No replies to this topic

#1 aquila

aquila

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:05 AM

Okay so I chase a scout until it lands, and then I land with my skyranger. Tank moves out first, then it uncovers one of those pathetic little purple one-man apollo capsules. And then I laugh to myself, haha it will be easy (I was expecting something bigger than the tiny scout). So a rocket girl and a sharpshooter move out, ready kick some green a*&. But guess what. The muton had other ideas. Next turn some shots came out of a building, and killed my poor, little and very obsolete rocket tank. So rocket girl levels the building almost completely with 3 largerockets. Still don't win. He must be crawling around half dead somewhere, still clutching at his heavy plasma looking through the bushes at my shocked not-so-crack troops in blue suits. Then I move my sharpshooter forward and he spots the muton. The captain back in the skyranger mind probes it, and it turns out it has 13 life left, and almost completely choked to death in smoke. So I think to myself, in 2 turns he drops. So I move my soldiers back, and click 3 or 4 times on next turn. But guess what. I still don't win. And guess something else. On the 8th or 9th turn, the muton emerges with a dying growl out of the bushes and takes 3 shots at my sharpshooter. I was totally lucky that he got a low roll, he only did 10 or so damage with a heavy plasma, my guy was only wearing blue armour. Then my sharpshooter takes a snap shot and the muton falls to the ground, lifeless.

Lesson learned: Never underestimate mutons, not even one! He could have owned both my rocket girl and sharpshooter on a higher difficulty probably (am playing ironman experienced). I was lucky to only pull out a stretcher for the medical ward, and not a coffin. But the muton still had the last laugh 'cause now I have to buy a new tank worth almost half a million. Shame :)