XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Base Invasion Problem

Primaris

Hello All,

I've never finished this whole game so no spoilers plz :) But, anyway when my 2nd base got invaded I've run into a serious problem. The rooms along the right side of the complex are not attached to the rest of the complex. Which causes the vast majority of my troops to be cut off from the combat.

I tried using CWXCED to rebuild the 2nd base, but after the rebuild the access tunnel is no longer connected by hallways to the rest of the complex.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Primaris

I recommend reading the Ufopaedia wiki entry on the base disjoint bug.

- NKF

there are some editors that "fix" this problem. but if you are a purist then stick a hangar in the SE corner, and dont build out directly along the southern and eastern edges of the base. make sure modules in the most southerly position connect to one directly north of them and ones in the most easterly position connect to one directly west of them. OR just shoot through the dirt, if you can.

Thanks!

NKE,

That Wiki was spot on.

TY

stewart,

I guess I am a bit of a purist. I don't really have a choice to not use the bug fix as I don't want to start over. While the XcomUtil does fix the issue it is a bit ugly visually. I'll use your floor plan advice in the next game.

TY

If you maintain the bug you can use it to your advantage also. Normally if you maintain a choke point you would have 5 modules of dirt, with the disjoint bug you can reduce it to 4 modules of dirt and thus gain a module for use.

If I just use CWXCED to rebuild the affected bases to a workable pattern, keeping the same exact buildings, will there be any other effect upon the game? example: Inventory lost, people gone, etc.

This is sorta what I'm thinking (Right edge of base):

xxx
	   x
	   x
	   xx
	   xx