XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Weapon Set Instalation Issues

John Faust

spicificly, the ufo2000 update by sporb

Delete and replace with the updated version.

the realweapons, by Anonymous

I'm not entirely sure if this set was ready to be published for this beta just yet.

and the aurora set. current version of game is 7.1050.

Aurora is the full version of Galactic, so delete and replace. Their similarities in names will cause problems.

-----

In all, this could be a result in the way sounds are handled now. Not 100% positive how you are not able to implement them. Be sure their directories read:

extensions/weapons-aurora

extensions/weaopns-ufo2000

etc.

Does it work on a fresh install of ufo2000 beta? Mine works.

If you are copy pasting and replacing without deleting first, don't. If you do, windows will not delete and replace everything properly. You must delete the old, then place the new afterwards.

the ufo2k weaponset update has a problem - it only appeared in the latest betas so i havent fixed it yet (Not even sure what im looking for)

Another discovery, items from the weaponsets show up in the trash 1 weapon set. Not all of the items, but a few. Thank you for spending your time on this. It's rather nice not having to go through Mephisophecles for such service.

Two words. EDIT BUTTON.

Oh, and also, Trash #1 is where 'illegal' weapons, etc. go - ie, ones that are broken somehow, incorrectly coded and so-on. :)

As for compatibility of the latest beta with weapon sets, please check messages in 'init-scripts.log'. It should describe what's wrong.

Most likely it is just inconsistent naming of files problem, the files should have names in *.lua files in exactly the same case as they are stored on disk. Such restriction was introduced in order to ensure unix/linux compatibility.