XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Questions On Raids

I just tried raiding the cult, in a small building, and i killed all the people in the building,yet the mission doesnt end and i dont see any psi-clones.

How do psi-clones look?

How do i end the mission?

Do psi-clones only exist in the other cult building?

If the mission hasn't ended, then there are still cultists running about the building. You can end the mission by grabbing everything you want and then heading for the exits, or by knocking out all remaining enemies and getting everything that's left on the ground. Sometimes the remaining enemies will escape from the battle while you're searching for them, and this will end the battle too.

The psiclone is just little black thingy with red led's and four prongs sticking out of it. The tactical image will probably just be a grey/black ball. Check each of the usual item spawn locations, and also check the equipment of any cultist that you come across, as they have this annoying habit of grabbing anything not bolted to the ground.

You can find psiclones in temples and any building owned by the three gangs. Your best bet are the temples and the slums owned by the gangs. I'm told other organisations with slums can generate psiclones too, but from my experience they generate elerium pods instead. Your experience may differ slightly.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Ty.

Could it be that there are no psi-clones in the building?

And about power swords in RT,is there a way to make the the soilder run to the target and attack him? or do i have to bring him manualy and then attack,which seems to make the power sword somewhat pointless.

I have 10 bio scientests doing nothing, I researched toxic b,and all live,dead aliens i met untill now.

There is a way to transfer mind control from one soilder to another if he is about to run out of energy?

Can you train psi skills in combat or only in the training facilities?

And last question what wepons,crafts should i use in order to take the bigger ships? untill now i used lots hover bikes with janitor missles which worked nicely but now the bigger ships come and it doesnt work anymore.

Psiclone generation do appear inside the buildings, but their generation is random so you may not always get them.

With the power swords, telling a unit to attack a target is not possible. But you do have the pause function, so you can have the soldier and then stop once the soldier is close enough to the target and let the soldier's reactions take over, or you can manually attack. In fact, manual attacks are always faster. A second option is to walk. You'll automatically attack any enemy targets within range while you're still walking.

You might occasionally have some down-time with the scientists. Don't worry about it too much. The bio-lab doesn't have as many major topics as the quantum lab. You just need to capture more aliens, alive and dead.

As for psi, no transfer is possible with mind control, but you could re-attempt the mind control before the previous soldier runs out of energy. In Apocalypse, mind control is best used in quick split-second bursts. That is to say, pause the game and mind control an enemy target. Once under your control, perform any actions you need to the controlled unit's inventory (for example: drop equipment, throw shields, set off all the unit's grenades) and then break the mind control.

Psi skills - I've forgotten if you can train psi through combat, so I'll leave this question for others. As far as I can remember, it does. But because you need some skill to use it successfully, you're probably better off getting it from the lab.

As for the UFOs, bolter lasers are okay if you have a large enough quantity, otherwise a combination of multiple janitor, prophet and lineage plasma cannons are the way you want to go. For the very large UFOs, you must use medium disrupters, as their hull is generally too strong for conventional weapons to punch through easily.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...

a question about raid... They seem to be repeatable endlessly, so basically you can raid say 15 time Sirius a day and rack up money. And with massive funds the game will be too easy not to say uninteresting.

So perhaps I missed something, but it seems there is a game breaker here.

Repeated raids do increase your score though, so you might suddenly find the aliens bringing out all the advanced tech next week while you're still using megapol armor+standard issue weapons...

so you blow a gov building or two to diminish it ...

not that I will do that but it seems a bit weird that an exploit so easily reached was not corrected before release.

not that I will do that but it seems a bit weird that an exploit so easily reached was not corrected before release.

Well, the whole game seems to be undertested and unfinished. The main problem is that they didn't implement the limited resources that corporations should have. For example, logic dictates that the Cult of Sirius should have a limited amount (and quality) of weapons and limited amount of soldiers. Both of which should be affected by its funds and contacts with corporations. With limited amount of resources they would go bankrupt very soon, the player would encounter only a few law pistol-armed cult members without good combat skills, building would lack decorations and would be damaged, etc.

So, no free psi-clones, no missile launchers, no plasma pistols, etc.

That's how it should be. I'm not sure if it would be like that if the game wasn't released before it was finished, but...

Motion detectors are mighty handy for finding that last agent. In situations where you want to just want to grab and go use your map to find items at spawn points as they are frequently obscured by stuff in the foreground. Psiclone looks like a little red-speckled black ball with metal spikey stuff coming out of it. It's really common with the cult unless you have bad luck with a bunch of tiles with hardly any spawn points. The chessboard tiles tend to spawn a ton of items so you'll usually find a few off of these.

My new preference is to hit the cultists a few times for psiclone but then stun raid the crap out of Marsec for power swords. Love having those things in the first week and if you actually pick up all the items off of their stunned security guards you'll have a pretty serious haul on your hands by the time you get a few powerswords to play with. I like to stun half their guards, pick up all their items and then wait for them to wake up so I can stun the remaining guards while the other half are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. That way I can search all the spawn points at my leisure and then just walk out of the building when I've picked up everything without pissing Marsec off.