XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Video Tutorial

Well I felt like showing off some of my X-Com skills.

Ill be using this program http://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/setup...ecorderfree.exe

Gotta love google <3.

Also If you have a Challenge or a Request for me Ill try it.

For most of these I will be using rookies, or the occasional android. Seldomly Mutants.

I just dont find much use of the mutants, Humanoids are the only things they are effective against.

Humanoids are also the easiest target to aim on from long range I find.

Also, Nkf Im curious to see a mission or two of Yours. You Too Aiki, You guys should take part in the fun! :D

We can take the videos and upload them to YouTube or something and post links. ^_^

Edited by NRN_R_Sumo1

Looks like the program doesnt pick up Dos programs.. -.-....

How utterly Useless.

Well, until someone gets me a better program I guess I cant do it.

I also tried the trial of Fraps, only lasts 30 seconds..

After that I tried for a torrent, but there is a reported bug in the torrent fields that if you used the trial the full hacked version wont work T_T

Sigh.

Why isnt life fair? :(

Doesn't Doxbox have some sort of recording ability? I mean some players have put up videos for UFO/TFTD played through dosbox.

Hmm. I must study up and start using Doxbox to run Apocalypse on my current computer. I've been playing it on my aging Pentium 133 for a long time now. Being able to save some gameplay videos sounds fun. Kind of miss the old mission recording modes some older dos games used to come with (thinking of Gunship 2000 in particular - a Microprose game well before Apocalyse's time)

- NKF

My Xp runs X-Com fine, LOL.

my otherone has this wierd problem with the screen size though, dunno what thats about.

Ive tried to use dosbox but never could get it to work..

Meh ^^'..

as it would turn out the video's want to be really high in memory.

Like, 28 megs for a quick solo mission. :X

• 5 months later...

All the recorders Ive found to this point dont allow me to edit the video's so that I can cut down on time (Aka Memory needed) as youtube video's only allow about.. 10 minutes or so of video?

But the tutorial's intent was not to show how to get the game running, it was to show various strategies at various stages of tech development.

(And also to showcase mah mod's graphics ololol.)

All the recorders Ive found to this point dont allow me to edit the video's so that I can cut down on time (Aka Memory needed) as youtube video's only allow about.. 10 minutes or so of video?

But the tutorial's intent was not to show how to get the game running, it was to show various strategies at various stages of tech development.

(And also to showcase mah mod's graphics ololol.)

There are some cheap ones out there. However, you might have to convert the video a few times to get it into a format the editor would like. AFAIK there isn't any truely free video editor out there. Though VLC is THE one free video player that will play anything.