XCOMUFO & Xenocide

We Got An Ai Guy Now.

gangsta

This is really good news for the project :) since we've been looking for someone to do the AI. Anyway the other night me and Red Knight had one of our rare chats on the IRC when somebody came along saying they want to work on the AI. :) Anyway the natural thing is to ask if they done AI before because you never know. Turns out he is an expert when it comes to AI and has a Ph.D. ;) Oh btw his name is Mike and his handle was mikeo. This is good news because the only two hard parts of the project were developing a combat system and the AI. We already have a working plan on the Combat System and now we have someone who can do the AI. This also shows that more of us should hangout on the IRC because he visited there before he looked in the forums. :) BTW Warlord met him first there :P should of told us ;)

Heh, no I wasn't planning to work on the AI, given a chance I could probably learn but I haven't done a lot of programming in the field of games so I doubt I'd be much good; my field is more website/graphic design.

I was just saying a general hello and welcome to him since no one else did :P Sorry to be confusing :)

Ah one of my Rare Post on this forum :D

Anyway glad to see the Programing Team coming together, Due to my young Age i have No Experiance in programing of any kind, and i bet if i start learn right now Xenocide would be Close to or finshed by the time i could be any help :crying:

Anyway im off to another Topic

Same with me, due to my young age, I have no experience. But, this summmer my friend and I are going to learn some stuff at El Commeno Colledge.

I met Mikeo online awhile back, the next day things got a little crazy and I ended up at home for the holidays a lot sooner than I had expected to go. I'm sorry for my long absence. Gangsta: gonna need to take some time with you to catch me up on all this CVS crap. Anyway, I'll do my best to get back on-board as soon as possible, the holidays just turned out to be a real pain in the butt, so roll ever-onward without me, and I'll do my best to pick up the trail as soon as possible.

Still tied on,

War_Lord

Welcome back Warlord :)  anyways there is a thread here about how to do the cvs thing from windows.  Basically you have to do it from the command line since the gui really makes it harder.

The CVS Instructions are marked as sticky in the xenocide programmers forum...

Greetings

• 2 months later...
Guest stewart
In keeping with the thread title, the long lost "Mike" is replaced with "Mark" markyj do be precise. You know Markyj is VERY close to Maryj <_