XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XC-2 StarFire & XC-22 Eclipse

Crix Dorius

he*ll did you wrote all the stuff in a day, I wasnt here for one day and wow there was a quite discussion... :)

Crix, whole modification is very good, You can round the canopy for a better look I think, could be but not a big thing anyway. great job there, you made everybody happy with the model now :) (I also think that it looks more hybird now)

just one question, what happened to my door? back ramp I mean... :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Drewid, Its just that the current avenger doesn't look much more advanced than the firestorm/lightning duo. Hmm, as a side note: Could we make it so that avengers show up later? Just to extend the service life of your Lightnings and Firestorms.

not mine mate:).

I'm being brief in all my posts at the moment cos I'm really busy at work and not getting much free time.

Nearly at the end of it now though - hooray.

These designs seem to be getting some of the feel of the genesis concept stuff. no bad thing I think, It's a good direction to be heading in.

Edited by drewid

I love it!

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Drewid, Its just that the current avenger doesn't look much more advanced than the firestorm/lightning duo. Hmm, as a side note: Could we make it so that avengers show up later? Just to extend the service life of your Lightnings and Firestorms.

I agree, like in TFTD ultimate aircraft must show up later, in UFO it was too easy to reach Avenger and it was making others obsolete, and this isn't good...

Personally, I think is should have a different texture to the avenger. I think that in the level 2 craft we are just learning how to add alien alloys to craft. By the avenger, we should know how to use them almost perfectly. So instead of this patchwork (no offense, it is great) texture, we could use something smoother, like a ufo's texture. Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Vaaish I've got a reskinned version of your original avenger with the 'broken glass' texture as you call it and it looks much more advanced so try it out with that texture (I'll fire it over to you).

Cpl. F we'd actually planned on using Crix's texture for the ufo's as well only a little less height on the bump mapping as not only does it all fit together with the CT of the alien alloy (with it being grown) but the iridium sheen works really well with some edges to work with. It looks horrible on a flat surface.

The thing is the humans learned very early on how to use the alien alloys (when they're first researched) and unless we have an ongoing research item to refine them it'd look a bit weird to have them change towards the end of the game. People coming fresh to the game would wonder what the Avenger is made of as its not made of the same stuff as the rest of the ufo's and hybrid craft.

Vaaish I've got a reskinned version of your original avenger with the 'broken glass' texture as you call it and it looks much more advanced so try it out with that texture (I'll fire it over to you).

Cpl. F we'd actually planned on using Crix's texture for the ufo's as well only a little less height on the bump mapping as not only does it all fit together with the CT of the alien alloy (with it being grown) but the iridium sheen works really well with some edges to work with. It looks horrible on a flat surface.

The thing is the humans learned very early on how to use the alien alloys (when they're first researched) and unless we have an ongoing research item to refine them it'd look a bit weird to have them change towards the end of the game. People coming fresh to the game would wonder what the Avenger is made of as its not made of the same stuff as the rest of the ufo's and hybrid craft.

ok great, send it off. If you have problems with my email address PM me.

BTW I've moved back to the avenger thread for new work on it.

Ok, you are right.

I actually made a mistake with what I was saying, I was thinking that the avenger should have a different texture from the lightning/firestorm. Because, I figure that by the avenger, we have learned to fully manipulate alien alloys for our benefit.

Sorry about what I said above, its fixed now. :)