XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Tftd (et-version 20/01/2005)

max

Guest TFTD Guy

Theres still a few bugs that need to be fixed:

Game constantly crashes when Aliens (especially ones with Thermal Shok Launchers) react to your movements.

If one of your bases gets invaded, and you lose, not only do you lose that particular base, but the base icon of your original base will disappear off the geoscape. You can still access that base from the Bases button, but you cant send the subs from there on missions, and you cant transfer (interact with in general) items to that base, etc.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

thanks for the resopnse, the crash bug has been located, but i can't work on it until about two weeks, I didn't know about the base problem, is this only with et patch? please post your save game, thanks.

Could you do that patch compatible with XcomUtil or just an .exe file with fixed Geoscape time (compatible with XcomUtil)? I'm playing CE version and it's really annoying slowing the game each time. Please :D

Ros

Just want to say I have the same error as others posted : the moment an alien with Thermal Shock launcher fires, the game crashes to desktop. Didn't save it in time, sorry.

Otherwise, damn good patch, allowed me to play it at least. :)

Just registered and was wondering if there was a solution to the 'crash' bug? I can only play TFTD with the patch from Max, but the game seems to crash when an alien tries to use a blaster launcher (I know it's a blaster launcher since there is a huge explosion and then the game crashes to desktop).

So, is there a fix for this?

Hello ppls !

Thx you for your hard work =)

I play to terror from the deep windows version.Patch and everything i can find is installed.

Well, my problem is:

I crash when i kill an alien.. like some other ppl i think...

It s a random crash. not when i kill the first alien .. or the second.. it come randomly.. but it comes.

Too bad ... this game is just incredible .. and the programation isn t working on any configuration or pc.. Patch or not . Perhaps with linux a day.

It s crazy to see this game so much corrupted =)

I hope everything will be fixed a day .. but i don t think so.

We needa new game with a new engine and programs.

Thx you all again for your work again.. Everytime i see a new patch it give me hope... =)

Regards,

///edited///

Doh.. only max works on it? Should be a lot of work for only one man to fix the unlimited number of bug in this game

Edited by cyrano

I can't reproduce the carshes posted, please send a save game at these situations.

about the geoscape, the time runs in the correct ration of 1 real second to 5 game seconds, but the updates are only posted every second, 'enemy unknown' et version has a smotth implementation which will be included for the older tftd et version.

Yeah, the bug indeed has to do with reaction firing.

Here's my savegame. Just load it, go to the aquanaut named 'Nico Vancamp'. Make him move to the left (towards the crashed USO) by about 3 squares. Once he sees the Aquatoid, make him kneel and do an Autoshot. The alien won't die and then turns for a reaction fire. Then, CTD.

Do your stuff Max, I know you can do it. :)

tftdcrash.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Burning

Hello, first, I'm german so don't wonder about my english ^^

I've a problem with this patch,even when I send the Triton to a crashsite theres the message "All Allien have been died in caus of the Crash" (I hope i translate it right) - and then the game crashed to the desktop.

Can someone help me?

Burni form Germany ^^

• 1 month later...
Thanks for looking max, someone else sent me a saved game right after getting to T'leth but it also crashed as soon as I destroyed all 8 of the power things on level 3. I don't know why my version is crashing when it seems most others are working. Luckily, all I'm missing are the ending blurbs and movies / slideshows about T'leth. It still bugs me but at least I know I beat the game. Any ideas on what might be causing the crash? Any plans to release more patches (or any patches for Apocalypse)? Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies guys. About the movie files, I checked but couldn't find any that I recognised (what's the extension?) but since this is the only copy I have I wouldn't know what would constitute unusual files. Maybe I could play them with some 3rd party player to see if they worked? Anyway, as annoying as it is at least I was able to beat the game so it's not a major problem (or a major rush). Thanks.

max, have you checked whether your patch works on the CE and displays movies. What I mean is, has anyone successfully installed your patch and viewed the movies while playing the game like that?

If you are doing patch work on a version that doesn't have movies, couldn't that create problems for the version that has movies?

(BTW, the movies are not really that good anyway).

Yes, it could create problems - or we won't be able to trap errors that exist with playback. - I don't remember reading any feedback regarding movies. Didn't want to say it, but my version was downloaded... the patch was written for myself - for that version. would like to help with the problem but can't :(

Hi, i'm new to the forums, i got addicted to both xcom games a few years back and i've been wanting to play them for ages, except i got the garbled graphics on this pc running XP, so i;ve got max's patch, unfortunatly the graphics aren't quite right for me as parts of the screen get chopped off the top and the bottom! This is rather annoying because i can't see the intercept button on the world view thingy. Any idea how to fix this problem? :(

Edit: I've got CE version installed - not sure if this is relevant.

