XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Dumb Question About The Playstation Version Of Xco

Shotgunner

I know that these boards are primarily for the PC games, but I am having a problem with my Playstation copy of X-COM and was wondeirng if anyone else has had this happen to them.

My PSOne recently took a dump on me, so I've been using my PS2. The only issue I have been having is that the game runs slowly(even slower if I use the Smooth Texture mapping and Fast Disc Speed options). Has only else had this issue while trying to run the Playstation version of XCOM in their PS2? If so, is there any way to correct it?

• 2 months later...
I know that these boards are primarily for the PC games, but I am having a problem with my Playstation copy of X-COM and was wondeirng if anyone else has had this happen to them.

My PSOne recently took a dump on me, so I've been using my PS2. The only issue I have been having is that the game runs slowly(even slower if I use the Smooth Texture mapping and Fast Disc Speed options). Has only else had this issue while trying to run the Playstation version of XCOM in their PS2? If so, is there any way to correct it?

Actually, it plays faster on my new slim ps2. It loads ALOT faster too. The problem i've noticed was yesterday. i was in a Muton ship, a large battleship, and the second floor of it showed some garbled graphics and also options screen was garbled and it was slowing down alot but that's about it. i also use the smooth texture and fast loading and no problems.

yeah, it's REALLY slow on my PS2. but I'm used to it.

at least it's mostly stable. except for the problem FenderStrat was talking about. I find that on large and very large UFOs, the graphics and colors get all garbled up and it locks up if you go on the top of the ship.