. The humans have not realised this yet, so this "encounter" with aliens will make them experience the unified society, and because aliens think this is the best possible society, they think the humans will keep the organisation and not throw it away. Besides, they think they can always come for more "slapping of the hands" if they need to.

About stealing tech or sending some strange species and not themselves: Well, I didn't think about this, but maybe these Sectoids are underlings and what we see is an inferior technology. Maybe the aliens in X-Com Apoc are the ones orchestrating this whole thing and using Sectoids as puppets. I still don't know why they use their technology, maybe they don't think human nature is capable of understanding it, maybe they think this small advancement in technology is not disrupting the experiment so much (it's probably getting us a thousand years ahead at most, compare that to billions of years...), maybe they just wanted to what they can to get us back in line and they accepted the fact that we would get some of their technology (sacrificing something for the greater good).

You may also notice that this story entirely skips the TFTD part of the series, I may come up with an explanation that includes what happened there, but TFTD feels liek the orphan in the series and nobody seems to care about the story line over there (TFTD storyline is pretty much self contained anyway).

Thx for the input, I hope I have made some things clear (or maybe a bit logical?). Feel free to argue back pls.

It'd also completely ignore the interceptor part of the storyline. If the aliens had such advanced technology, they could definately hold any part of space they wanted.

Hmmm. To tell the truth I never played (and know nothing of) any other game in the series except Ufo Defense, TFTD and Apoc. I guess I have ruled out stuff like interceptor and enforcer since they are so "alien" to the series.

The question is, what is the story of Xenocide willing to accept? Do we pretend that TFTD never happened or will never happen? What about Apoc and other games? Does the story of Xenocide have to somehow set the ground for these games?

I think my scenario has Apoc pretty much covered (or let me say kinda) but... the other stuff...

As I said, I am purposefully ignoring/bypassing TFTD, for I think TFTD is contained within itself. If I were making the story line for TFTD, I wouldn't even relate the aliens to the ones in Ufo Defense and keep them separate. Oh well, guess I was too young to be of help back then...

At the moment, TFTD elements seem more likely to be entered than Apoc elements.

Personally, I would like apoc elements to be added too, so long as there are NO VEINS!!!!! Those were the most annoying eyesores throughout the ufopedia.

Maybe because the brain knew it was a risk as t'leth could seriously contaminate earth, and they used it as last resort option only. Or maybe these ancient aliens were not reliably controllable?

I don't think aliens want us to unify against them. After few missions [X-com] proves to be a threat, later a major one. What if whole planet was fighting back unified?

They would rather need earth and humans as resources because our solar system is quite desolate in other parts. Maybe a distand referring to a great war against another huge alien empire would be suitable here(or too cliche?). This was in lost game -movie. And they have weapons everywhere, everything is militaristic, all this developed for fghting mere apes? Something only the commanders have heard rumors of. Brain is the only one that knows and aliens are informed on a need-to-know basis.

Aliens could have need for our system as outpost or something... Far reaches of galaxy, insignificant place, long ago aliens scouted barren earth and one happened to spit?

That is just my point of wiew... Please be kind :unsure:

Far reaches of galaxy, insignificant place, long ago aliens scouted barren earth and one happened to spit?

:alienlol:

Or maybe one of them went :puke:

:)

That's really an interesting approach to this scenario, but it does point out something: why do the aliens bother with an experiment that takes so long to do and what's the point in it all?

The thing about X-Com being a major threat later is, what I understand from the UFOpedia entries, X-Com is not able to cope with the alien assault towards the end of the game. I know we all kick their donkey all around the globe, but the UFOpedia entires draw a bleak picture in which aliens are attacking all over the globe, X-Com team is unable to get enough man power to fight them all at once, so X-Com comes up with this last desparate attempt to strike at the brain and hope the aliens get scattered, leaderless.

Anyway that's what I get. And I still believe my scenario better explains why the aliens do not blow everything up than the scenario of "they just want to harvest us"

Actually, my idea was that the aliens would be fighting an unstoppable super evil race (all aliens are evil!) and they need to enslave humanity to survive. But the overmind on mars is only given a limited number of ships and soldiers, so he can't subjugate us all at once. He has to bide his time, building up his forces for invasion.

