XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Questions and Answers

TonyART

yeah, the one where you had to summon a town portal in the correct spot to be taken to the cow level, that's where you could find the cow armour. Much better than Diablo plate imo :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know if this has been addressed before but is Xenocide gonna have an "add-on" or features that are available through varios other programs....scotts utilities for example.

For more clarity what i mean to say is will it have the "standard-mode" which pretty much duplicates the original games parameters AND an optional mode in which we can via a set of prompts set up parameters that are more to our liking?

Utilities like XCOMUTIL and such are not going to be necessary at all, xenocide will be completely moddable, so you can change, for example, the range and damage of the laser rifle if you feel like it, or make the Grey more powerful, or remove psi abilities from the cloak, whatever. You will be able to change the stats of everything to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, well.. I guess your site has managed to suck in another X-COM fan, because I just kinda stubmed upon this little project while browsing through Strategy Core, was looking for mods for Silent Storm and ended up on here.

I guess I'll start my first post off with a question, a n00bish question I guess.

I understand you're trying to hold true to the X-COM game, but have the game still be totally unique in and unto itself. So will you be considering adding new features to this game? Like, for instance, adding a more interactive form of UFO Interception? Like perhaps having you control the crosshairs of the aircraft to take down the UFO? Will you be adding more alien races to this project?

I mean, I'm an artist, and I do dabble in the 3rd dimension. I've messed about with 3D Studio MAX 5, 6, and 7 before, so I may be able to help, though the most I'd be able to contribute is 2D concept art at this point.

So, to get this straight: Until v. 1 all features will be more or less like in the original UFO:EU - but of course with better grafics and deeper reaching ufopeadia entrys; after we've reached a stable v.1 we will start adding new features like interactive aeroscape etc etc.

---Edit---

Have a look at the Labs! Here you can find and post ideas for v.1+

Edited by Mad

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...