XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcs Tournament

JoeJoe

The first X-Com Squads tournement is up and ready to go!

details are listed on the XCS site (Clans page)

[url="http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/home.swf"]http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/home.swf[/url]
New Members are welcome to join!
[url="http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/home.swf"]http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/home.swf[/url]

The matches have been chosen at random.
Single elemination
1 winner declared

check it out and let the games begin! Edited by JoeJoe

A couple of points that should be mentioned concerning the tournament:
- Before starting a game both players should agree on what to do if the game crashes or encounters bugs (CRC errors or NID messages). There are several options possible: restart with the same map or not, with the initial units or the ones left over when the game crashed, allowing to change squads or not. The easiest way is to simply have a new game with a new map and start from the beginning since it can be hard/impossible to determine how much units there were left before the errors/crash happened. This might not be fair to someone who is winning but if agreed before the game can prevent avoidable discussions.
- If you are losing don't be a sore loser and exit on people. If this happens to anyone remember that there's the F12 key that allows you to take a screenshot of your opponent's exit.
- Above all, have fun :)

Everyone who takes part in the tournament and all those who organise it, thx very much. One thing which should be changed is the turn limt. Even though it might not be that it will exceed in any game, it causes some sort of fuss. (Especially when i not know what happens when it actually does exceed??!!) The 8 k rule I FOUND sucky, however it gives people like me the chance to score sometimes, cause this i think is new for everybody. And pros like Hobbes or Kratos will also need to adapt to it.......... at least a little. So overall i am satisfied and thx again!

[quote name='s1_Zajetc' date='May 10 2005, 03:09 AM']How can i to take part in the tournament just now?
[right][post="119268"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You probably won't, since we already begun, but if JoeJoe thinks that you could...go ahead then. If so, then you will have to go to his site at the beginning of this topic. That is where the tournament results are, and other things that are being worked on by JoeJoe. You will have to register by: start a new clan (you can be by yourself), join a clan (if they will let you), or be a free agent (says: "I am wanting to join a clan, but I am just waiting for a clan to pick me"). At least the free agents section will be good as registered. If not this tournament, next tournament will be possible if you are signed up, just tell JoeJoe what you want to do to register. You can ask other clans if they want you in the topic: XCS Start your Clan Here. You can PM joejoe, or you can tell him what you want to register as in that topic.

BTW to everybody: We are keeping tabs on who cheats, if you cheat we will eventually find out, and you will be pulled from your championship trophy. Edited by Kratos

Um, I'd just like to say that having 25 turns is impossible, 20 is all we can do Edited by CopyBass

I will confirm that 20 turns is the only thing it will go up to. I seen this when i was fighting Decoder. Sorry for forgetting to mention it...I had other things concerning the game at the moment. You may have to change your turn limit to 20 on your rules section on your website JoeJoe. Edited by Kratos

Well, Archaon376 won his match against me, It was a fun one, and Quality MAJORLY beat quantity. Good luck on the rest of your matches man!

heh, Decoder so many [SC] guys it was bound to happen sometime.

As a note to everyone, if you expect an update to be there, but dont see it, Refresh the page.

As of right now all tournament progress should be shown. Its coming along well! I just wish I had someone to fight this first round.

[quote name='decoder' date='May 11 2005, 03:54 AM']Hehe. sry JoeJoe it was not meant to be a critic that i have to fight someone from my clan, we are ALL friends afterall, right???  :devillaugh:
[right][post="119319"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Of course we all are, thats why we kick each others' butts on games! :devillaugh:

I hope that with the next one we have at least 16 people so Eveything is even.

Heh yeah Decoder, I didn't mean to sound angry. Think of it as: winner gets bragging rights :NyaNyaNya:

Ideas for the next tournament include:
-5 agents, unlimited points
-10k point limit
-9k point limit

Your suggestions are always welcome!

Oh! Oh! It just came to me. On the hour-or-so of each persons battle you send them the same group of soldiers you send to their poopnent. That way each team is equal and it puts an interesting twist onto the tourney. You could call it the "Wild Card" tournament. It would be much harder than normal too, as they wouldnt have much time to test the teams.

I think that there may have been some ambiguity on tournament eligibility. Was this tournament only for people who have joined clans, or was it open to all ufo2000 players? If eligibility is for all ufo2000 players, then count me in for the next tournament.

[quote]I think that there may have been some ambiguity on tournament eligibility. Was this tournament only for people who have joined clans, or was it open to all ufo2000 players? If eligibility is for all ufo2000 players, then count me in for the next tournament.[/quote]

I'm sorry Tursiops, I ment it to be open to everyone, provided that you "register" with XCS. You dont need to be in a clan, we have a free agents list that is open to anyone who just wants to play in tournaments.

I would be happy to add you to this tournement, as we are still in the first round, and I would like to have an opponent to play :devillaugh: .

If you are interested in playing, just PM me here and tell me so. Ill add your name to the free agents list and we can set up a game.

Thank you for the post, I will make it more clear that tournaments are open to everyone in the future.