The aliens are obviously not very numerous(at least in our solar system). They want mankind to be slaved for some ultimate purpose (war). It is much more fun and use to have 6000000000 slaves than 6000000000 corpses. That is why they don't kill everything even if they could. Reproducing those numbers would take a long time even for snakemen and it is just not efficient.

Normal armies are not a threat to them (as explained in original manual) so they ignore them and work towards relatively peaceful solution (politically control everything behind scenes by pacts and cloned hybrids before doing anything too radical) Only small-scale attacks against not co-operative countries and [X-com] are needed to make governments accept. It is always best to avoid direct confrontation when you can have victory otherways. When they have enough power and spies amongst leaders all around the globe, it is easy to gradually dismiss armies and make people work for them. Humans realize they are slaves far too late to do anything...

And i don't want to be an experiment. An long-forgotten accident like that :puke: would suit me better as it is not scary to be a misbehaving child needing a little :spank:

Am i making any sense?

Hey! This is already going on... Weapon limitations! No Big nukes, no landmines, USA has been attacking and NATO expanding! They are puppets for aliens! When no-one other has military power NATO forces are dismissed and humans are slaves! :whatwhat:

Hmmm. A difficult dilemna. To be :puke: or to be :spank:

BTW, you are making a lot of sense, it's kinda sick (and demeaning) to think we are the experiment of a superior race.

Bad thing is, a lot of things actually support a case like that. Things like pyramids, and... stuff...

I mean, we still don't know how the first cell came to life. All we can say right now is "And then there was the cell". It's like this HUGE step up from self replicating molecules to the cell and it's all a shady area for us (still).

I mean, we still don't know how the first cell came to life.

We're getting there. Ever heard of the primordial soup?

It was a mix of carbon, water, and other stuff. Early earth was full of it. When a current is passed through it, it forms simple organic compounds. The organic compound mixed to become protocells, (which can't really be called cells) which then evolved from there.

Protocells had a billion years to do become cells, so the odds are pretty good.

From primordial soup of organic compounds into protocells is more a leap than from first bacteria to human. That is really the unknown part and some alien blood spilled at that time might really be handy...

If i take elements from J.I. :s story:

Why not explain that aliens "contaminated" earth with their cells as they visited? Maybe this has happened more than once. Earth has suffered many times such catasthrophes as the one that killed dinosaurs. 20 T'leths out there?!? Or aliens waged their war around here and fired their death star -wannabe every once in a while. This frequent visit theory would explain pyramid-kind of stuff and genetic similarities, carbon-based and pibedal they are (mostly). They didn't invade earth right away as they were tied in their war or were waiting for proficiently developed slaves. And reinforcements could be thousands of years away.

Basically aliens planted earth with life, sent small squads every few millenia to check progress and turn evolution into desired, and when human was developed enough, invade and subjugate. Only problem i find is why didn't they just drop a few snakemen to multiply and fill the earth?

Having little sectoids doing the banana dance in my eyes... :happybanana: Sorry about posting krap when too tired...

• 3 weeks later...

how about this:

the researchship t'leth start an experiment on planet earth like Jonaleth Irenicus said.

then it flies away to do other... hmm stuff (you now there much research to do in this times). then they come back to look for the progress on earth. they harvest the creatures (jey its Dino-time) and want to fly back home. After entering the orbit of earth the engines suddenly crash and T'leth plays fireball, wiping out all higher life on earth.

After recieving no further messages of T'leth, the aliens start another ship. (You ask why rescue them? 1. T'leth wasn't exactly "small" 2. T'leth found an alternative energysource to elirium, Zrbit)

They build the outpost Cynodia but don't find

T'leth... but they find us (the experiment). Insert Jonaleth Irenicus scenario;)

At the end of XCOM1 they suddenly find a trace of T'lrth on earth during on of their raids. But its too late. XCOM land on amrs and attack the outpost. The last thing that brain do, is to activate the transmitter before it dies....

maybe thats a good implementation of TFTD

and why not snakeman? well I think we have proven that we are better both in combat and in psi...