If you can fix this for me max i'll fluffle you into oblivion. :MakeOut: x 1000

Edited by wee_mad_arthur

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed the patch from Sep, 29.

Unfortunately I can not run it because of the video problem. I run it under Win2000. I have golden edition with two running files in the catalog: terror ... .exe and ldr_xcom2.exe Originally if I run terror, I have this problem with video (I can not see anything, many lines...) , but running Ldr_xcom2 fixes it. With this new patch, it does not work: I can not see anything on the screen no matter what file I run.

The same is with CE. By the way, I even did not understand what is the difference between these two.

PS Max, thank you very much for giving me a hope!!! I have been dreaming of playing terror from the deep without crashes!!! It seems that now my dream has nearly become a true :-)

Please, help me with the bug!

• 2 weeks later...

ahh, thanks.

but where the heck do i find those movies, there is just TOO MANY files. It takes ages just to find the executable :D (ok not really) but there is too many.

what extension are they in...etc ? perhaps i could find them that way, and do i simply change the extensions (if i find them) ?

im presuming they are already missing, thats the cause of the crash. but they could be corrupt too, who knows.

Well, they should be in the 'ANIMS' folder, two files, intro.ani and intro.idx (well, there are other files too, but we're only talking about the intro now), removing even one of these files causes the game to use the slideshow instead.

Guest Guest_M&M_*

how nice, i dont have that folder at all :).

the intro does start in slide show, its the t'leth movie im concerned about.

all the folders i have (other then save folders) are:

GEODATA - GEOGRAPH - MAPS - SOUND - TERRAIN - ROUTES - UFOGRAPH - UNITS - MISSDAT.

and then there is the executables and fixes as files.

so probably as i suspected im missing the movies alltogether, slideshow works at the beginning of the game but apparently xcom doesnt figure out how to do that when im going to t'leth.

i set up an empty folder just incase it might solve the problem (sorta like the save game problem from xcom3)

perhaps someone can be kind enough to upload those movies if they arent to big ? :P

Update posted, please try and post if there are any problems, thanks!

Great job on the geoscape and new resolutions Max :) , but I did notice some bugs in this version.

1) The "Graphs" button no longer displays proper information. However, this is not that much of a problem, as I rarely use this.

2) When on the "BattleScape", my soldiers no longer take any damage from Sonic Pistols/Blasta-Rifles (but they still take damage from Sonic Cannons, grenades, lobsterman claws, etc). My soldiers can hurt Aliens with Sonic Guns, though.

3) The French (Francais) language no longer works. Not that much of a problem for me since I speak/read/write English just as well, but may be a problem for others.

Thanks again for listening!

Edited by Powerc80

Hi, thanks

I'll removing any patches that affect damage (i'm not sure if there were any). the graph problem was reported before but I didn't realize it was the patch causing it. will give it a look but no fix soon.

Nothing against French of course, will try sort the problems out. thanks again for the feedback!

:Coffee: This is a good place to put this fix.....For those of us that are observant, (and a little nitpicky) This file replaces the interception screen which shows the wrong images of the "Battleship"(Ufo Terror Ship) and the "Fleet Supply Ship" **The interception screen images that comes with the the game are reversed as opposed to the ones in the Usopaedia** All thanks go to Daishiva's Editors for making it possible. INTERWIN.rar Should work on ALL versions both Dos and Windows. Edited by Inteck

As well, I figured out how to remove the incorrect "Graphs" error. First, this error is caused incompatabilites with f0dder's loader. It can be fixed by deleting the "patch.dll" and the "ldr_xcom2.exe" found in the main directory (if you downloaded from HOTU or installed f0dder's patch) and then applying your patch. Then start a new game and everything should be fine. Unfortunately, French (Francais) still doesn't work...

My (English) "game experience" is now bug-free :D! Thanks again for fixing the damage bug!

Edited by Powerc80

Okay i got a saved game, if you move Uta Unger 1 square down it triggers a reaction fire frenzy with the newest version, in an older game version nothing happens.

Save File

Hope thats helps.

Oh also another question that has nothing to do with your patch but with the game in general, on port terror raids i NEVER can walk to the top third floor of the towers, it just wont let me completely climb the last stair. I always have to bomb away the floor if an alien hides in there, this happens regardless which version of tftd i use, are there any solutions for it?

Edit: Thats the Square which i cant move on no matter what. It even crashd one time when i tried to move there. Im on Windows98SE by the way.

Edited by FrickenMoron