XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Not explicitly install for X-COM independent Ufo2000

esniper

As Ufo2000 installer works now?:

1. Select how to search X-COM files: auto or manual.

2. Let we select "auto"

3. Window for select Path to X-COM is opens.

4. Let we select "cancel".

5. Installation continues without X-COM resources. (X-COM independent Ufo2000) And this game plays without errors, but less graphics.

Suqqest: Maybe make special screen in installer there two items: 1) X-COM resources Ufo2000; 2) X-COM independent Ufo2000.

You are probably the first to provide feedback about the installer, thanks :)

The installer already says something like this: UFO2000 can use files from X-Com: UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown / X-Com: Terror from the Deep for additional maps.". Which implies that X-COM data files are optional, but probably still not clear enough.

Maybe an additional selection item "No, thanks, I don't have any of the original X-COM games", and making it the default choice will help?

The other things about the win32 installer. Do windows users still all work with administrator privileges (so that the 'Program Files' directory is writable)? If not, then the users may have troubles running the installed game, even though there have not been any complaints so far.

You are probably the first to provide feedback about the installer, thanks :)

Nice to hear.

Maybe an additional selection item "No, thanks, I don't have any of the original X-COM games", and making it the default choice will help?

Yes, this is good solution.

The other things about the win32 installer. Do windows users still all work with administrator privileges (so that the 'Program Files' directory is writable)? If not, then the users may have troubles running the installed game, even though there have not been any complaints so far.

I don't know about all. I work with administrator privileges. But always in all installation programs I change destination folder to other and set other drive. My "Program Files" only for "very system files". So if have no access to "Program Files" each user can change folder to other. That is not a problem.

Yes please do. I am sorry I didn't mention this a long time ago, but "cancel" is just not clear enough.