• 2 months later...

my understanding of the story was that all the different races on the games were all sub caadories of an unseen master race

the x-com 1 aliens attack us so they can solve their food crisis they have now got

X-com2 is revenge implemented by activating t`leth (something they were trying to do in X-com 1 but we didnt find out)

X-com 3 is anouther brance of the tree attacking us after enslaving the remenents of X-com 1

X-com 4 is the X-com 1 aliens attempt to rebuild there society after the X-copm 3 aliens destroyed it hence them not being able to wipe us out

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
my understanding of the story was that all the different races on the games were all sub caadories of an unseen master race

the x-com 1 aliens attack us so they can solve their food crisis they have now got

X-com2 is revenge implemented by activating t`leth (something they were trying to do in X-com 1 but we didnt find out)

X-com 3 is anouther brance of the tree attacking us after enslaving the remenents of X-com 1

X-com 4 is the X-com 1 aliens attempt to rebuild there society after the X-copm 3 aliens destroyed it hence them not being able to wipe us out

X-com 4? They're trying to rebuild by building a big weapon to destroy the solar system in 1 shot? I think thats revenge not reconstruction. BTW. X-com 4 happened before X-com 3.

in my oppinion....

the master brain have an empire of aliens. But he is not alone. He fight the Vaaish, or some other alien race, that he have alot of troubles with. He need soldiers. Therefore, he goes to earth. Before he didn't care about us, but now that we have quite some technology and intelligence (first nuclear bomb expolsion), he sends out a craft to mars, to construct a base. Their mission is to not only bring terror to the population so they surrender to the alien forces, but also harvest Earth for its rich soil. If someone is opposing the aliens, they are allowed to kill. But big dissarsters are not their way to do it. That kinda describes my point of view.

in my oppinion....

the master brain have an empire of aliens. But he is not alone. He fight the Vaaish, or some other alien race, that he have alot of troubles with. He need soldiers. Therefore, he goes to earth. Before he didn't care about us, but now that we have quite some technology and intelligence (first nuclear bomb expolsion), he sends out a craft to mars, to construct a base. Their mission is to not only bring terror to the population so they surrender to the alien forces, but also harvest Earth for its rich soil. If someone is opposing the aliens, they are allowed to kill. But big dissarsters are not their way to do it. That kinda describes my point of view.

So you mean its kind of a training mission for their troops, and additionally a way of getting a few billion more soldiers quickly (cloning may take more time) and some new DNA for use in genetically creating some new species.

I also have not played anything beyond the first and third titles, so maybe there are already answers to my thoughts.

But I've been wondering, given this scenario too, why they just didn't seed Earth during our more primitive years (they could have done so very easily if take over was their objective) via the use of those creatures that propogate fast, the Chryssalis, the Snakemen, that hovering ball of jelly that also replicates.

If there is a reason why they didn't, I'd have to say that they were in the midst of a failed experiment or had to leave. They simply could not get the genetic material (in enough quantities, or there were too many incompatibilities). And what creatures did show promise (the Chryssalis) probably had too short a lifespan to be of use if they were amassing an army to fight some other distant war that had nothing to do with us. They obviously had the ability to go anywhere but why come here? I think we were nothing more than the cosmic pit stop for them. Food and genetic material. I doubt very much that anything coming close to elerium or alien alloys could be procured here, so we're just livestock to them or slave labor (still begs the question, then what are we building for them if we're slaves? Its why I think we were a pit stop. Once subdued, materials could be shipped in).

I think that as far as Earth being invaded goes in the storyline, if we were a part of this experiment of theirs, it partly must have gone awry because we were at the brink of destroying one another, so there is a point there, though I think its a tad weak (I do think the point of them having been here billions of years developing themselves is a far stretch...again, why not invade during the Roman Empire's reign or before? We were much more primitive then and clearly no match).

I mean, the whole thing with Cydonia in the plot suggests its older than dirt its self which is why I'm at a loss.

I'm much more likely to buy that:

1. Our genetic material was becoming compatible after long years of them being away (I think they left for many years then came back and is why they couldn't subdue us in our primitive times)

2. Then of course, they couldn't harvest us so easily as they'd hoped. (We then had many governments and armies - then X-COM was formed.)

