XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Are You Guys Still Working On This?

Evuldream

I have check been checking out your website but after a few months not much seem sto be chaning or hapening. I see a LOT of posts from 2004 and wearlier with one post mentioning a release date in late 2006, its late 2006, i am an avid fan and of all the fan made games to be like Xcom Project Xenocide looks teh most promising.

Just wondering if there has been any progress.

That's the key to success... :P

No, seriously, we are working and progressing all the time. But we have decided not to do a public release until we have something really playable. If you are interested in our progress, please be most welcome to compile the latest SVN source!

I'm aiming to have enough art assets in final form and ready by christmas that some form of playable base battle could be done provided programming can do the coding for it... as far as that goes I leave it to them :)

please be most welcome to compile the latest SVN source!

The implication of this statement kiddies is that ultimately you dont have to apply to do QA for us. Just download try and report.

• 3 weeks later...
vaaish, hows the artwork turning out? Are you guys working on the playable base battle yet?

Good, I think. I've been on vacation over the holidays and haven't gotten much of anything done. Right now we are working out teething problems getting art exported to ogre. minus animations, we have enough art to make some form of rudimentary battlescape mission in a three room base using a couple of aliens and xcaps :) we are getting the xnet screen fully functional and implementing the completed artwork right now.

my priority is getting base modules completed followed by texturing all of the existing models.

Shinzon is doing the base modules and I'm currently working on getting all the rest caught up. After that we can move on to other content.

vaaish, hows the artwork turning out? Are you guys working on the playable base battle yet?

Good, I think. I've been on vacation over the holidays and haven't gotten much of anything done. Right now we are working out teething problems getting art exported to ogre. minus animations, we have enough art to make some form of rudimentary battlescape mission in a three room base using a couple of aliens and xcaps :) we are getting the xnet screen fully functional and implementing the completed artwork right now.

my priority is getting base modules completed followed by texturing all of the existing models.

Shinzon is doing the base modules and I'm currently working on getting all the rest caught up. After that we can move on to other content.

I feel like I'm telling a child "there is no Santa Claus". But lets be honest. At our current rate of progress and schedule, theres not a chance that we will even start work on a battlescape for at least a year. And more probably several.

I feel like I'm telling a child "there is no Santa Claus". But lets be honest. At our current rate of progress and schedule, theres not a chance that we will even start work on a battlescape for at least a year. And more probably several.

Whatever happened to the "we're assembling a battlescape team right now"? I thought the priority was to start working on it right away.

Whatever happened to the "we're assembling a battlescape team right now"? I thought the priority was to start working on it right away.

News to me. http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242026492

A the current time the prog team is Me, Reist, LarsW & Pi_Masta.

Technically, Garo and Guyver6 are also members, but they've been AWOL for some time now.

Ouch OMFG

Ouch OMFG

Why not join forces with the UFO AI team then? the tactical part of ufo ai game is almost done. I am sure there is lot to earn from a collaboration with them.

Ok both games have differents engines, but since you have the strategic aspect of the game well done, and ufo ai just finished a playable (finally) version of the battlescape, we would have an almost complete game there.....

ok I know that's impossible, just dreaming a little bit....

Ouch OMFG

Why not join forces with the UFO AI team then? the tactical part of ufo ai game is almost done. I am sure there is lot to earn from a collaboration with them.

Ok both games have differents engines, but since you have the strategic aspect of the game well done, and ufo ai just finished a playable (finally) version of the battlescape, we would have an almost complete game there.....

ok I know that's impossible, just dreaming a little bit....

I've had some informal discussions with Serge of the UFO2000 team. Who also have a working battlescape.

• 3 weeks later...

New squaddie here

Great job on everything I've seen so far. Would love to hear any and all info on how its going, possible time when you'll be able to throw us a bone, and any help or crtiquing you might need. If you've been working on this for as long as I think you have...a fresh pair of eyes might serve well.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

ITs soo good to be back and see hows the work is going.

Keep it up! Xenocide looks the best among all the others who are trying to do an Xcom based game.

**waves to Micah and Stewart**

both of u remember me, i'm sure :P

Guest Azrael
Did you check UFO2000 and UFO: AI? they're definitely progressing nicely :) suggest you don't lose track of them if you're interested in X-Com remakes.

Did you check UFO2000 and UFO: AI? they're definitely progressing nicely :) suggest you don't lose track of them if you're interested in X-Com remakes.
You are deeply hurt, aren't you? :P

But yes, welcome back Mark0, i've read your old post long ago :wink1:. Have a look at those 2 projects, they're worth it

Guest Azrael
You are deeply hurt, aren't you? :P

But yes, welcome back Mark0, i've read your old post long ago :wink1:. Have a look at those 2 projects, they're worth it

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

I could ask you the very same thing... <_>

In addition, I've already made a long post and I've said what's wrong with me.

And in order to get ahead of various intimidating situations, I don't want any flames, there are enough flames in forums.gr already, I need no more, especially HERE. This is my repository of good will and teamwork, no need to spoil it. Really.

Guest Azrael
I could ask you the very same thing... <_<

In addition, I've already made a long post and I've said what's wrong with me.

And in order to get ahead of various intimidating situations, I don't want any flames, there are enough flames in forums.gr already, I need no more, especially HERE. This is my repository of good will and teamwork, no need to spoil it. Really.

Then don't make flammatory remarks, Mark0 expressed his interest in x-com remakes, I pointed him out to the ones that are most developed, since he already knows about Xeno I did not even mention it. You made a reply that you knew was not precisely nice, so don't wine about flames when you seemed to try to do it yourself.

Thanks.

...Mark0 expressed his interest in x-com remakes...

Hey guys

ITs soo good to be back and see hows the work is going.

Keep it up! Xenocide looks the best among all the others who are trying to do an Xcom based game.

What a genuine interest, really...

Goodnight az

Edit: No need to knock it off, I won't ever post in these 2 threads again, I'm already bored of this...

Edited by kafros