XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mayaple

Cavoe

MAYA PLE is relatively useless for our purposes. File types are incompatible with real maya, renders automatically have a nasty watermark, and I don't believe there are any export commands to get models out to a different format to pull into another platform.

MAYA PLE  is relatively useless for our purposes. File types are incompatible with real maya, renders automatically have a nasty watermark, and I don't believe there are any export commands to get models out to a different format to pull into another platform.

and it has existed for months now ;)

IMO, it's not worth the huge download, even if u just wanna know what maya is like. the watermark is the biggest baddie since it doesn't let you show off your work (even if it's for non-commercial purposes) :P

Edited by SupSuper

Vaaish and Sup are both right. I did download it and though it might be useful in a classroom environment where learning the prog is the focus, it is relatively useless for our purposes. If you're looking for a freebie modeller go for Gmax its based on 3dsmax and though there are differences and no renderer its good for modelling and animation.

Oh and I forgot to mention there are import and export scripts available for it too.