3. I don't think they cared whether we had a hive intelligence like them or not (their purpose wasn't assimilation into their culture, but domination), but I will say they probably didn't count on our individuality in our evolution. So they had to adapt their mission to incorporate infiltration and step up abductions. I think these factors for them to be paramount because swaying the population at that point was a serious task and more time consuming than they wanted it to be. The old game stipulates that we were losing a war, but I think in actuality they didn't have as many resources as we were led to believe (think of the late game here when after you've taken out all the bases, your consistantly able then to nail incoming ships and slow alien pacts with countries prior to Cydonia). Their direct assaults were starting to fail, so infiltration and abdution become more important then and the brain had to conserve.

4. The aliens hoped their Earth pit stop would be ripe for plucking when they returned, and because they were on the cosmic milk run, they didn't bring more than one brain to our solar system (the one at Cydonia). The rest of their military was bogged down elsewhere (I presume this is where your interceptor and other x-com plots come in - I'm also not that familiar with TFTD's plot other than the big ship)

5. With the super weapon stuff (this was TFTD right?), I tend to think the only reason for them to think of using them on us at all was because they were facing more than one front, us, and whoever else they might be fending off elsewhere.

6. Apocalypse: Not sure what to make of the alien dimention stuff and where it fits even though I've played the game. The only thing that strikes me is about alien appearance, how they look vastly different. I guess its because they're from somewhere else :) I need to read that ufopedia and think more on this one.

Again I'm unsure what the ufopedia says about TFTD and interceptor onward, but this is just my take on things starting with X-COM and is how I might flesh things out from it to explain things better.

Edited by Snakeman

Yeah, the aliens are from another dimension :hammer: and not related to the original's aliens in any way (from what I understand of it, anyway). After all, the Apoc baddies use Sectoids as a delicacy! :0

Anyway, I did have this strange idea of kind of mixing a bunch of the elements from the 3 main games into one unique, original storyline: an alternate dimension is the lifeblood of time and space as we know it, each living being contains a trace amount of an energy element that radiates from said previously unknown dimension (which I thought could explain latent psi powers), and the entire universe is threatened with suddenly collapsing in on itself due to some unknown anomaly (later discovered to be caused by the aliens and their strange pyramid structures). A couple hours later, I finally decided that story was pure rubbish and strayed too far from Xenocide's main goal, so I buckled down. :)

Maybe we can go with the idea that the aliens themselves have existed for untold eons--even before such things as time, space, and definition came to be, perhaps as something higher than crude living matter (Einstein's theory of "leaving the body to elevate to an energy-based state, anyone)? Bah, here's my overview:

The "aliens" began as the first conscious form of life in "The Being," the state of form only explainable as...well, The Being--the universe at a time when mental being first was able to manifest itself. Thus, life begins as merely a state of thought, lost in a void of sorts.

Unconsciously, these beings sought to discover the meaning of their existence, and wind up destroying themselves in the process (?), somehow spawning the birth of a truly physical realm millions upon millions of years later as long-forgotten energies (the ethereal presence of the ancient beings) seep through the cracks of another facet of space/time, thus defining the boundaries to the enclosed space that is our physical dimension.

Years upon years later, inexplicable events lost to time took place, gradually shaping the cosmos as we've come to know it. Physical objects manifest themselves in the darkness of an ever-expanding universe, growing denser and more complex with time. Somehow, some way, life springs forth from the void of non-existence.

The aliens grow from this strange process, slowly rising through years of constant evolution on several far-off, seperated planets, each race changing with exposure to the varying elements. Simple organisms steadily give way to larger, more complex creatures, and, hundreds of millions of years later, intelligent life suddenly dwells in this new "hole" in space/time. Unaware of the existence of their own kind, scattered about the countless galaxies, these beings begin to erect social structures of their own.

Some adopt a more hive-like societal structure in order to best survive their harsher environments, while others create vast civilizations complete with advanced governments and legal systems. Uncounted years of progress, growth, development, and learning pass, as massive changes in the way these new beings perceive life itself take root. While a few distant aliens adopt a more primitive, brutal means of survival, the ones that thrive due to more favorable conditions learn the value of intellect and morals. Soon, they attempt to analyze the very source of their existence, the genetic code, in the hopes of discovering from where they came, and how.

Others, located on distant, unhospitable planets, take shelter from the elements, desperately trying to keep records of their histories, logging their difficult adversities and the ways they are overcome should they be needed in the future. Time wears away the planets they dwell upon, stars are born, shift, fade, and die.

