XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Music

x0563511

What do you think?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, not sure what to do with it, but I wanted to make a battlescape track kinda like the origional X-COM (all bassy and dronish)

Well, here is version 1.0

Comments/Suggestions/Queries?

Filesize is about 600k extracted.

Loops fairly well.

Added a second version - different bass synth, MUCH more depth.

Fixed zips - used a nonuniversal format (oops) now they should work.

drone.zip

drone_v2.zip

Edited by x0563511

OK, try it again. Notice i zipped it this time - maybe less chance of MIME types messing with it or something :)

Also, fixed the faders, made it more loop friendly (gap is intentional).

Edited by x0563511

i downloaded the file by pressing right mouse button on it and then i changed its name from drone.ogg.mp3 to drone.ogg Then just played it in win media player :P

EDIT: but now it works properly also when u clik on it by left button :)

Edited by Neithan

well, i would like to see more options in the pool i listened to the music and i some how like dron v2 more than v1. Try to make version 3 maybe than i will vote GOOD :) , or add more otions like Terrible Bad Avarage Good Perfect and i will vote GOOD without listening to v3 :D Edited by Neithan

well, i would like to see more options in the pool i listened to the music and i some how like dron v2 more than v1. Try to make version 3 maybe than i will vote GOOD :) , or add more otions like Terrible Bad Avarage Good Perfect and i will vote GOOD without listening to v3  :D

Can't seem to edit the poll, unfortunatly.

What does it need for v3? I can easily make it longer. More bass? less? more variation? tweaks to the vocal drone?

To give you an idea of what kind of power I have at my fingertips ( :devillaugh: ) here is a screenshot. Of course I don't know how to use most of it :wacko:

BTW, I origionally uploaded a plain .ogg file. The forum's code must have tacked on the .mp3 for some reason :Poke:

Here is a longer version of V2. Just added an extra bass drone cycle.

I would host these files myself, http://x0563511.dyndns.org , but my computer has to be turned off when I'm not home or when everyone is asleep (term of my living here)

Anyone recommend a place to stick these so I don't use up my forum attachment limit?

post-3289-1123368061_thumb.png

drone_v2_long.zip

Edited by x0563511

nice mix set :D

More times i listen to that sound the more i like it... drone v2 long is good (i decided to vote) :P

PS: :hmmm: what about to add some cool alien screems into it?

EDIT: damned i pressed null vote instead of vote! :(

Edited by Neithan

Would you like your friendly global to edit the poll for you? :D

Edit: anything you want done to the thread, PM me :) and I will sort it. :Coffee:

Edit 2: If someone would like to add a vote, and cannot, and HAS NOT VOTED BEFORE ON THE NEW POLL, then PM me, and I will add a vote wherever you stipulate.

Edited by dipstick

Sounds good ! (especially v2)

The "problem" with theses kind of music is that they... doesn't change much. Well, that music would be perfect for... let's say, the mission on Cydonia, or when attacking an alien base maybe.

But it also depend on the type of game.

Personnaly, when I play ufo2000, i prefer more rythmed music, while in the original xcom, deep music like yours is preferable, because the original ufo is indeed a mystery game, at some point, like your music.

I also think that a background music like yours might fit just perfectly for the geoscape / base management... probably because of that feeling given by seeing the earth in the deep, empty space.

Edited by JFarceur

Sounds good ! (especially v2)

The  "problem" with theses kind of music is that they... doesn't change much. Well, that music would be perfect for... let's say, the mission on Cydonia, or when attacking an alien base maybe.

But it also depend on the type of game.

Personnaly, when I play ufo2000, i prefer more rythmed music, while in the original xcom, deep music like yours is preferable, because the original ufo is indeed a mystery game, at some point, like your music.

I also think that a background music like yours might fit just perfectly for the geoscape / base management... probably because of that feeling given by seeing the earth in the deep, empty space.

Actually, now that I think of it, it would be better for the Geoscape/base.

But I absolutely suck at creating "structured" music, rythms, and complex melodies. Don't believe me?

http://www.dance-industries.com/view_artis...1364&track=4076

http://www.dance-industries.com/view_artis...1364&track=5341

http://www.dance-industries.com/view_artis...1364&track=4807

BTW, the rythms in those were pre-created

Edited by x0563511