XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Keyboard Map

j'ordos

Does that actually work? I have it set on "be" for Belgium, which should mean azerty keyboard, but no matter what I set it on, I always get qwerty keyboard (and I HATE qwerty keyboard since I don't have one like that :cussing: ) Edited by j'ordos

Yes, generally it works. At least for the languages using cyrillic font (my native Belarusian language and also Russian which is actively used in Russian speaking UFO2000 community).

You can press right ctrl + b and type something. If you see something unreadable, it means that keymap switching works :) You can switch back by pressing right ctrl + e.

There is a problem in Linux version of UFO2000, specifically in Gentoo Linux when the game is installed using ebuild. You can read more information about this here: http://ufo2000.lxnt.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219

• 2 weeks later...

Well, try to edit your ufo2000.ini (but not ufo2000.default.ini) and make sure it looks like this:

[System]
# The list of available keyboard keymaps:
# be - Belgium, by - Belarus, br - Brazil, ch - Switzerland, 
# cz - Czech Republic, de - Germany, dk - Denmark, es - Espaц╠a,
# fi - Finland, fr - France, it - Italy, no - Norway, pl - Poland,
# pt - Portugal, ru - Russia, se - Sverige, sk - Slovakia, 
# uk - United Kingdom, us - United States
keyboard = be

# two alternate keyboard keymaps for fast switching using right ctrl key
primary_keyboard = be
secondary_keyboard = be

Please report if this does not help.

Yes, I have checked this and there is really a bug in the game, I'll try to fix it in the next version.

As a temporary workaround, you can press right control key to activate keymap from ini file (setting all the keymap related variables to your native language).

I have tried that, but all I get is a switch between QWERTY and... uhm... whatever Russian (Cyrillic) keyboards use ;)

And yes, I have set all keyboard-related variables in the .ini file to be :huh:

That's very strange. Where does it find russian keymap if you have changed everything to belgium?

I have no idea, I even replaced all us and ru references by be in the ufo2000.default.ini file, but to no avail :huh?:

I guess you have replaced these settings in ufo2000.ini too?

• 2 weeks later...
Seem to have missed this one, anyway, downloaded new version (0.4.0.357), but it's still there :( . Oh well, I already found the ?; , ; and I'm able to form a few smilies =] . Now where's that ' and the ! ...