XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - COMPLETED MUSIC - My Music For Download

Okey here is my latest music piece

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/matti.hotti/R...ness_Within.mp3 (comment by ATeX: LINK BROKEN)

And here is the older one

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/matti.hotti/R...no%20sample.mp3

Just remember that they are not finished yet! Some feedback would be nice...

Edited by ATeX

Sounds amazing!

Your latest one would fit well for the geoscape... just the right kind of moody calm yet agitated ambient design ;P

The other one is quite good two... you got some very nice moods set and I love the sounds as well...

What are you working with? I already started making some tunage demo for no particular part of the game... tell me what you think ;P

Looking forward to work with you!

Guest drewid

Nice. If the music is context sensetive we could use th first bit of darkness within for general geoscape, then the second bit for intercepts?

I like the menacing chords at the beginning. and icy tingling bell would go over nicely or a high lonely string.

After the build-up you could mix back down to just the "heartbeat" synth chords with for tension. ( like the last bit only emptier. x-cen will tell you I like sounds with space in them)

Walter Murch (sound editor for "Apocalypse Now" among many other things) has a rule he uses about always trying to work back down to silence after a big full soundscape, and how "it's better to play too little that too much."

It's a great film for it's sound, listen to the bit where they get jumped by the tiger, it's really chilling....and the bit by the bridge where "the roach" takes out the VC taunting them . you'll see what he means about the working towards silence thing......sorry,I'm getting carried away..... I love his work.

Definitely worth a listen tho :-)

You sure know how to create a x-com environment with those music pieces.

It really touched my musical sense, and not many music pieces succeed in that.

It contains darkness, sinister, a eery feeling... it really touched me it's so good.

The second song reminds me a bit of the X-COM: Apocalypse city music

You really know how to bring x-com. Recruit this guy, he's good! :D

Nice to hear that they were liked... Here is latest song that i have been working on, tho i had some fever and terrible headache so didnt get much done :( .

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/matti.hotti/R..._-_Untitled.mp3

Oh and i use various tracker programs to makes these, mostly sk@le and ft2...

I have to agree with everybody on this. I gave the music the best test I could think up: Listening to it while actually playing xcom, specifically while working in the geoscape and waiting for ufos. I like!

Guest drewid

I'm listening to that seond opiece (from your first post ) again.

what would the melody line sound like with a "hammered dulcima" instrument instead

just a thought, might sound too old, but it's a good spooky sound.

-Drewid

Has anyone heard of a group called Delerium? They have a album called Faces, Forms, and Illusions which is pure Xcom, especially the track Dark star which is perfect for geoscape. I guess something in the style of them would be cool as we couldn't use their music.

Raven, your last link doesnt work for me atm... :(

Trackers? Good! I use these too... however the ones you mentionned are kinda outdated :) Perhaps I could interest you in checking out a brand new tracker that is currently being developed: Psycle.

This is the one I use currently and it's really great! It's got midi and VST compatibility... check it out if you want:

psycle.pastnotecut.org - FreeWare!

Server must be down because i cant download them either. Well gotta try from ftp later. Psycle i gotta try that. Ft2 is old i admid, as old as UFO Defence :) . Sk@le is totally new. Actually it is beta stage still, thats why i need Ft2.

Delerium, never heard of them. Do they have samples of their music for download somewhere?

Hmm download seems to work now if you click at the url and use save as, but for atleast getright it doenst work.

Yeah there is two kinds of trackers in this world Ft2 and Impulse trackers ;) . I started tracking with Ft2 so i feel like home when i use it. Tho i have used modplug tracker and mad tracker. I have impulse tracker, but never bothered to learn use it.