Ufo: E.u.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:54 PM

Hi, well, as I see it, a lot of what has been said is very complex, and few of it will be used. The main things that should be in are enhancements to gameplay, not just things that look cool.

I think my main gripe with the UFO was searching round for that last f***ing alien that is hiding. The way the main games seemed to go was to have aliens that were genetically modified, so maybe some kind of AI that the aliens have the ability to do a kamikazi at your troops, or maybe commit suicide if outnumbered heavily with most alien allies dead.

#2 revenant4

revenant4

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:36 PM

I will apologize now but...that's what made the game kind of fun...call me crazy :hammer: ....I always liked swarming the country side looking for that little scared defense less alien...also that mainly happened in the beginning when there were only little scout pods running around...I also want to say that the Kamakazi aliens would be an awesome addition though...you would have to put a whole new strategy to the game...

#3 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, i see what u r sayin, maybe it is just me, i like my strategy thick and fast, doin menial things like finding one alien on a level do my 'ed in, but some might like it. Maybe a comprimise would work:

Say you kill most of the aliens, one or two remain, hiding, maybe in a room someplace. They are held up in some bathroom or summint, and u send the heavies to look. You look around for 5-10 mins, the alien is gettin nervous with waiting, so he runs down the corridor lookin for the nearest human, and tries to detonate himself close by b4 they can shoot him.

That way u still get to look, safe in the knowledge that they aren't just gonna be a bastard for half hour looking in every room on every floor, they could well take the initiative and find u. This wouldn't happen all the time, just something to keep u on ur toes.

#4 Cubik

Cubik

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:13 AM

Better scanning equipment, some sort of heartbeatsensor (something else for the aliens who don't have a heart, maybe a heatcam) would be nice for finding that last pesky bastard. I don't think that the last alien would try to rush you though, he's not mainly there to fight you, he has other objectivs.

#5 Deimos

Deimos

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:30 AM

I don't know whether it would be good as a set thing but the AI would take care of alien responses anyway and the morale of the aliens should be similar to humans. So the last alien will behave how his morale tells him to, IE run away, drop all your weapons and cower in some dark corner. Panic. Go beserk (In which case he'd come guning for the nearest player) or keep cool and snipe from a distance.

Obviously more options could be given but that would give all players the variation in the game.

On a side note, I always found I am more tense looking for one last alien who could be hiding anywhere and would get the jump on my guys that were searching for him was way more fun than puting my guys on reaction fire and waiting for the alien to come get me. Especially if I've only got one or two guys left at the end of a mission and there's a chance you won't make the mission if he fires first.

I guess you haven't tried retreating your guys to your drop ship and putting them on overwatch and waiting, casue the aliens always come to you eventually. Give it 50 or 60 turns and they come looking.

#6 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

I didn't have too much of a problem with hunting the last alien in UFO. It was in TFTD's alien bases fighting lobsterman with human weapons that I would go crazy. The problem was that with the human weapons it took a lot of shots to take each lobsterman down, then, in most cases, he was only unconsious, which meant he woke up and walked around the 4 levels of the maze-ish base while you tried to track him down for, oh, say, 200 turns.