Intellectually advanced, some aliens achieve remarkable, groundbreaking technological advancements, using materials harvested from the very ground upon which they stand. Hoping to find the answer to their countless mysteries among the stars, they take flight using experimental space-faring vessels. Many sacrifices occur over the years in order to achieve their goal, but in enduring, they manage to conquer the odds. The stars are theirs, along with the promise of undoubtedly gaining more knowledge about the ever-changing cosmos that surrounds them.

Working in strict, bee-like societies, some aliens develop in certain ways of their own. Technology strives, feeding an insatiable desire for knowledge, for advancement. Tall buildings of gleaming metal scrape the skies, and artificial eyes gaze upon endless carpets of twinkling diamonds above them. Nations are formed, alliances made and broken, conflicts waged as they struggle for their planet's precious, limited resources. Powerful weapons are constructed as catalysts for their wars.

Soon, some of the space-faring aliens make an interesting discovery--life, existing upon many other planets! Desperately, they broadcast excited messages back home, looking to somehow initiate contact with these strange, peculiar beings. Are they intelligent? Savage? Time only seems to hold the answer.

The cave-dwellers brave the burning heat of the many suns to get a closer look at these strange machinations dancing in the seething skies. The older ones spoke of shining objects of stone that sung an otherworldly tune as they zoomed through the air, their movements swift and catlike. Though many fear their coming, the wiser ones rejoice--perhaps someone would help them thrive?

Law can be harsh, or so some of them learned over time. Punishment comes with a high cost. Naysaying, erronious rumors...it all came to a head sooner or later. With talk of strange objects darting through the skies, one could easily become concerned for the public's socital well-being. Such things should never get in the way of education, or development. They'd have to learn that.

*sigh* That's enough of my "backstory." If it sounds patchy, that's because it's supposed to. If it sounds vague and ambigous, well, that's because that's the way I'd intended. If it's spelled and written poorly--well, that's because it's 3:34 am and I'm bloody tired. :) Not that this will get anywhere, I thought it sounded different. Props to whoever can name off the different races I'm talking about in that "overview." ;) Come on, guess! You'd be surprised...

Anyway, I meant to describe the "universe" in a strange, different way. After all, no form of life I can imagine truly knows where it came from or how--maybe I'll piece that together tomorrow night. Still haven't figured out how we get to the grand art of killing each other. Again, that'll wait for tomorrow night.

Until then--cheers!

I didn't address the alien cloning stuff, but my thoughts on that is basically that they were cut off (the more than one front thing in their war), and that they had to deal with an unexpected enemy, X-COM (which you could say also threatened to unite the planet against the aliens - this thought probably wouldn't occur to anyone but the brain when it saw that blaster launcher coming at him at the end having been overconfident in its abilities before :))

Humans probably wouldn't realize the importance of uniting together unless or until it was more widely known on our planet that we were not alone in the universe, and they happened to discover they were hostile (but I digress).

So I think that primarily, their clones were meant for a fight some place else. They never expected they'd wish they had them ready to take us on :) You could say that the master brain's arrogance then stemmed from the fact it was sure it would have us stalled long enough bickering amongst our governments to have that army made and ready to crush us.

Still just addressing the first appearance stuff mainly here though, not that TFTD or other plots yet. Will try to read the Apoc backstory to see if I can make sense of it.

Here's my theory: These superbrains are probably the most well psi-equipped beings in the galaxy. They developed enough technology to travel to a neighboring star and then somehow managed to take over the indigenous species. Then they used their technology to develop implants that would allow the superbrains to much more easily control species.

Here's another idea...

That the Ethereals (who seem to command all the other races) are working on a great project which is so big that half the galaxy is somehow incorparated into their work.

Then an accident happens, and an asteroid plows into a jungle planet ruled by gaint reptiles. Amazing, out the ashes, an intelligent race (thats us) emerges.

Unfortunately for the Ethereals, this throws their great plans out of kilter. So they send their minions to find out what went wrong and find how to fix the problem.

If the entire human race gets mutated or wiped out in the process, oh well...

I actually wrote a short story about it (shows how much time I have on my hand's, doesn't it?). Just read the attached file and see what you think of it.

Instruments_Of_The_Gods.pdf

I'd rather not keep earth as anything special. More like that our "friends" came here exploring when earth was still young.

