Creative Text Writers Post Here

Guest Syntax Error

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Azrael
That's what we creative writers are here for, any help is appreciated, you should be promoted to pmr at any moment, check the workshops to see what's being worked on and the CTD asset list for references. Welcome to Xenocide.

Project Member, I believe he meant, although I doubt you will get promoted to that just yet - there is a new system I believe, and you have been made an applicant, so I think that is it for now. I know I will get corrected by someone if this is wrong :D

I'd like to join the CTD of Xenocide. I've looked at the site and I would like to help create what I feel is going to be a great game. I've always felt that the Ufopedia was actually one of the things that made X-COM what it is. Anyway, I can write well (actually I can write well if it's something I like, which X-COM fits in that section ^_^ ), can proof read other's works who are translating from their native language to english (seeing it's my native language), and as some might have noticed, am very active on the forums so I will be up-to-date on any new stuff. Edited by Hailfire22

Hey guys, I have just stumbled across your web site, and after reading your forums and attempting to get somewhat current on your project, I felt that this was the topic that my response belongs.

I am foremost a fan of this game, and your project to date, but I am also a few other things as well. Particularly, I do some writing and proofing on a technical level, I have experience in legal and technical writing, as well as creative and structured writing projects.

I also do some programming, with a particular passion for debugging and testing code and/or software. I have been into the computer gaming scene for some 15 years now, although I'm only 26 years old. I do graphic and visual work, mostly photoshop, bryce, 3dsmax, fireworks, poser, maya, lightwave, caligari, stuff like that. I play around with DBP, a programming language specifically built for making games on various platforms.

Anyway, with my background glossed over, the purpose of this post is to express my intent to contribute to this game in whatever capacity is needed, with my particular desire being to work on game plot or writing tasks as needed.

I work well in a team atmosphere, and I would relish contributing to this game in an organized manner. Give me deadlines, details, demands, and statistics and I'll happily give you any form of work you want done if I'm able.

Thanks for reading my rambling post, I'll follow up with an e-mail to the powers that be.

kwirl

[email protected]

Well, you will be welcomed to programming with open arms, or here in the CTD. Welcome to xenocide.

About you being 'only 26 years old' - you are probably one of the oldest here then :D

You don't need a resume to be here - just an opinion :)

Welcome again.

I was told that the person I contacted regarding the creative writing detail has stepped down, so is there any chance that anyone here can toss me a PM or something about what I should consider a next step to contribute?

I don't think I'm interested in large programming responsibilities, as my perfectionist nature won't allow me the time needed to program to my own standards, but my passion for writing has plenty of time to be used.

I have talked to 3 or 4 friends of mine who are game or machine level programmers, so once I understand what is going on here they want to follow me on board. Anyway, the sooner the better, so thanks everyone.

kwirl

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wemerien

Hi there. I know this website for a while now, and can't wait to play this great game :). I've been a fan of UFO:Defense and especially liked the story and UFOpedia's entries, its why i would be interested in writing texts in your CTD. Engligh is not my native language tough, as I'm Belgian (well, if you need some translators to french...), but I think I'm not so bad...

Writing is also my passion (vocation?). So, do you think I could help? :rolleyes:

Welcome Wemerien :)

Yes, the CTD is always looking for members to help in current and future tasks. Though, in order for one of the admins to process the application you will need to register an account first.

Edited by RustedSoul

:pink: Like, Oh My God!

Holy crap I can't believe there is an emoticon for that!

Anyway, I'd really like to help you guys out in any way possible. I don't have time to learn OGRE right now though so the only other thing I can do is possibly write some creative text. Please let me know if you need anything from me, I'm a huge fan of XCom and would love to further the effort, thanks!

We take all the help we can. Once you're promoted to recruit, check the Workshops and more especifically, the Creative Text Department Asset List (in the workshops) to check what's being done and what isn't.

Welcome :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love to help out in this creative writing department. I will be able to write any kind of UFOPedia entry in English. I know a bit of German and some French, but not enough of either to be of any assistance in translation. I can also write short stories to tie in/grab new people to play the game, and I will also probably be able to help out in writing the manual.

If you need my e-mail address, it's [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off, RustedSoul said stop spamming you filthy spammers.

Anyway, I've talked with him a bit about creative writing a few topics for you guys so I'm gonna officially say I'm interested and want to help out if ya'll will let me. Namely Alien Surgery and Reproduction as well as helping out on some autopsy reports. I'm a dual Political Science/Biology major at Texas A&M so I got some first hand access to the cloning vats we have down here and how they do it. Groovy stuff.

Anyway, I feel that Surgery and Reproduction should be related somewhat due to a lack of sexual organs amongst the majority of the alien species. Yadda, yadda, so on and so forth. But mostly I like the "fluff" some of you guys have put in. I read the Enemy Unknown UFOpedia maybe twice, but some of ya'll's fluff make it worth reading every so often. Good stuff.

Anyway is my favorite word, so anyway, glad to be finally posting over a year of observation. I thought the project would just vanish, in all honesty. Glad to see that it's not and going strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Whew, finally made my way here. The sheer number of forums is rather daunting!

I'd love to help out; I'm pretty decent at proofreading, restructuring, and rewording existing text. I could also write several descriptions if necessary, but I am still unfamiliar with the new terms.

-Asty

p.s. English only, I'm sadly only a monoglot.

Everything you need for work is in the workshops. Also, for new terms, there is a thread called "Final names for everything" in active: creative text.

Welcome aboard :)

if you wish to join the proofreading task force, just go to teh pick your task force thread(if you can't find it try search, i think its under the main forum thread(at the very top)

okay, found this link instead and so i point to it and say that you guys should look at it. It is the thread you post to be in the proofreading task force

[edit]whoops, crap i forgot to post the hyperlink tags right... forgot the / at the end [/edit]

Edited by blehm

Thanks blehm, I nearly forgot to post in the task force thread after gaining recruit status... :P

I feel a bit sheepish about asking this, but I've been searching high and low for a "standardization of proofreads" post, but the search function hasn't turned it up. Thanks again!

Edited by Astyanax

Hi evreyone!

I´ve been looking around for a few weeks now, and I would really like to contribute to the Project.

I would be happy to write some xenopedia entries or review some texts :-)

Well, and I saw the "translation - diskussion" in the cafeteria and I could do some German transaltions when needed.

So - if you need me - I´m your man :-)

Well, I've some free time from work for awhile and this looks like a good project, so if I'm needed, I'm happy to contribute to creative writing and possibly some concept art projects. Preferably writing concerning humans and technology, or alien physiology and behavioural details, but I could probably set my hand to more than that if needed. I've some experience with writing science fiction, proofing documents, a modicum of artistic talent, and obviously a large ego. :blush1:

Here's an example of my artwork that I sketched off whilst day dreaming about new types of power armour this morning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Nightmare17/XComArmour1.jpg

and a larger, annoted science gubbins image that's too large to politely put into a thread:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Nig...e17/Diagram.jpg

Hopefully I can be of use somewhere.

Taken a look at the link sinscale - impressive stuff. I would recommend that you go to art as well as here, as we have plenty of people rolling through our doors, but I am not as sure with art.

But, if you want to stay here, then welcome... :D