XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Artifact Sites

Heat

On the beginning of each month, u discover an alien artifact site. The problem is it only lasts on the map for like an hour, meaning u HAVE TO attack it or it disappears. Now i alrdy missed the 2nd one cos i just get too many freakin mission (I am playing the 2nd hardest lvl). My question is what happens if u miss these artifact sites? I did a research wif one of the live aliens n it says something abt 12 artifact sites. So i am wondering if missing some of these missions has any effect on the overall game.

Hope u guys can help! thx!

But that's heck lotsa score. At about 500 or sumtin :(. Me, I never managed to beat any of those. I tried few times, but it ws just too hard :whatwhat:. But Im wondering about "12 Artifact Sites" too. Sounds scary :ph34r:

Ahh good to hear that missing them arent a big deal. Cos i am up to december n its freakin hard. Aliens colonies i've kept them to only 3 but in the last month 4 popped up! as well as base getting attacked just right after a longgggg mission while most of my troops r still out! I got through that but in every fight now i have to kept saving n loading back like 50 times! I been relying on the disruptor gun(the one that has way points) to blow everything up LOL cos thats basically the only thing i can beat all these lobsters etc, i get like 50 of them each mission!

I remember playing this game on the easiest or 2nd easiest lvl way back n didnt have that much trouble but this is really hard n takes a lot of time. Especially having to destory like 3 colonies n an artifact site each month while watching flying crafts n preventinbg ur base from getting attacked.

So any1 play on the harder lvls? How r u playing it n what do u use in the missions to beat the aliens wif all their mind ctl, lobsters, etc?

Wooot! I just got through december without having to goto 1 single mission :D

Altho i didnt goto a mission no1 reduced their funding maybe cos i kept the aliens craft pinned at the 2 aliens bases that i am too lazy to destory :P Whereas the month b4 i went to many missions but i lost 3 countries. I figured that the most important thing arent destorying bases, its shooting down those infiltrating aircrafts. Does every agree wif this?

Something weird tho, i am not getting an artifact site at the beginning of the month anymore for some reason. Any ideas?

I would also wanna say thank a bunch to the ppl who run this site n forum n the ppl here, ur help n posts r very helpful :D Otherwise ppl like me would just sit here by myself being stuck :)

THANK YOU~! :D

It takes quite a bit of time for all 12 to appear. It took me 2 game years from the beginning. Unfourtnately I missed one because my triton was refueling, my barracudas were out on missions, and my leviathan was in the shop :(.

You still had a triton while you have at least one Leviathan?? :o First thing I do is scrap it, and get a second Leviathan :D

I never had 12 artefact sites appear, and I completed the game a few times now, but those that appeared I disposed of without further ado :naughty:

Never happened to me, but then again, I am rather easy on the stuff (I hardly ever make Blaster Bombs, for example, not because they cost too much but they make the game too easy ^_^ , and it saves a nice amount of E115)

Besides, your Triton still costs you $600k a month, your Leaviathan does not (okay, that late in the game money usually isn't a problem anymore, but hey)

Edited by j'ordos

I am stuck on the second stage of an artefact site I thought the first part was hard enough enough. Every turn I get Mced and killed by flying pulsers, I don't have MC yet, anyone have a tactic I can use?

Uhhm, run like héll??

Well, most of the time it's the same soldiers that get MC'd, so drop their weapons and park them somewhere hoping the aliens waste their time MC'ing them (if you can't get them to disarm anymore you might want to consider loading from the start of the second part again.

and sonic pulsers, well, keep your men apart from each other (no moving in a bunch) and try to throw some PD grenades on likely routes the aliens will take to you (if possible)

Edited by j'ordos

• 4 weeks later...

Disarm ANY of those who get mced, and do it with 2 guys alone, its possible :)

But still really hard, especially the center :/

After the mission u need 2 sell all those wo got mced and by new ones.

Btw, artifact sides are worth much more than 600, destroying the site alone is 750 points (not including aliens etc).

its 750 minus if u continue to level 2, but dont finish the mission.

• 1 year later...

2 guys alone is definitely possible. NKF has an XCOM 1 savegame somewhere on the forums where you raid a superhuman floater base with one guy in a T-shirt and a pistol, no grenades. Can't remember where that was though...

EDIT: But there's a BIG difference between floaters and lobstermen.

Edited by Arjuna

About the 12 artefact sites info:

What the heck does it matter? I mean, in TFTD, the aliens build bases LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW. I remember that someone mentioned this in a guide as exponential growth. Probably the only reason that they made the colony missions two parters was to make sure cleaning up colonies was a tedious amount of work (so people wouldn't attack so many colonies).

If I get an artefact site, I usually clean the first part, and do a little recon in the second, then quite the mission. Its seriously not worth the trouble (in the beginning).

• 1 year later...

Hey, you know the 12 artefact sites, it says they are the keys to awaken "the great dreamer". Now, whenever you get "Alien Activity Detected" and leave them for 12 sites do you lose the game?

And the reason why you lose so many points (2000!!) is that all those civilians in that vicinity automatically come under Molecular Control.. nasty :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a little problem with those artefact sites...i don't know what I have to destroy in the second level! I think it is possible to destroy all aliens in the complete area to finish the mission, but i hope there is a faster way. Maybe I just need to destroy a special room or something like that...compared to the command room in the alien base!

Anybody knows anything?

Thank You very much,

Frank!

in the center of the map there is a very large area, with a building in the middle. You go up the stairs, go up the gravlift thingies until you hit the 4th floor, and you can kill the synonium device. However the area around the building always has a few tentaculats and depending on difficulty level i can nearly guarantee you that on the third level on the building (there are stairs onto the 2nd level) in the area with the black things, there are tentaculats there too, so be careful

Hey,

thank You very much for your fast answer. I know the area, which you are talking about! I'm always sending my "tanks" there to kill all tentaculats first, then my aquanauts can follow. I thought I had destroyed the two machines on the 4th floor but when i left the area the mission wasn't completed! Also no text message occured (like in the alien base, after destroying the command room). I just shouted the machines...maybe i have to throw an grenade into the room. I'm going to try thios at once!

ok I found it now...i always destroyed the two black things on the 3rd floor! I just was to stupid to see that i can go one floor higher with the lift <_< !

750 Points for destroying the artifact site...great!

Thx again,

Frank

• 1 year later...
I am stuck on the second stage of an artefact site I thought the first part was hard enough enough. Every turn I get Mced and killed by flying pulsers, I don't have MC yet, anyone have a tactic I can use?

you have to move step by step.never rushit up in the artifact.if one of your soldiers get MC try to drop hes weapons so that way he cant kill your own troops;and never go alone.attack the colonies and the artifacts with good soldiers.sonic canons vibroblades and pulce disrupters all the way.if you have MC disrupters and mag,ion armor :D you are good to go.