thanks

ile start

farm,

the aliens like spawning in farmhouses/barns

espeshaly the 3story* kind made out of brick whith the stairs in the midddle

*i'm not shure if its 2 or 3 storys

Guest alex the greater

XP and i am not shuer about .net framework

the eror i get is when i try to look at a map it says it cant find the map i have tryed messing around whith the paths but it still wount work now can we gat back on topic

Well if the problem is with the Paths then it can be solved.

The good about Map View is that it allows stuff like the pic below. On it the Chryssalids indicate the route nodes on that farm building. Again, knowing stuff like this can be a major spoiler.

CULTA17.gif

How so, it can help better understand the AI, wich is exactly what we'd need to make better for Xenocide :D

Let's face it, the XCOM AI was simplistic (at best), the only reason it was such a killer was because of reaction fire, wich made the whole realism of the TB approach, and filled it with tension, even "corner-dread"... :LOL:

How so, it can help better understand the AI, wich is exactly what we'd need to make better for Xenocide :D

Let's face it, the XCOM AI was simplistic (at best), the only reason it was such a killer was because of reaction fire, wich made the whole realism of the TB approach, and filled it with tension, even "corner-dread"... :LOL:

:)

The nodes are only a part of the AI. They are used to spawn units (xcom, alien and civ) and to set patrol routes for the aliens. The more interesting (and unknown) features of the UFO AI are the actions the aliens take upon spotting enemy units, such as firing or taking cover but those seem to be a part of the tactical engine.

From what I've read, on Apoc it seems that they scrapped the route nodes all together and simply divided the maps into 'travelling' and 'defend' zones for the aliens. Again the question is the number of possible responses by the aliens to hostile units and how the AI picks it.

Reaction fire can be a killer on xcom but I also think that it looses most of its importance as soon as your soldiers can move more. Scout picks the alien, rifleman out of the alien's sight kills it without the alien having a chance for reaction fire. Aliens become sitting ducks on open ground because of it.

Yeah, usually I choose not to put my soldiers in reaction fire while at the open because of the alien grenades.

I agree also with using reaction fire inside UFOs...in fact that's probably the only occasion where I seem to use it (besides the 10 soldiers waiting for Floaters to come out of a Harvester). Blaster bombs seem to make a terrible mess of things. :D