2 replies to this topic

#1 Tuoppi

Tuoppi

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:02 AM

I think morale should be affected by more than deaths and MC-panic.

My suggestions are being shot at, being wounded (how big was this in the original? never noticed any difference), spotting terror units (all aliens?), civilians getting killed, battle in nighttime and straying far from others (fighting alone).

All the penalties would be larger with rookies and depend on bravery. These would be fairly small compared to friendlies getting wasted or direct MC but might make a difference still...

Opinions?

#2 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:33 AM

Getting wounded does lower your morale. That's what painkillers are for.

I think apoc had some of these things included. I remember having 10 guys going full auto on an anthropod. None of the shots hit, but the alien instantly wet his pants. :) It'd be nice to do that in Xenocide.
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#3 Danny252

Danny252

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

LOL
well thats ONE way to get rid of an alien
*Atishoo.. atishoo..*
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
"Oops.. I set off the self destruct device.. damn.."
Last words of Sergant Leia Evans before being blown to bits by the alien self destruct mechanism.

"Hey, look, roasted Greys!"
Colonel Bob Newman, the Sahara, downed Grey scout ship.