XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Immortality End Game Setups.

ok by week 7 or 8 I have amassed a pretty pile of teleporters and found a strategy thats almost idiot proof.

Basic Agent equipment: 4 teleporters or 3 teleporters + Psi-Amp, 1 body sheild, X-Com armor,2 toxiguns, 1 stun grenades/ 1 smoke grenade

each agent is one of these:

Missle Unit: Marsec flying chest plate, 1 Dimension missle launcher, 3 dimension missles, fill up on toxin ammo.

Grenadier: 2 vortex grenades.

Cannon Unit: 2 cannons

Start up: Lots of smallish groups.

Keep paused:

Opening moves: ( EAch group should be Aggro, Autofire, Running )Align each group to a different compass point. Have some looking N, E, S or W.

Teleport a few ( 2 or 3) agents to edges of the visible area.

un-pause:

wait until view updates.

either teleport other agents to the new edges of the visible area.

or if hostiles are detected:

drop grenades/missle launchers to clear hands. ( guns are hostlered by default to make more room for big items)

teleport directly behind them take out both your toxiguns.

unpause

rinse and repeat.

guidelines:

1) Leave one teleporter for an escape mechanism. The other 3 you can use for attacking/ exploration.

2) Teleport out with the slightest bit of sheild damage or imminent missle attack ( your primary defence is your ability to teleport sheild is just there to soak a little damage )

3) remember shorter hops use less teleporter energy.

4) shoot people in the back they'll be brown bread before they see you.

A nice attack method:

Is teleport -> prime and drop vortex grenade(0.25 timer) -> teleport -> prime and drop vortex grenade -> teleport. ( best used in fully live groups of enemies otherwise chain reactions cause more equipment loss);

Edited by Nepereta

OOH BURN

*ahem*

I haven't seen THIS strategy before. It looks like it requires a fair amount of space,

But the teleport -> grenade -> teleport thing is common knowledge.

On an unrelated note, apparently Firefox's spellchecker doesn't think "teleport" is a word.

well I missed out on it the first time round tending for 2 sheilds and the teleporters(1 or 2) where a sideshow. dropping the 2nd sheild in favour of 2 teleporters may seem counter intuitive but it worked wonders since the teleporters charge back quicker than the sheild.

btw usually when mentioning a post is a repeat post its a good idea to link in the orginal post perhaps there are some good points I missed but its got to the point where I have more or less killed that game off due to its terminal easyness.

Righty'o folks. Calm down. My mod-stick is gathering dust, and I'd like to keep it that way. ;)

It's okay to get all giddy and excited about the multi-teleporter strategy. It's as awesome as pushing over stone donkeys. They're a real treat for playing long enough to get them.

I like to drop almost all of my squad's medikits bar one for an extra teleporter slot. You can't go wrong with five teleporters (legs, backpack and left hand), a toxigun and a few clips in the pocket and some other device of death in the right hand of your choice and as many of your favourite grenades as you can hold.

- NKF

Well, looks who's being all "Keep the forum tidy", (Mr/Mrs/Ms (choose applicable)) "Wow, I sure have posted a lot, I hope I don't get in trouble for spamming..." <_<

yeah mr sumo are you basically a great big forum troll? hint: go join a mmorpg and fight the troll wars other there. reading the trollage with exception of what nkf had to say is another 5 minutes I'll never get back.

Edited by Nepereta

...Err.

No. :huh:

That was (sort of) an inside joke. Sumo's not a forum troll. I just kind of thought that was unlike him... Now forum quasi-spammer, that's another story ^_^

Misunderstanding my quotes... Sarcasm really doesn't translate well over the interwebs, does it?

Can we just forget the whole thing? I'd really prefer it if this didn't degrade into a flame fest. It's going that way, and no one wants NKF to bring out the mod-stick.

By the way, I just noticed. 102 posts in almost 1 year. :banana:

Edited by Steelion