[quote]Oh! Oh! It just came to me. On the hour-or-so of each persons battle you send them the same group of soldiers you send to their poopnent. That way each team is equal and it puts an interesting twist onto the tourney. You could call it the "Wild Card" tournament. It would be much harder than normal too, as they wouldnt have much time to test the teams.[/quote]

Thats a really cool idea. It would be hard to send people information reguarding thier squad cause I dont know when they are going to play, but perhaps there is a way to "request" a squad once the match is set.
For example: each player is given a password.
When combined with your opponents password, you recieve info on what you squad make-up will be for that battle.
Example: My password is "ufo"
Your password is "2000"

We are playing each other so we trade passwords, and combine them to make ufo2000, which would grant us access to a site that contains info on what our squad will be for our battle. (all this is done on the xcs site of course).

Sounds confusing :hammer: but this is another idea to look into. Its neat.

Well, the site can just have a squad download, squad files can be saved on the team edit screen... each round a new one is realeased.

Aqfaq won a tournament game against MikeyMagoo (Dave)

The game was short and full of sectoids.
Thanks Dave, and feel free to pay back any time! :)

:Speach: The semester here at college has ended!! I have to go home, and this will cause me to be away from the internet for a little while!.

So, I will not be able to update the site as i usually do until I get home. So, sit tight for a day or two and everything will be back.

Expect some big changes when i return! :Hyper: (just to give you somethign to look forward to)

Unfortunitly this means that the tournement progression cant be updated, but, with the help of Krotos it can still go on. The matchs can be played out as you see em.

Good luck, I cant wait to get back!

If all of you didn't read JoeJoe's post, I will be running the tournament until he gets back.

The tournaments results are currently:

AQFAQ vs Dave = AQFAQ winner

Hobbes vs Plasma = Hobbes winner

Kratos vs Decoder = Decoder winner

Copybass vs Archaon 376 = Archaon 376 winner

We are currently waiting for DecalMan vs Mustang. If you two are having trouble with time zones, then i suggest you guys try to set a time that works for both of you here. We all hope you two will fight soon because the second round is about to begin. Edited by Kratos

[quote name='Kratos' date='May 10 2005, 06:59 AM'][quote name='s1_Zajetc' date='May 10 2005, 03:09 AM']How can i to take part in the tournament just now?
[right][post="119268"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You probably won't, since we already begun, but if JoeJoe thinks that you could...go ahead then. If so, then you will have to go to his site at the beginning of this topic. That is where the tournament results are, and other things that are being worked on by JoeJoe. You will have to register by: start a new clan (you can be by yourself), join a clan (if they will let you), or be a free agent (says: "I am wanting to join a clan, but I am just waiting for a clan to pick me"). At least the free agents section will be good as registered. If not this tournament, next tournament will be possible if you are signed up, just tell JoeJoe what you want to do to register. You can ask other clans if they want you in the topic: XCS Start your Clan Here. You can PM joejoe, or you can tell him what you want to register as in that topic.

BTW to everybody: We are keeping tabs on who cheats, if you cheat we will eventually find out, and you will be pulled from your championship trophy.
[right][post="119273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
quoting I'd like to say I don't have enough time for the tournament so I'm going to withdraw

We are all sad to hear that Mustang...maybe next time then. :)

The results will be:

DecalMan vs Mustang = Mustang withdraws, which declares DecalMan winner by default. I guess the second round will begin now, with DecalMan without a player.

Now the Second round will look like this now:

AQFAQ vs Hobbes

Decoder vs Archaon 376

DecalMan vs JoeJoe

I need opinions on if JoeJoe will be withdrawing...I would wait for him but it wouldn't be fair to DecalMan, but on the other hand, JoeJoe wouldn't have a say on if he withdrew or not. Please post opinions on this matter. Edited by Kratos

Im officially back!

As I type this I am cooking a delicious chicken on the grill.

Its good to be home!

I wanna finish this tournament up so we can give the Domination game a try.

DECALMAN ::: I WANT YOU!!! (to tell me when the best time to play is)

Ack...... Private Decalman! Report in and take down target JoeJoe!

I just realized that MAD and SC were set up for these matches :OhBrother:

We need to get this tournament going! I agree with Kratos, we should set a time limit for the games or something.

I see new players all the time, but they don't seem to stay long. There is a good group of a few people who are deticated to this game, I think we should all get together and maybe discuss how we can keep other players here longer.

and an update:: WWW.XCS.TK is coming soon!

I believe a weeks time (7 days) from the starting of a match is enough time for anyone to play if they have any time at all. I think we can make acceptions for 1 day late people though in a week (I know how it is to miss something by one day). Which makes this a total of 8 days for a weeks time. Edited by Kratos

I agree. lets start that NOW, today, right here.

Any round 2 game that is NOT played within the next 8 days will be forfited.

If one player makes an attempt (on forums or something that we can see) that player is not given a win, but DOES move on (as if they had won).

If both players are making attempts, but there is just no time that is good for them to play, then a change should be made if possible. I dont want to leave both of the players out in the cold just because they live on opposite sides of the world.

another idea would be to have one or two days that the matches are schedualed for. So we would all play on one of those two days. This would suck for some, but would make the matches more concrete, and would require more commitment.

*twitch* Ah, the joys of boredom... So what's the prize? A trophy on the clan page?

No, a year's worth of X-com T-shirts (not really). Most likely your name will be placed on a tournament results page on JoeJoe's site, showing your the champ. ;)

Ahhh, the glory...I wish I didn't lose on my first round. I would teach all of you a lesson or two. :devillaugh: Except for Hobbes and AQFAQ, they will most likely teach me a thing or two. :hammer: Ow, ow, the pain of the hammer. Edited by Kratos