XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Sound Artists Post Here

Guest autophillia

hi

My name is Tom, and I am from Poland. I have the pleasure to be master of acoustics with audio processing specialization. Also I am a musician and composer (usually synthetic sound). I love X-COM series, I played all games with aliens :P. Good experience with game designing, C#, C++ and Direct X. So I am talking about real time effects and sound synthesis (not only with sound editors).

I was thinking about project with possibilities of growth. Maybe i could be helpful..... thanks for any additional info :) and sorry if I had missed something important.

Tomas

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I love the idea of this project and i would like to help. I have no experience what so ever in creating anything to do with games. But i have made a half life 2 map :P . I've create music and SFX before, but not for a game. I've written a story back at school =b . So I'll do anything that you need done. I'm willing to learn so give me a job and i'll give it a go ^_^ . I guess the most experience i have is with sound so if you need SFX or music i'll do that, if you don't need anymore SFX or music guys then i'll try something else! Oh and i play in a band called "Xenocide" :Band:. So we could create music for you! I spose i'm quite good at thinking up ideas so i could do the writing thing as well :hmmm:. I just keep my :fingerscrossed: that you give me a place in the team :righton:

Edited by Kahlos

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Not actually applying I'm just lacking a good place to put this. The current FMOD build for the audio causes the game to crash on start up if you're using the current stable FMOD version (4.06.13) since it's out of date. If you want, I rebuilt the audio files and put them here. Might be worth putting on the SVN.

Mad, can you handle it?

Thanks Lollingsgrad, you are on the right track for application. ;)

Greetings

Red Knight

Might I suggest that someone who has write access to the Dependancies Directory (e.g. Red Knight) replace the FMOD there with the lastest version so we don't run into this again. (And update the build instructions on the Wiki.)

Mad, can you handle it?

Thanks Lollingsgrad, you are on the right track for application. ;)

Greetings

Red Knight

Might I suggest that someone who has write access to the Dependancies Directory (e.g. Red Knight) replace the FMOD there with the lastest version so we don't run into this again. (And update the build instructions on the Wiki.)

OK. I've put FMODEX 4.06.13 up in the dependancies and updated the build instructions. Updating the audio assets will need to wait for Mad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, My name is Martin. I have experience with music production software like reason. Although my style is hip-hop, I can try to help this project with spooky vibes.

PS. This Project is just fantastic, X-COM is the best game and I`m quite disappointed with aftermath and aftershock (excluding their weapon modify possibilities, I would like to see sniper rifles or under barrel grenade launchers in this project. And those nasty Crysalids ! :D )

Edited by LyCr

• 2 years later...