One etherial commander declared earth as part of their great empire... stared into volcanic empty terrain, shrugged and spat into nearby pond before taking off to report of another distant worthless new planet. A few millenia later a primitive bacterial lifeform crawls out of the same steaming little mudhole and after a while we have a human. No-one notices or remembers our insignificant planet, until some interesting EM-radiation is accidentally detected. A scouting party is sent to investigate, [connect roswell here] survivors report of potential slaves and rest is history.

Hmm, that sounds pretty good. However, we should make the aliens seem a little less like...er...aliens. Usually, the way pop-culture generally portrays them, aliens are usually your standard meglomanical bad guys. Just throw a bizarre religious underpinning to their motivations or something of the sort, give said motivation some sufficient backstory, and you've got yourself a unique cause for their invasion. We all know that the aliens want to take over the earth--the question we need to answer and make tangible, is "why." Edited by The Master Maniac

How about: the same reason mega-corporations (aka Wallmart) go exploit people in poorer countries, for profit...

A Corporation needs no justification, it's got the mentality of a psychopath (Self-centered, absolutely no remorse, denial of responsibility, no respect for the laws unless as an expense, etc. that's exactly what a psycopath is)

My point is, the aliens discovered us, they need to enslave another race to better themselves with whatever role humans can fill in their collective, especially if they're already at war with extra-dimensionnal beings :D

How about: the same reason mega-corporations (aka Wallmart) go exploit people in poorer countries, for profit...

A Corporation needs no justification, it's got the mentality of a psychopath (Self-centered, absolutely no remorse, denial of responsibility, no respect for the laws unless as an expense, etc. that's exactly what a psycopath is)

That's pretty much how the entire human race is. :boohoo: . And aliens if they are mentally similar in any way will probably be the same. This isn't the original Star Trek where every planet they go to is populated by pacifist superbeings (I don't dislike Star Trek, I just think it's unrealistic.).

By definition, in a corporation, no one can be accounted responsible because they are alwasy pressured in a vicious circle: The CEO is responsible in front of the stockholders, who want profit and not be bothered with the details, so the CEO will be replaced if he doesn't do everything to maximise profits, so he gives orders to do so, and underlings do, oh, little thing individually, or else they would not be doing their job properly and would be fired... As a whole it turns out to be the foulest, evilest thing imaginable... That's what we call a corporation...

What's more, barring injury (unforeseen dangers), or illness (bad admin), corporations are immortal...

That's why I think the aliens in UFO are not truly "Evil", nothing really is, they are just convinced they are doing the "best" thing for us, assimillation into their collective... (sounds knda like the Borg, does'nt it? :alientalk: )

^_^

And it is highly likely that they are deeply annoyed and upset by our arrogance... After all they are much older and advanced race.

Imagine a herd of chimpanzees would slaughter a human research team, capture some and make humiliating and inhumane experiments to them. [insert Roswell here also] It would provoke some action for sure.Tthe aliens have high thoughts of themselves and we are an inferior race in their eyes, and they have not much of morale... retaliation raid. The old conquering way.

Guest alex the greater

yah maby the etheals are a race of greedy, paranoid, and calos(all the worst human trats magnfied) bisnismen

thare government is a giant mega conglomirite whit holdings in the quadrillyons of credits

over the years thay have "bought out" many civalsations including the greys, the floaters, the moutons, and the snakemen

and now thay have just set thare eyes on a nice blue planet in the soal sysem

what was its name aggen? dirt or mud or something like that

Guest alex the greater
Then again, third world children sometimes fight back... some call tehm terrorists, others call them patriots... It's all in the eye of the beholder.

good point

but unlike terrorists we dount take the figt back to thare doorsteps

thats the deffrence between terrorists and patriots.

patriots dount go to the enamys homland and punnish punnesh inocent pepple to prove a point

Edited by alex the greater

Then again, third world children sometimes fight back... some call tehm terrorists, others call them patriots... It's all in the eye of the beholder.

good point

but unlike terrorists we dount take the figt back to thare doorsteps

thats the deffrence between terrorists and patriots.

patriots dount go to the enamys homland and punnish punnesh inocent pepple to prove a point

It strikes me as we shouldn't be getting into the differences between terrorists and patriots, please cease and desist ^_^

Edited by Azrael