XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Svga Patch Don't Work For Me...

alok

I've downloaded the svga problem patch for the tacp & ufo2p.exe, but this patch don't work in my copy of the game, because it's a portuguese (It sucks...) version...

If anyone can help me saying which modifications does this patch do, I would be happy. Like, if you say:

this patch changes the sequence 00 0f ec bc eb 32 in 0003bc56 position to

01 0f ec ba ec 64

just copy a small sequence like 6+ bytes, from the original and from the patched file, then I can find the similar in my version.

If anyone knows where I could get a copy of ufo2p.exe (original), it would help in the same way.

Thanks.

Well, sorry, can't help you there.  Ask j'ordos, NKF, or someone.

edit: anyone in the programming department.

If you have the english version of the game, you can help me. Just download the svga patch from x3svga.zip, then copy your file ufo2p.exe to another place, use the patch on it and compare (using a hex editor) with the original. What I need to know is which sequences does it change from the original file. From what to what. The position is irrelevant.

I found a copy of ufo2p.exe on a topic here, and I could make my own patch for the svga problem. But now, I have other worst problems... No sound on the tactical view and I need to pick the CD every time I want to play... If someone could post a copy of the original, unmodified, unpatched, uncracked ufo2p.exe, I believe I could solve all of my problems, and play the full game!

Thanks

Thanks, great, it worked!!! I made the necessary modifications and now the game is working just fine! :beer:

Don't need to run it on safe mode without sound anymore! Much better, BTW!

Now, if you forgive me, I'm late on schedule, some ufos making damages on the city..., so...

:uzzi: :alienmad: