More Questions About Apoc On Xp

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ninja22_*

Guest_Ninja22_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:00 PM

ok so i can start it normally, but its real sluggish, sound terrible and then after the microprose introduction appears and disappears, screen goes blank and says "svga card error" or something like that. Now clue wat that means, so i try in dosbox, i have the cd of this but i dont know if im putting it in right in the command prompt (if anyone could give me a quick rundown just so i can double check im doin it right) and then get to the xcomapoc.exe where it should run the game, and it just says when the game was made, the company, and other bs. if anyone could help it was great. thanks

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:58 AM

try the svga fix: http://www.xcomufo.com/x3svga.zip

Have you actually installed the game yet? You can't just run it from the CD.
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 Guest_ninja22_*

Guest_ninja22_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

yea ive installed it but theres something with the amount of buffers/files that might not be right, since it was the only thing highlighted in red during the installation process. so are you saying i can't run it from the cd using dosbox or can? thanks

#4 Guest_ninja22_*

Guest_ninja22_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:06 PM

thanks for the svga fix, it no longer shows up now, but its still slow as heck and now just shuts down after the microprose introduction... all i gotta say is that this game better damn well be worth the trouble.

#5 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

VMDsound fixes the files/buffers thing as far as I can recall.
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

Reply to this topic